Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Hmmm best to plan for contingency... I followed my the floor plan bought from HDB and to my horror some of the measurements are wrong! By some stroke of luck I decided to purchase a smaller sofa and space planning not much of a headache.

Btw, invest in a good sofa, whether or not you are getting from ikea :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmmm best to plan for contingency... I followed my the floor plan bought from HDB and to my horror some of the measurements are wrong! By some stroke of luck I decided to purchase a smaller sofa and space planning not much of a headache.

Btw, invest in a good sofa, whether or not you are getting from ikea :)

Ya, I've heard of stories whereby some stuff not reflected in floor plan suddenly "appear" during reno. Will plan accordingly.

Will wait till reno quotations come in first then decide about furniture. We prefer to spend the money on essentials like flooring, kitchen overhaul, combine current study with MBR etc. If reno cost too much, we don't mind getting a cheap sofa for the time being and invest in a good sofa at a later stage. Btw, the ikea sofa above is out of my shortlist, its comfort level is not up to my expectation. :bleah:

Our unit is around 7 years old. Plan to change kitchen sink and hood, but not sure if I should change hob as well. What do you guys think? :dunno:

If we build new kitchen counter and cabinets, is it possible to remove the hob and re-install it?

Ya, I've heard of stories whereby some stuff not reflected in floor plan suddenly "appear" during reno. Will plan accordingly.

Will wait till reno quotations come in first then decide about furniture. We prefer to spend the money on essentials like flooring, kitchen overhaul, combine current study with MBR etc. If reno cost too much, we don't mind getting a cheap sofa for the time being and invest in a good sofa at a later stage. Btw, the ikea sofa above is out of my shortlist, its comfort level is not up to my expectation. :bleah:

Our unit is around 7 years old. Plan to change kitchen sink and hood, but not sure if I should change hob as well. What do you guys think? :dunno:

If we build new kitchen counter and cabinets, is it possible to remove the hob and re-install it?

I think not necessary to change the hob. However, hob and hood usually come in package that you can get at a better deal. So, if you change the hood, might as well get the hob changed too... So that both looks new. Alternatively, you can just replace the filter in the hood. ;)

For sofa, I would be thinking of something less than 2k... Best if under 1.5k... So that I have every reason change every 3-4 years... Hee.... :notti:

I think not necessary to change the hob. However, hob and hood usually come in package that you can get at a better deal. So, if you change the hood, might as well get the hob changed too... So that both looks new. Alternatively, you can just replace the filter in the hood. ;)

For sofa, I would be thinking of something less than 2k... Best if under 1.5k... So that I have every reason change every 3-4 years... Hee.... :notti:

I'm lemming after the Rinnai inner flame hob :sport-smiley-004: What hob n hood did you buy?

You can reinstall cooker and hood after removing them. I would suggest that u change whatever u need, dont bother about the so-called "package" promotion that the retailers are giving you. I bought my tecno cooker and hood separately and I still have savings of >$50 from the fake "bundle rate". even the "undertable / boss don't around / only for you" rates given to me by the sales persons are rubbish, dont fall for them.

As long as your item size is standard, it is alright. But if u plan to use "chimmey-style" hood, then better to buy new and install now, since almost every chimmey is different. cooker really no issues, since they have standard sizes like 750, 800, 850.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been going around furniture shops to look for inspiration, but nothing remarkably striking so far.

Having said that, bought my first piece of furniture - a vintage teak wood coffee table! I know it's a tad early to buy now, but seeing it is so beautiful and affordable, decided to just grab first. Cos once you missed a vintage item, you never know when a similar piece will come along. :sport-smiley-004:

coffeetable.jpg

Also ordered two vintage thermo flasks from the US!

orangethermos.jpggreyredthermos.jpg

Anyone with those old school cutlery or deco pieces that you intend to throw away, can consider donating them to me! Hehe.

Hello nice floor plan and huge planter! Think your place wil turn out beautiful too =)

Thanks for your well wishes! Happy to see you drop by my t-blog, got lotsa inspiration from yours! :)

How's the sofa going for you, everything ok? It's on my sofa shortlist :sport-smiley-018:

Grafunkt/Air Division/Room of Woods all having discount now....should be a good time to go take a look. :) SPACE also..but I don't dare to walk in..haha

Hey thanks. I went Grafunkt already. Saw a nice bed but it's out of my budget :~