Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Piggicia

Suicide In My Unit

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My Aunt stays in Toa Payoh at a block famous for people jumping. She always tell me she always felt eerie going in and out of her block. Sometimes in the middle of the midnight, there seems to be a loud thud and many atimes she was awaken. At other times, there seems to be some faint wailing. Her neighbours claimed to hear it too. I wouldn't want to live in such a block. Sometimes to think of it, its not so much about our own guts but the welfare of the children.

Seriously there's nothing much u can do since u already doing Reno. Can u still bargin for some discount since the owner lie to u? Or consult a lawyer see if can get any compensation for this?

The latest drama is he told us the truth. 17yrs ago suicide. 8yrs vacant. Erm.. Equally bad la. Looking for a FSM now so if any of u have pls recommend.

He kinda threaten to sue if we pull the plug but seems we might have a case due to misrepresentation. But I accepted the compensation he offer la. For my kid's sake, no choice coz we hv no where else to stay n they both like the house. No point fight over it coz its so tiring n scary to think we will be homeless.

I give up le la.. Whatever la.. Do what we can n try to be happy to move into the house.

The latest drama is he told us the truth. 17yrs ago suicide. 8yrs vacant. Erm.. Equally bad la. Looking for a FSM now so if any of u have pls recommend.

He kinda threaten to sue if we pull the plug but seems we might have a case due to misrepresentation. But I accepted the compensation he offer la. For my kid's sake, no choice coz we hv no where else to stay n they both like the house. No point fight over it coz its so tiring n scary to think we will be homeless.

I give up le la.. Whatever la.. Do what we can n try to be happy to move into the house.

Personal comments.

He found his "heart". His wife can rest in peace liao.

Once 1st appointment settled, transaction "confirmed". Even seller or buyer pass away prior 2nd appointment.

Keep in mind:"Heartless" worsts than "Homeless".

House audit usually lands to "no where", as time progresses, but only conflicts.

Similar to bz reading, "good ones" makes one sticking out neck, "wait" to appear, "bad ones" drags one for life. This is I called "backside itchy".

Observe, understand and apply rules, would blend one naturally into life. Control things within yr influence circle, meanwhile expand this circle.

Edited by bepgof

How about getting a buddhist monk to take a walk there?

Or get a pastor or priest to bless the house.... Try to think +vely.... I know it is not easy.

In my opinion, No one is at fault as far as the sale is concern. No seller will want to reveal the "secrets" as it would certain disadvantage them.

U can choose void the transaction.

Hmm.. I understand how you feel.

I think it is good to know the reason for the suicide, then find your regligious leader to bless your house.

It really helps, and it can mentally give you a peace of mind.

Everywhere has spirits.. can't avoid.

I'm a christian, whenever I felt something, I will pray in His name.

Peace came and I wasn't afraid after that.

Stay strong!!

I don't have 3rd eyes. But I offen feel and see "shadow" in my ex house. After consulted my shifu. Place a tua peck kong in the living room... No more seeing and feeling liao

人怕鬼三分,鬼怕人七分

Edited by popcornm3

What should I do?

Found out today the previous owner left the house vacant for last 20yrs n his wife jumped off the balcony.

He lied to us n his agent that he moved out a couple of years ago n rented the place out.

At a lost coz I'm totally not comfortable with this new information. I'm not saying that there are ghosts in there but I am scared n angry. Reno started after 1st appointment. Stuck with the house. Would appreciate some advice.

report the agent to CEA...agent does not know anything hard to believe...

anyway.. i met another neighbour and he told me he saw the body. and she jumped from the lift landing. BUT the house was vacant since it happened. He told me that for the years he has been here, he doesnt believe it is haunted and all and since we have been doing reno for about 2months already, everything seems smooth. moving day is this sat and sunday we are following the FSM's "enter the house ceremony" so hope from there on everything is good for us. tragedies happen i understand, maybe i really nv do enough homework b4 signing the papers but we are v relieved so far, there are no other major problems.

Hi Piggicia

I understand how you feel but I also understand where the seller is coming from. If he was to reveal the history, it might be impossible for him to sell the house. For selfish reasons, yes, but I guess he also needed to move on.

I'm saying this because 4 years ago, I bought a haunted flat. 4 years later, which was last year, I sold it away. If every seller was to be really honest about the negative history behind the flat, I think the resale property market may not be that vibrant anymore.

So when I sold the flat, I left it to the buyers to use their own intuition & gut feel to decide if the flat was right for them.

Hi Piggicia

I understand how you feel but I also understand where the seller is coming from. If he was to reveal the history, it might be impossible for him to sell the house. For selfish reasons, yes, but I guess he also needed to move on.

I'm saying this because 4 years ago, I bought a haunted flat. 4 years later, which was last year, I sold it away. If every seller was to be really honest about the negative history behind the flat, I think the resale property market may not be that vibrant anymore.

So when I sold the flat, I left it to the buyers to use their own intuition & gut feel to decide if the flat was right for them.

Care to share on the hauntings ? Did you do anything?

Care to share on the hauntings ? Did you do anything?

Hi Spikedoll

there were plenty of disturbances but I shall just share a few here. the haunting gets especially bad during ghost fest. as i have 2 dogs at home, one of them will wake up at around 2 or 3am every night during the whole month, grab a toy & start running round the house (as if playing with "someone") OR, I can wake up in the middle of the night to see one of my dogs staring blankly at me. I was really tired the whole month. During the first year, I brushed it off as a pure coincidence but it happened again during the 2nd & 3rd year. (4th year - i shifted out b4 the fest started as i couldn't take it anymore). The moment the fest ends, my dog stopped her activity immediately.

I got a Master from China to do a ritual(friend's recommendation). To my horror, I found out there was not one, but a handful. But the Master told me the spirits will return. Separately, I found out from my friend that my unit happened to be an interchange for spirits to cross over to the other side. So the ritual was rather useless in that sense, because even if the existing spirits were gotten rid off, others will come. I had no choice but to move out.

Edited by retchlow