Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frankman

My Little 3 Room Resale Flat..

You fixed up yourself? I extracted a promise from my ID he would set up my bed because I have no idea how to set up anything and all screws look alike to me.

Yes, I fix it up myself and later with 2 relative because it's heavy like solid wood. Worst is they don't label the parts even they provide the diagram, come in 2 package, 20 above pieces and hundred above screws. It is good that your ID help you to fix up and bed frame is much simple.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Glad you could fix up yourself together with your relatives. Last time I tried to assemble anything, took 1 day just to set up a standing fan trying to figure which screw goes where.

At least your reno is now complete. Mine would be delayed. Supposed to finish by this Saturday. But carpentry delayed = varnishing parquet delayed = polishing marble delayed = plastering/painting delayed. My toilet vanity & mirror fabricated in Indonesia also delayed because I suspect the ship captain decided to take a detour to visit his girlfriends in different ports.

I suspect the ship captain decided to take a detour to visit his girlfriends in different ports.

Hahaha.... when did your renovation started? Normally 3room take around 5 to 6 weeks to finish during peak time and your vanity top & mirror fabricated in Indonesia??? Have the supplier fabrication finished or just shipment delay? How do you order those things from Indonesia, online?

This is the latest model roller curtain from Taobao, call zebra roller curtain and cost $110 Chinese Yuan per square metre. They have sent wrong size for my coffee table too big.

microMsg1353752958952.jpg

microMsg1353826091389.jpg

Edited by frankman

Hi Frankman, I was referred to your thread by Pinktissue. Your house is sooo pretty! Gosh, now I feel so much more confident to buy from TB. Can you share with me your list of items and suppliers? :) My email is my_dream_wedding@ymail.com

I need to buy bedroom set, coffee table, dining table, ceiling fan, lights, study desk & chairs, room divider, wallpaper, kitchen & bathroom accessories etc etc... If my items are fragile (like shower screens and tempered glass table), is it still advisable to ship? I just bought my vanity cabinet locally cos was hesitant to buy from TB and could not find a good shipping agent. Kinda regret now :P Cos TB has so much more designs that are way nicer! Haha...

Oh, can I know the dimensions of your bed btw? Your selling price is for the bedframe only right?

Hi Frankman,

Can you kindly send me the contact of the freight forwarder? So far how's the quality of the furniture you ordered from China? Thanks in advance!

yay.. finally.. somebody who's doing the entire house up with taobao..

it's something i discussed with my hubby, but we were afraid to do as we were afraid that big items like beds will be expensive to ship and other stuff like toilet bowl, bathtub and sink might chip when they deliver it..

please please send me the contacts for May :)

thank you so much..

i recently bought some cups from taobao and they were cheap and really pretty, their quality is in no way lower than what we can find in singapore, sometimes, the stuff that i get from taobao is even better quality than what i can get in singapore, and for the price, you will not find that quality anywhere else..

i also bought a 2000w step down transformer, for the keurig brewer i bought from amazon us, and it only cost S$50, shipping cost S$60 together with my cups. since the transformer is pretty heavy, let's say it cost 2/3 of the shipping price.

so my transformer cost only S$90.. this could easily cost double if i were to go to homefix..

i'm using hoyoyo for small items, but for the bulk shipping, they are charging CNY630 per 0.5 cubic meter..

yay.. finally.. somebody who's doing the entire house up with taobao..

it's something i discussed with my hubby, but we were afraid to do as we were afraid that big items like beds will be expensive to ship and other stuff like toilet bowl, bathtub and sink might chip when they deliver it..

please please send me the contacts for May :)

thank you so much..

i recently bought some cups from taobao and they were cheap and really pretty, their quality is in no way lower than what we can find in singapore, sometimes, the stuff that i get from taobao is even better quality than what i can get in singapore, and for the price, you will not find that quality anywhere else..

i also bought a 2000w step down transformer, for the keurig brewer i bought from amazon us, and it only cost S$50, shipping cost S$60 together with my cups. since the transformer is pretty heavy, let's say it cost 2/3 of the shipping price.

so my transformer cost only S$90.. this could easily cost double if i were to go to homefix..

i'm using hoyoyo for small items, but for the bulk shipping, they are charging CNY630 per 0.5 cubic meter..

My forwarder that I used charged me as below:

AMCON EXPRESS Quotation:

RMB550.00/Cube Metre (S$110 if base on exchange rate of 5) + S$35 per declare document + GST.

It's not so advisable to buy toilet bowl from taobao unless you technical know how because their dimension of the sanitary system is different from us and don't take the risk, please take note. Like the sense touch switches I bought from taobao, evenly my electrician install it correctly but it wouldn't work, I have guide them and you have google & read their technical instruction. At the end is a win - win situation for my electrician and me, they learn something and this switch has electronic circuit inside with only 2 wires can make a 2 way switch work, normal switch is 6 wires.

Talking about ordering home furniture from taobao most important is about dimension to make sure you physically take the measurement of your new house and plan all the spacing correctly.

Hi Frankman, I was referred to your thread by Pinktissue. Your house is sooo pretty! Gosh, now I feel so much more confident to buy from TB. Can you share with me your list of items and suppliers? :) My email is my_dream_wedding@ymail.com

I need to buy bedroom set, coffee table, dining table, ceiling fan, lights, study desk & chairs, room divider, wallpaper, kitchen & bathroom accessories etc etc... If my items are fragile (like shower screens and tempered glass table), is it still advisable to ship? I just bought my vanity cabinet locally cos was hesitant to buy from TB and could not find a good shipping agent. Kinda regret now :P Cos TB has so much more designs that are way nicer! Haha...

Oh, can I know the dimensions of your bed btw? Your selling price is for the bedframe only right?

Bed frame overall size is 246 x 180 x 95cm