Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Do You Need An Agent Before You Can Buy Hdb Resale?

Hi all,

Im looking to buy a resale HDB. Understand that buyer's agent will be paid 1% by the buyer for the successful transaction.

Can I opt not to have an agent? Does it mean I wont have to pay the 1% agent fees?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Im looking to buy a resale HDB. Understand that buyer's agent will be paid 1% by the buyer for the successful transaction.

Can I opt not to have an agent? Does it mean I wont have to pay the 1% agent fees?

Thanks!

if you are internet saavy enough to come to renotalk forum, I'm sure you will be able to get the instructions from HDB website for DIY transactions.

But when u intend to DIY, you may not have access to some good units that are kept within 'agents circle'.

if you are internet saavy enough to come to renotalk forum, I'm sure you will be able to get the instructions from HDB website for DIY transactions.

But when u intend to DIY, you may not have access to some good units that are kept within 'agents circle'.

This is quite true..seller agents may not want to entertain you and some even block you from viewing.Many agents do not want to deal with buyers without agent. This is what I experienced during my house hunting.My seller's agent told us he didn't want to deal with these buyers.

This is quite true..seller agents may not want to entertain you and some even block you from viewing.Many agents do not want to deal with buyers without agent. This is what I experienced during my house hunting.My seller's agent told us he didn't want to deal with these buyers.

Do you know why?

b'coz agent scare of those ppl want to DIY but don't understand the paper doc well.

During the process, didn't do this, didn't prepare that, didn't check that.

Then everything ask seller agent which double load the seller agent. He not just want to do his seller document. He also need to double check and worry does the buyer did the document properly.

Why create problem for himself.

When I search for my house, one seller said she want to do document herself.

When I ask her some question about process, she don't understand what am I asking.

I told my spouse. Forget it. Move to next unit. She don't know what she is doing.

Then 1 mth later, she engage a property agent to market for her.

And make a guess what is her condition.

She don't pay her agent commission. So buyer need to pay seller agent commission.

If the buyer has his own agent. On top of paying his own buyer agent commission.

The buyer also need to pay her agent "seller" commission.

Full commission hor.

Siao

We went to see her unit , original 30 yrs old HDB condition. COV 20k

After she engage a agent, COV jump to 30k.

Seem agents will advertise and address themselves as buyer agent when you engage them.

Some seller agent will double act as a buyer agent. When they learned that you are wo agent they will get their colleague to pose a seller agent and suddenly they become buyer agent, your agent.

Get a agent you trust, whom will get you a good price. Some agents just want to close the deal and ask you to offer to meet the seller's asking price.

My agent is not bad, at least he bothered to knock on neighbour's door to check for potential loan shark unit and also check the owner's financial status, bankrupty, etc.

Guest Goobii

Find an agent if you dont want the hassle of getting into complicated issue with seller .

Just bought a resale hdb on my own w/o buyers agent

Submitted my own resale hdb application online

Not difficult at all, it's all there on hdb website if you bother to find and read

Why pay 1% when you can DIY, but you must spend time to do your own

But one thing is true, you miss out those units sellers agent keep within their circles

I rather save my money for reno

Hi all,

Thanks!