Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DVader

Em At Hougang Ave 7

Decided to start this T-blog since i got feedback from my friends that i should share this.

it all started after my daughter(3yrs old) told me one day.... Pa, i like uncle adrian's house(my best friend staying landed) becos got staircase. we are always at my friend's house gathering with all our other friend's childrens. so another friend of mine was also in the property line told me to no harm finding since my punggol flat just reach 5yrs, it was also a dream of mine to owing one.

anyway lets cut this short;

viewing of EMs in March,April - Sengkang/bedok/hougang

Saw EM in Hougang Ave 7, 2nd floor. no owner but with agent and power of attorney Mr A.

house is vacant becos owner use to rent out to indian expat(family of 4). house is very very run down, you will know what i mean when i post the pics

Day 1, Mr A ask for 20k COV

Day 2, my agent neg for 10k.

Day 3, Mr A ask for 15k best price

Day 4, my agent told him best for both, 12,888k ai lai mai swar.

Day 5 Mr A closed the deal.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

images before renovation.

23oct084.jpg

this kitchen cabinet is made of brick and tiles.....

23oct074.jpg

walkway to the living hall...

23oct075.jpg

the balcony.... bring back some memories of my grandma place. lookalike balcony.

23oct060.jpg

master bedroom....with the vintage wardrobe. comes with free stickers on it.

23oct063.jpg

MBR toilet. this condition applies to the common toilet outside on the 2nd floor as well.

Edited by DVader

Congrats on getting your EM, $12K COV sound good as nowadays all asking for sky price.

Heard EM not building and now COV shld be up again, luckily you have bought urs.

more...

23oct088.jpg

first floor wash area. PS: not a toilet for a first gen EM....

its for your washing machine or hand washing of clothes.

23oct073.jpg

staircase with really vintage handrail....

23oct081.jpg

sealed up kitchen opening with brick by previous owner(where the child pram is)

23oct080.jpg

altenative opening to the kitchen. they also remove the utility room.

as i am also in the renovation industry(building not home),we did not engage any ID company for this renovation.

in fact we spent most of our time reading home reno related magazines, surfing the internet looking for idea which is to our liking.

reno cost - 90k, inclusive of electrical appliances like fridge, TV with BR player. new beds.

FSM - $500.

You must be all excited to see your home slowly transformed to one you have been planning carefully in your mind. All the best!

BTW, 12.8k COV is a very good price for an EM.

Great, another EM transformation :good:

Wow...super worth it COV...can spend more on reno...but u into reno yet the price so high at 90k....then it will cost more for pple like us not in this line :jawdrop:

summersan, yeah thanks.

MamaO & benauhc, indeed low COV for an EM, i was lucky as the the couple are in the mist of divorcing, therefore they need to sell the house.

so my agent told since COV is low, we can do a major revamp with our remaining cash on hand, everything will be new.

deviansyh, full revamp for my EM, from structural to M&E....total 6weeks.

renovation permit was applied thru a frd of my carpenter. this is to start the hacking or noisy works, 4 days.

rest was done without any permit.

23oct136.jpg

ashley's room

23oct137.jpg

Anakin's room, boy still young so it my comp room for the time being :rolleyes:

23oct144.jpg

new opening for my kitchen which based on the same current floorplan.

23oct160.jpg

erecting back the wall for my utility room. wife wants it.... :dunno:

Great, another EM transformation :good:

Wow...super worth it COV...can spend more on reno...but u into reno yet the price so high at 90k....then it will cost more for pple like us not in this line :jawdrop:

onn,

i will come into detail why it was high.... :bangwall:

but this 90k includes TV, furnitures,beds, sofa, dining tables, kitchen appliances, FSM and lastly monk prayers....

monk prayers is my wife's intention. she just wants a piece of mind to this new home.

onn,

i will come into detail why it was high.... :bangwall:

but this 90k includes TV, furnitures,beds, sofa, dining tables, kitchen appliances, FSM and lastly monk prayers....

monk prayers is my wife's intention. she just wants a piece of mind to this new home.

Hi, Dvader. Welcome to Hougang. Good deal for an EM. Agreed that your 90K with all the appliances are reasonable. I am also currently doing an overhaul at my EM and with the furnitures and fixtures. My overhaul costs me six digit sum.

But looking forward to everything brand new. The price to pay lor...

Hi, Dvader. Welcome to Hougang. Good deal for an EM. Agreed that your 90K with all the appliances are reasonable. I am also currently doing an overhaul at my EM and with the furnitures and fixtures. My overhaul costs me six digit sum.

But looking forward to everything brand new. The price to pay lor...

ken, yeah, its the price to pay. it may help to fetch a higher price in the near future. where u located at?

Goes to show that not all EMs ask for ridiculous prices - all it takes is a serious seller to meet a serious buyer and a deal can be done.

What you save on COV you can spend on renovation and that is something tangible. Good for you!