Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

One of my secret purchases (ie. Purchases behind ID's back) was a scroll of paper with vintage prints that I absolutely must have even though I wasn't sure if I would use it at the time of purchase. But when I finally 'declared' my purchase to my ID, his reaction was "Can use. Must Use!".

So here's my secret purchase that will find a spot in my home...

photo_zpsb0ca3572.jpg

photo_zps5b6f1318.jpg

photo_zpsdd1dc7ee.jpg

other pieces of loot

photo_zpse07f761a.jpg

photo_zps3d909791.jpg

it's strange how the decor of my place has evolved so much over the last few months. I started off wanting something that is Scandinavian - lots of white and light colour wood. Then the choice of my wood tiles and influences by my ID changed that into scandinavian with industrial elements and in the past few weeks, it's taken on a bit of French flavor bcos I love furnishings and decorations that are french looking. And just a few days ago, the lights were installed and my first impression was 'erm... How come it has a boutique feel?". I didn't tell my ID this but when he saw the lights at night, he had exactly the same feeling! It will be interesting to see what the overall decor looks like when I finally decorate the place. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

One of my secret purchases (ie. Purchases behind ID's back) was a scroll of paper with vintage prints that I absolutely must have even though I wasn't sure if I would use it at the time of purchase. But when I finally 'declared' my purchase to my ID, his reaction was "Can use. Must Use!".

So here's my secret purchase that will find a spot in my home...photo_zpsb0ca3572.jpgphoto_zps5b6f1318.jpgphoto_zpsdd1dc7ee.jpg

other pieces of lootphoto_zpse07f761a.jpgphoto_zps3d909791.jpg

it's strange how the decor of my place has evolved so much over the last few months. I started off wanting something that is Scandinavian - lots of white and light colour wood. Then the choice of my wood tiles and influences by my ID changed that into scandinavian with industrial elements and in the past few weeks, it's taken on a bit of French flavor bcos I love furnishings and decorations that are french looking. And just a few days ago, the lights were installed and my first impression was 'erm... How come it has a boutique feel?". I didn't tell my ID this but when he saw the lights at night, he had exactly the same feeling! It will be interesting to see what the overall decor looks like when I finally decorate the place. :)

I love the paper! Excellent buy! Where did you get it from?

Hi, check your mail box :)

If you remember, I talked about my dining lights last week - the rustic ones which we took a while to find.

photo_zpsbaecaab9.jpg

And guess what? I broke one of the glass lamp shades today. My heart just shattered to pieces, together with the lamp shade.. :( :(

Now I'm considering whether to buy a replacement or to do a rescue job with what's left of the light (The DIY list just gets longer and longer).

On a happier note, I'm really like how my ID has done the wiring of my kitchen. As I do not have upper kitchen cabinets, it would be ugly if my power points are mounted on my white walls. So my ID decided to hide the wiring inside my lower cabinets!

This is how my kitchen wall looks - not a single wire in sight....

photo_zps46738516.jpg

They have all been hidden in the upper drawer of my cabinet.

photo_zpsef259e41.jpg

This is what you see when you pull down the drawer cover

photo_zps3e4aef79.jpg

then you slide the cover into the drawer so that there is nothing obstructing the way.

photo_zps2741ab52.jpg

This secret drawer is built in between the sink and the hob so that I can use my small electrical appliances during cooking and easily

put them into the sink for washing. Kudos to my ID for being so attentive to details! Five other power points are hidden elsewhere but as usual, I forgot to take pictures. so shall post about them some other time. :)

photo_zpsef259e41.jpg

Hi June,

Appreciate if you could pm me the contact details for the wood supplier cum furniture maker? My resale flat is undergoing renovation too. I've some old furniture pieces that needs some refurbishment. Thanks!

If you remember, I talked about my dining lights last week - the rustic ones which we took a while to find. photo_zpsbaecaab9.jpg

And guess what? I broke one of the glass lamp shades today. My heart just shattered to pieces, together with the lamp shade.. :( :(

Now I'm considering whether to buy a replacement or to do a rescue job with what's left of the light (The DIY list just gets longer and longer).

On a happier note, I'm really like how my ID has done the wiring of my kitchen. As I do not have upper kitchen cabinets, it would be ugly if my power points are mounted on my white walls. So my ID decided to hide the wiring inside my lower cabinets!

This is how my kitchen wall looks - not a single wire in sight....photo_zps46738516.jpg

They have all been hidden in the upper drawer of my cabinet.photo_zpsef259e41.jpg

This is what you see when you pull down the drawer coverphoto_zps3e4aef79.jpg

then you slide the cover into the drawer so that there is nothing obstructing the way.photo_zps2741ab52.jpg

This secret drawer is built in between the sink and the hob so that I can use my small electrical appliances during cooking and easily

put them into the sink for washing. Kudos to my ID for being so attentive to details! Five other power points are hidden elsewhere but as usual, I forgot to take pictures. so shall post about them some other time. :)photo_zpsef259e41.jpg

I like the secret drawer! Your I'd is really good, is attentive to details and more importantly, takes pride in his work!

If you remember, I talked about my dining lights last week - the rustic ones which we took a while to find. photo_zpsbaecaab9.jpg

ouch! this one seemed a bit tricky to DIY?

ouch! this one seemed a bit tricky to DIY?

Not really.... Will be changing to tungsten bulbs and removing the remaining glass shade. We already tried it and frankly, the overall look is nicer... :)

haha its a blessing in disguise then!

I am drooling over your vintage french paper scrolls, especially the one with Effiel Tower! But I am holding my horses haha. Still

searching for my dream yoga posters and thinking if I shoud gef a girl with ballon painted/pasted on the wall.

Hey June

did you try out the tungsten bulbs at njght?

I am using tnungsten bulbs for my bar counter lights. find it a little glaring from many angles. Will try out with the glass cover on when I find a shorter tungsten bulb.

Hey June

did you try out the tungsten bulbs at njght?

I am using tnungsten bulbs for my bar counter lights. find it a little glaring from many angles. Will try out with the glass cover on when I find a shorter tungsten bulb.

yes, i find it glaring too....but its nice....Anyway, the lightings shop is checking for me to see if they have a spare lamp shade. i would still like to have the lamp shades as a standby,, in case the tungsten is really not user frendly

I must be Singapore's slowest shopper when it comes to bathroom accessories. For some strange reasons, I can't stand the stainless steel bathroom accessories in the shops. For many months, I have been looking for a unique towel rack or toilet paper holder but sadly, I think the designs in Singapore are pretty standard. And now time is running out bcos ID is fixing the bathroom accessories next week. So far, I have only found a couple of white racks for my MBR toilet (at least they look different from the usual stainless steel designs).

photo_zps37ffddd0.jpg

photo_zps65c4c7f5.jpg

Unlike the living/dining/kitchen, my MBR will be mainly white and cream combo bcos I like my room to have a very soft, cosy feel. The track lights are white and my wardrobe laminate is cream with fabric texture.

photo_zpsfebbd8e2.jpg

My 'great wall of china' :)

photo_zps29e86678.jpg

Hopefully i will have better luck early next week.