Sign in to follow this  
SeirenGrey

Finally, Our 愛巢...

35K is still aaaaaaaaaaaa lot of $$ wor :jawdrop:

these sellers ought to be shot! :furious:

coming back, congrats on ur new home 酸梅! :sport-smiley-004: *just joking*

mine is due for completion in end-nov and start reno on 1 Dec. gonna do a

victorian style ** gonna cost a bomb liao **

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks all! :yamseng:

SeirenGrey, I also got our place with 35K COV ... looked like u also into scandinavian theme, looking forward to see more pics.

I going to get our key end of next month then will start our reno ... count down now : )

Btw, what is ur budget of reno? I met Jimmy before and he was not bad, quite keen to work with him but we have already confirmed another contractor ...

Yes I am! Congrats to you too. :)

My budget is probably around 25K? Not sure whether this is realistic or not... :unsure:

35K is still aaaaaaaaaaaa lot of $$ wor :jawdrop:

these sellers ought to be shot! :furious:

coming back, congrats on ur new home 酸梅! :sport-smiley-004: *just joking*

mine is due for completion in end-nov and start reno on 1 Dec. gonna do a

victorian style ** gonna cost a bomb liao **

Hahaha I wouldn't say that lah... sellers also need $$ to move to a new house mah! They'll need cash to pay COV to some other seller too. :deal:

Congrats to you too! :) Victorian is lovely, but definitely alot of $$ for Victorian look furniture and carpentry... :jawdrop:

Still, can't wait for your reno pics cuz your home will be gorgeous!

I love the scandinavian/swedish design concept too! You can check out my t-blog if you want more IDs to visit!

My first appointment is also in November! Was hoping to move in before CNY next year, but you're right, it's highly unlikely.

Congrats on your home and post more pics of the process :D

Congrats on your home too! I'm exercising my option and signing the resale application tonight. So excited!

Your house is HUGE!!!! :jawdrop: Can do island kitchen leh!

Thanks all! :yamseng:

Yes I am! Congrats to you too. :)

My budget is probably around 25K? Not sure whether this is realistic or not... :unsure:

25k reno seems quite tight, are u planned to do a lot or just minor touch up ? Have u chk with your ID if this budget can do what u want? For us, we increase our budget from 40k to 50k ...

25k reno seems quite tight, are u planned to do a lot or just minor touch up ? Have u chk with your ID if this budget can do what u want? For us, we increase our budget from 40k to 50k ...

I haven't confirmed on an ID yet! My reno should be quite standard... change flooring for the whole house, renovation of kitchen and 2 toilets, re-painting, replacement of doors/windows and hacking off half the wall for my entertainment room and change to glass. Not having much carpentry, getting most of our furniture off the shelf.

Things I don't need to do:

- WIW in MBR... feature wall not shown in floor plan (left behind by previous owner, together with the pole system, can change this at a later stage when we feel richer)

- L-box for ceiling lights in living area (left behind by previous owner)

- Re-location of lighting/electrical points (we can DIY)

Hope it's doable... :unsure:

Congrats on your home too! I'm exercising my option and signing the resale application tonight. So excited!

Your house is HUGE!!!! :jawdrop: Can do island kitchen leh!

Hope you manage to secure an early first appointment! The dates are so packed, it's insane. I can't wait for the first appointment! :dancingqueen:

I'm still trying to figure out what to do exactly! Can't wait to sign with an ID and begin :P

share more renovation ideas! :D

I haven't confirmed on an ID yet! My reno should be quite standard... change flooring for the whole house, renovation of kitchen and 2 toilets, re-painting, replacement of doors/windows and hacking off half the wall for my entertainment room and change to glass. Not having much carpentry, getting most of our furniture off the shelf.

- WIW in MBR... feature wall not shown in floor plan (left behind by previous owner, together with the pole system, can change this at a later stage when we feel richer)

Hi SeirenGrey,

I would think your budget is possible. I did my new 4rm at $19k.

Yours would cost more than mine, mainly because of the bigger area, hacking of existing floor tiles, and the 2 toilets.

Good luck !

Flooring for whole flat + both flooring and wall for kitchen and toilets are about 14-18k depending on how ex is your tiles. painting whole 5 room about 1.5k. Hacking old flooring + half wall of entertainment room + kitchen and toilets another 3-4k. then changing of all doors/windows will depends on how many windows you have and mine was around 4k without changing living + 1 of the room windows so for yours, easily another 5k.

haven't consider kitchen cabinets plus glass wall for the entertainment.

Flooring for whole flat + both flooring and wall for kitchen and toilets are about 14-18k depending on how ex is your tiles. painting whole 5 room about 1.5k. Hacking old flooring + half wall of entertainment room + kitchen and toilets another 3-4k. then changing of all doors/windows will depends on how many windows you have and mine was around 4k without changing living + 1 of the room windows so for yours, easily another 5k.

haven't consider kitchen cabinets plus glass wall for the entertainment.

Ya agree that $35k for highfloor is reasonable cos you get better view and clothes washed are less likely to get wet from clothes hanging upstairs LOL

May_dream

Your lovely house was featured on TV sometime ago right? :sport-smiley-018:

Did you spend above $40K for your reno only ? :rolleyes:

Hi SeirenGrey,

I would think your budget is possible. I did my new 4rm at $19k.

Yours would cost more than mine, mainly because of the bigger area, hacking of existing floor tiles, and the 2 toilets.

Good luck !

Thanks! I hope so, maybe will do some DIY to save costs as well! V heart pain to use so much money at one go... >.<

May_dream

Your lovely house was featured on TV sometime ago right? :sport-smiley-018:

Did you spend above $40K for your reno only ? :rolleyes:

Yup, my house was featured on tv in aug. I was doing quite minimal Reno but already spent slightly more than 50k on Reno alone. Didn't incl lightings and toilets stuff (toilet bowl, sink, basins, rain shower etc). Really ex loh....

Hope you manage to secure an early first appointment! The dates are so packed, it's insane. I can't wait for the first appointment! :dancingqueen:

I'm still trying to figure out what to do exactly! Can't wait to sign with an ID and begin :P

share more renovation ideas! :D

When's your appointment? My agent is submitting for me tomorrow morning, the earliest dates are late Nov... really very late! D:

I was told that my key collection dates are in the first week of Jan and that makes me very excited... hee!

Yup, my house was featured on tv in aug. I was doing quite minimal Reno but already spent slightly more than 50k on Reno alone. Didn't incl lightings and toilets stuff (toilet bowl, sink, basins, rain shower etc). Really ex loh....

So ex!!!

I already have quotes fitting my budget (gotten from renoquotes) but no reviews from those IDs/contractors so I'm just using as reference... those are the standard quotes lah, haven't tweaked them with my requirements yet...

If really turn out too exp, may renovate in two phases or buy less furniture for the time being lol :P