Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Check out my thread on the tiles selection. I think you can visit the tile shop first to get a gut feel of it.

We selected tiles from Soon Bee Huat, and the range of selection is quite good, just depend on the budget.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54770&st=0&p=763597entry763597

Actually if you just want standard modern looking tiles, $3psf should not be a problem. But if want more unique one, e.g. natural stone stone (slate, sandstone) or more nice textured surface, I think need to have budget like $4 above. The more expensive homogeneous tiles will not look so fake, color is better. For our case, we wanted a real pure white homogeneous tiles initially, also can't find one <=$3. Cheapest we can find is $3.5 and after GST $3.7. Out of budget, so we settle with one that not pure white (with hint of beige). So just some idea for you.

Thanks for your tips! Already decided to just change kitchen tile :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for your tips! Already decided to just change kitchen tile :)

great! :thumbs up: i think u shd keep the marble too, it's quite light in color with nice grains..u can consider more wood and rugs to bring out the look instead.. :P

great! :thumbs up: i think u shd keep the marble too, it's quite light in color with nice grains..u can consider more wood and rugs to bring out the look instead.. :P

Heh. Ya, most of my furniture are teak wood.. At least those in living and dining. Heh.

One contractor stated frosted glass door for kitchen cabinet although I told him I want laminated plywood door instead of glass door, and the price for this remains the same (it's a lump sum together with fabrication of cabinets). Anyone knows if frosted glass door is more expensive compared to laminated plywood door or something?

One contractor stated frosted glass door for kitchen cabinet although I told him I want laminated plywood door instead of glass door, and the price for this remains the same (it's a lump sum together with fabrication of cabinets). Anyone knows if frosted glass door is more expensive compared to laminated plywood door or something?

glass door might not be more ex than laminate as different laminate have different pricing. so, can't tell you for sure unless you know what kind of laminate that you are choosing.

glass door might not be more ex than laminate as different laminate have different pricing. so, can't tell you for sure unless you know what kind of laminate that you are choosing.

Thanks May_dream1... cos the contractor didn't change the cost of this part although I requested to change door from glass to plywood laminated...

Thermos from etsy. Vintage plates/cups etc from local collectors :)

Some of the local collectors charge really exorbitant prices for their "antiques"! But your collection must be lovely :)

Some of the local collectors charge really exorbitant prices for their "antiques"! But your collection must be lovely :)

Hmm... I don't think it's really that exorbitant lah. If you need contacts, you can PM me. I don't have a collection per se, but slowly buying stuff, hopefully can build up a collection :sport-smiley-018:

Went to look at mattresses today, it's a tiring process. Maybe it's me, but other than those which are immediate "not comfy", I can't tell much differences between various mattresses that felt "so so". Anyone who share the same sentiments?

Am a side sleeper so would prefer something that put less strain on my arm when i side sleeep. A sales person recommended me a mattress with memory foam topper. It felt the best among the ones I tried, though it didn't give those hotel bed-like wow feel. It's a malaysia brand and cost around $3k, which is one of the most expensive mattress among this brand! :dunno:

Edited by bleucheeze