Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have been thinking if I should get this String pocket shelf. I like its simplistic yet chic look, it's a tad pricey though, one set of 2 panels and 3 shelves cost US$121.

string05_zpsfa105ace.jpg

string03_zps1c602a46.jpg

Or this Ikea shelf that is going for $95?

ikeawallshelf_zps7c4e4d2c.jpg

One thing good about String is that you can move the shelves up and down according to your needs, but Ikea ones are fixed.

Plan to use the shelf in the dining area, right above my dining bench. Will most probably display food/cooking related decor pieces eg vintage thermos I collected!

Edited by bleucheeze

Have been thinking if I should get this String pocket shelf. I like its simplistic yet chic look, it's a tad pricey though, one set of 2 panels and 3 shelves cost US$121.

string05_zpsfa105ace.jpg

string03_zps1c602a46.jpg

One thing good about String is that you can move the shelves up and down according to your needs, but Ikea ones are fixed.

Plan to use the shelf in the dining area, right above my dining bench. Will most probably display food/cooking related decor pieces eg vintage thermos I collected!

We were considering the IKEA one too, but it was just too big and would make our kitchen look cluttered. I vote for the String shelf! :)

string05_zpsfa105ace.jpg

string03_zps1c602a46.jpg

The String pocket shelf is much nicer. If you go to Foundry, which has something similar but more extensive (bottom shelves available), it is even more ex.

string05_zpsfa105ace.jpg

string03_zps1c602a46.jpg

The String looks nicer than Ikea's and the price is not significantly higher. I like the fact it's adjustable. I'd choose the String!

Wet works finally started today! :sport-smiley-018: I thought nothing much to see when I pop by after work, but guess what, some of the 3D subway tiles are up already! :sport-smiley-004:

wet-work01_subway_SS_zpsccc16757.jpg

The hollow block to seal up the WIW from the walkway is up too.

wet-work01_WIW_SS_zpsde4729a2.jpg

Here's the view from inside WIW.

wet-work01_WIW2_SS_zps8efe578b.jpg

Looking forward to meeting Alan tomorrow morning to discuss about tiling. Haven't seen him in quite a while! :P

Very fulfilling day! :sport-smiley-003: Went Crestar and 3 laminate factories all in one morning! Then headed to Philips warehouse sales and Mayer one in the afternoon. Resisted buying Kitchenaid cos I still prefer mint green which is not available at the warehouse sale. My loots for today - 3 ceiling fans, 1 iron and 1 rice cooker! :dancingqueen:

We haven't met the carpenter yet but I thought it might be better to choose my preferred laminate first as some may affect my design of the cabinets. Took many laminate samples!

laminateassorted_zps92b19727.jpg

Now headache over my kitchen laminate selection... They don't have burnt orange so considering glossy orange. Should we go for two different orange tones - darker one on bottom cabinet and lighter one on top cabinet? Something like this:

IMG_1895_SS_zpsae74d57e.jpg