Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DVader

Em At Hougang Ave 7

wah...90k to move in :yamseng: nice....will be following ur progress closely as i will b getting my keys for my em next yr...currently getting quotes...i think can easily reach 80k incl. all hsehold app. can goes up to 100k :bangwall: must start buying toto every wk n hope for the best :bow:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wah...90k to move in :yamseng: nice....will be following ur progress closely as i will b getting my keys for my em next yr...currently getting quotes...i think can easily reach 80k incl. all hsehold app. can goes up to 100k :bangwall: must start buying toto every wk n hope for the best :bow:

I have a ID & I did my major overhaul for my EM at $75k. Inclusive 5 daikin units, heaters, sinks, toilet bowls, all LED downlights..

So maybe can use as a guideline. All the best! Going to move in next month.. :D

Edited by FatFatFamily

Goes to show that not all EMs ask for ridiculous prices - all it takes is a serious seller to meet a serious buyer and a deal can be done.

What you save on COV you can spend on renovation and that is something tangible. Good for you!

Truly agree!! 12k COV is really a good deal!

Spam chop !! Hehe

U really super Heng to get EM at low low COV !!!

yeah i was heng. my agent(a gd friend) told me mai tui liao... he even paid the 1k deposit for me when im still hesitating a another day. ;)

Goes to show that not all EMs ask for ridiculous prices - all it takes is a serious seller to meet a serious buyer and a deal can be done.

What you save on COV you can spend on renovation and that is something tangible. Good for you!

bro cleong, yeah. either pay higer COV and less reno or low COV with full revamp.

yes, coming right up.... :dribble:

I have a ID & I did my major overhaul for my EM at $75k. Inclusive 5 daikin units, heaters, sinks, toilet bowls, all LED downlights..

So maybe can use as a guideline. All the best! Going to move in next month.. :D

so you confirmed on your ID already? good luck. let me know if you need any help.

Truly agree!! 12k COV is really a good deal!

thanks, gd to be true. In fact after the recent news of the hougang st 21 EM COV at 200k, that abit overreacted.

ok carrying on with the progress....lets start on the main attractions

demolitionplan.jpg

demolition plan I've prepared for my demolition guys and glass contractor/PE

23oct147.jpg

after hacking....

23oct146.jpg

after hacking....

image6pn.jpg

got the inspiration from this image. another EM done this before....

comes the full story,

i ended up hacking the wall down but re-erect the wall back due to miscommuncation between my hacker(Mr H) and the guy (Mr P) who applied the permit(his job is only applying of permit to HDB)

Mr P who applies for the hacking permit requested for the PE endorsement and plans for the wall hacking and provision of 12mm tempered glass panel.

so i ask from my glass contractor to provide and pass to Mr P together with others plans 6 days later.

Mr P called Mr H directly, the permit is approved.

Mr H starts the hacking and completed within 3days.

1 week later, i've met up with him to discuss as another PE endorsed plan was rejected by HDB.

Mr P was shocked the 2 walls being hacked down without seeking written approval from HDB.

Mr P mentioned that this was already rejected once and HDB requested to add horizontal guardrail across the glass panels.

PE says no need as BCA regulation if it is more that a certain height(cant rem) than will need.

i said this was not mentioned to me and you told Mr H to proceed. Mr P said no matter what this has to be erected back and wait for approval again. so i told the both of them I'm not gonna pay for this. so they ended up sharing the cost.

if its not becos im running out of time, i would have continue playing the waiting game with HDB. so just re-erect back the wall.

PS both Mr H and Mr P knows one another thru my carpenter(main con).

wow, i'm so anticipating how your place will turn out.

bold idea to have see through glass for the 2 bedroom; kind of no privacy (of cos you can add curtain behind..

2nd attraction....

being checking of the internet, major reno forums like renotalk(before i was a member) 2months before renovation starts.

so everywhere was like saying no cannot be done, HDB will not approve blah blah blah.

pardon me if someone actually did this to their EM.

well, seeing is believing....my balcony skylight

23oct153.jpg

hollow core steel member left

23oct152.jpg

hollow core steel member right

editing my post, just finish my project meeting.

well this skylight approval, ding dong at least a few times until HDB TO buay tahan.

Mr P mentioned that dont waste time on this, it will never be approved, well at least i try.

1st submission rejected, missing and wrong forms from the PE(10days waiting)

2nd submission rejected, requested for PE calculation and detail shop drawing. file to big to be scan into their database(10 days waiting)

3rd submission, i cant wait liao so i personally send down to the TO hard copy by hand. called him everyday on the outcome. 5days later, approved.

Mr P, "congrats to you, you are the first person i know who got this approved."

Edited by DVader

wow, i'm so anticipating how your place will turn out.

bold idea to have see through glass for the 2 bedroom; kind of no privacy (of cos you can add curtain behind..

well koxxic, it didnt happen. if i have enough time, i sure play till the end with HDB. their TO are really siao on or they are trying to do less work on their end, with proper documentation and endorsement, nothing is cannot be done.

yes suppose to be added with motorised roller blinds.

tiling works...(tiles are from hafary) Didnt take more pictures of the progress as my own work being piling up for that last 2 weeks.

well, here it is some of it.

23oct166.jpg

staircase on homo tiles.

23oct162.jpg

common toilet tiles

23oct161.jpg

common toilet tiles

23oct164.jpg

MBR toilet tiles (wife likes black so.....)

23oct163.jpg

my water heater. 007....

Wow...is this something like the glass roof top?

How much it cost you to do this as I am planning to do this too as compared to install a roller shutter.

2nd attraction....

being checking of the internet, major reno forums like renotalk(before i was a member) 2months before renovation starts.

so everywhere was like saying no cannot be done, HDB will not approve blah blah blah.

pardon me if someone actually did this to their EM.

well, seeing is believing....my balcony skylight

23oct153.jpg

hollow core steel member left

23oct152.jpg

hollow core steel member right

editing my post, just finish my project meeting.

well this skylight approval, ding dong at least a few times until HDB TO buay tahan.

Mr P mentioned that dont waste time on this, it will never be approved, well at least i try.

1st submission rejected, missing and wrong forms from the PE(10days waiting)

2nd submission rejected, requested for PE calculation and detail shop drawing. file to big to be scan into their database(10 days waiting)

3rd submission, i cant wait liao so i personally send down to the TO hard copy by hand. called him everyday on the outcome. 5days later, approved.

Mr P, "congrats to you, you are the first person i know who got this approved."

Wow...is this something like the glass roof top?

How much it cost you to do this as I am planning to do this too as compared to install a roller shutter.

Hi Rick, roller shutter? or is it awning u mean?

cost of the skylight is 6.5k, using 12mm laminated tempered glass.

Hi,

I mean roller shutter. I have those GEN 2 EM balcony where some owner built a roof top while some leave them open.

Which company u use to install this skylight and do we need a PE?

just curious ...on how to clean and maintain ?