Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

The furniture maker requested that I go down to the workshop to see if the colour of the wood stain is ok. So I went down just now. My table top is sooo gorgeous !!!! It looks sooo much better than I had imagined!!

photo_zpsdd473209.jpg

The white part, which is the bark of the tree, will be stained darker. The table will be ready tomorrow or Wednesday! It weighs about 20kg now without the cast iron legs. With the legs, I'm sure it weighs like an elephant!

I can't wait for it to be delivered! It's well worth the effort I took to get it custom made. The aunty has a lot of pride in her work and she was admiring and touching the table and saying 'very nice' in Cantonese to me. The workmanship is very good as she and her husband have been doing this all their lives. With my limited Cantonese, I could only say a simple thank you to her. I think I have been really lucky to have found good people to help create my dream home. My ID, my carpenter and my furniture maker are really first class! :) :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Loving the table and the tags! Where did you get the tags from? :)

Hello, I got them from Hock Siong, the very popular second hand shop. I bought three out of five tags there. Not sure if the remaining two are still there.

I can't believe this!! My photo bucket bandwidth exceeded limit today when I'm going to upload pix of my custom made table that was delivered to my place !! @#%@& !

any one knows how to upload pix from flickr to here?

Hi, you can try this:

- click on the Share button of the image you wanna share

- select 'Grab the BB code'. You can choose the image size from the scroll down button.

- Select all & copy the BB code. Paste it on your blog :)

Hi, you can try this:

- click on the Share button of the image you wanna share

- select 'Grab the BB code'. You can choose the image size from the scroll down button.

- Select all & copy the BB code. Paste it on your blog :)

thanks very much!!

My table was finally ready after more than two weeks. it took three men - the furniture maker's son and his two assistants - to carry the table to my place.

9193254004_74f726a400.jpg

photo.JPG by Limeng493, on Flickr

The cast iron legs were screwed on at my place..

9190414891_ac66f6e9d1.jpg

Checking that the table is balanced

9190416617_1c6cc9b6a7.jpg

Here it is!

9193204162_06fbbaa00c.jpg

9193217312_2486644dce.jpg

More pix of my 'baby'...

9193222562_c343968af2.jpg

9190431651_809cdf593c.jpg

Here's a shot of my table and my tv console/tv wall. The latter is done but I still need to furnish it a bit to bring out more of the industrial feel.

9190434571_1b796937d7.jpg

photo.JPG by

Limeng493, on Flickr

Here's a funny shot - Godzilla versus Rambo

9190452863_3a97f6315f.jpg

On the left is Godzilla (son of furniture maker) .... On the right is Rambo (my ID with a drill)... Who will win this fight?? Needless to say...my ID!!! Woohoo...!!!

Hou leng hou leng! Really beautiful table June!

Thanks ! Some people like computers, hi fi sets, cars or branded bags etc. But I like dining table bcos that's where the family come together to eat and talk... ;)

While doing the final touch up today, ID passed me his dark wax and suggested that I go distress my stationery drawers. He must be thinking I was very bored. So I dabbed a bit of the wax on the drawers and rubbed it all over to create that distressed look.

9193242904_474dd1b2f0.jpg

9190446803_2a9a5a678b.jpg

It looks so genuinely dirty and worn out...but I like it. I shall use it in the kitchen to store my packets of sugar and tea bags in foil.

Edited by June