Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
split84

Small House To Slightly Bigger House, From Little Saving To Alot Of Loans

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry to hear about your situation .. I understand that most ID/ contractors are very bz at this period of time coz all rushing for Handover before CNY. Hopefully your Contractor sort things out smoothly for you. Good luck

Edited by spikedoll

Wasn't very smooth seem to have a lot of unplanned work.. The contractor assured us that they will make gd the flooring and any damage they will compensate and do gd for us, hood and hob is damage they will also give us new one, water heater as well... He said everything should be almost ready by 11jan which was suppose to be my intended move in date and now I doubt I can move in time..

Contract mention I suppose to pay next payment only after carpentry work is up but now he was asking for advance payment becuz he said things was delayed due to holiday season which he should have known is peak season way before he take up my work and we sign the contract.. I'm under lotsa pressure as my hubby was angry with how things goes and I am the one coordinating these work.. My mil keep nagging said 便宜没好货.. Just hope things can tire out gd after he polish the parguet for me today..

Wasn't very smooth seem to have a lot of unplanned work.. The contractor assured us that they will make gd the flooring and any damage they will compensate and do gd for us, hood and hob is damage they will also give us new one, water heater as well... He said everything should be almost ready by 11jan which was suppose to be my intended move in date and now I doubt I can move in time..

Contract mention I suppose to pay next payment only after carpentry work is up but now he was asking for advance payment becuz he said things was delayed due to holiday season which he should have known is peak season way before he take up my work and we sign the contract.. I'm under lotsa pressure as my hubby was angry with how things goes and I am the one coordinating these work.. My mil keep nagging said 便宜没好货.. Just hope things can tire out gd after he polish the parguet for me today..

split84, understand its not easy to coordinate the renovation work. Gd that your contractor will compensate and make good for the damage item. For me, I will stand firm on my payment. If contractor want early payment, he should get the carpentry up this week then.. Take care. :yamseng:

Good luck to your reno........my advise is for you to follow closely on the reno and voice out firmly if not comfortable on any works not done properly.bumpy road ahead!

split84, understand its not easy to coordinate the renovation work. Gd that your contractor will compensate and make good for the damage item. For me, I will stand firm on my payment. If contractor want early payment, he should get the carpentry up this week then.. Take care. :yamseng:

I feel that I loose the bargaining power, I told the contractor I should follow the contract as it mention after carpentry..than he replied saying that if that's the case I wouldn't get my flat ready this week.. Felt threatened since I'm so in hurry to move in..

I feel that I loose the bargaining power, I told the contractor I should follow the contract as it mention after carpentry..than he replied saying that if that's the case I wouldn't get my flat ready this week.. Felt threatened since I'm so in hurry to move in..

How can the contractor say that? This is really too much... :furious:

Think this is the issue of engaging a contractor?

Is your contractor the boss? If that's so, really no one to complain to.

For my case, we engage an ID. If my ID cannot perform, we can always complain to his senior management.

U have any place to stay or when u need to move out of your current place? Any chance to delay moving out from your current place?

Once u give in to your contractor and loose bargaining power, then is very difficult to control the situation.

So sorry to hear your case sista. I suggest that u contact CASE and have a chat with them on how can they help u or at least get some

in sights on what are your legal rights and entitlement, in case the situation turns ugly.

But of course, whilst talking to CASE and understand what are your rights etc, day and time will still pass. And if u really need to

find a temporary place to stay because u have to move out and u cannot move into ur new place yet, drop me a pm. Cos my current rented

condo can do short-term like 1 month. PS: I am not property agent or whatsoever; just offering help to fellow forumer.

Ya. Sis, I agree with Batman's suggestion. You should go CASE to get advice and rope them in if need be to mediate and ensure that the contractor follow strictly to the terms of contract.

This contractor really too much to mention about not performing the renovations and carpentry up to date if you did not pay them the payment contrary to the contract agreement on terms of progression payment. In my recent reno experience, we pay 40% upfront b4 works start and the remaining 60% was paid up on completion. I took the risk for the 40% by paying upfront, my ID took the risk on the remaining 60% if I don't pay up. Eventually, we paid up after about 2 weeks of taking over to ensure that everything is in order. During these two weeks, minor touch ups here and there were performed. Have to admit that my wife quite picky de.

You really need to plan for contingencies too.

Today is the day to move and my house is still my completed.. Electrical partial done will complete by today hopefully, tiles a few hollow but hubby and I might not be changing..shower screen not done yet coming today, solid surface for toilet coming today, toilet pd door only can come one Monday...house not clean before I left the place at 10pm ytd.. Suppose to chem wash ytd but partial done..

Meeting my fsm at 930am to do those simple move house ceremony, he will have to come again aft Reno done to tell me how to pray and thanks for "smooth" Reno...

Today is the day to move and my house is still my completed.. Electrical partial done will complete by today hopefully, tiles a few hollow but hubby and I might not be changing..shower screen not done yet coming today, solid surface for toilet coming today, toilet pd door only can come one Monday...house not clean before I left the place at 10pm ytd.. Suppose to chem wash ytd but partial done..

Meeting my fsm at 930am to do those simple move house ceremony, he will have to come again aft Reno done to tell me how to pray and thanks for "smooth" Reno...

Seems like u have a very tight schedule .... Hope everything goes well.

You have the same floor plan as mine. I am also luck-out. 1st contractor kind of play up and after ending the saga episode, we engaged another contractor in end November. Due to this there is a delay in the entire renovation. Current contractor informed us that earliest he can hand us back the flat is mid-March *sigh*

Will watch out on your T-blog for your updates :-)

Best of luck to you.