Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Hi all forummers,

Decide to start this blog to share my renovation journey. Hope to learn something & exchange ideas with all. :dancingqueen:

Background:

Initially my wifey and I were looking for 4rm @ Queenstown, Bukit Merah and Clementi. Budget not more than $650K. We viewed many units but either the COV was very high, low floor, face MRT track (noisy) or 4 'improved' model where there is no attached toilet. (p/s: wifey insist on attached toilet).

Then one fine day, I saw that the paper adv an EM @ Bukit Batok asking $30K COV. Wah.. EM asking $30K nia? :dribble: Tan Simi? :rolleyes: Mai Tu liao! I immediately arrange for viewing that afternoon. During the viewing, I told myself.. Wah.. This EM Buay Pai leh.. high floor, North-South facing, no evening sun, next to corner, approx 8mins walk to MRT, marble flooring @ level one & parquet flooring for staircase (can save some $$ for renovation), no trace of it being an "ah long" house, coffeeshop & shops just 1 min away.. After viewing, I ask my wifey if she like the unit? She say ok lor. I told her, if we can purchase at $610K, we are paying $388psf (area 146sqm, 1571sqft) for unit that is walking distance to MRT. It's a STEAL! :dancingqueen:

We arrange for 2nd viewing with our parents the next day & signed the OTP that nite. Purchase price is $610K regardless the new valuation. We request to redo the valuation as the old valuation is expiring soon. New valuation $598K, $12K COV. Woohoo! :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats on the low COV. Means more $ for reno? :)

Thanx adidaem. As we are getting bank loan, $42,000 (5% of valuation + $12K) is used for the purchase. Plus renovation, furniture and electrical appliance.. Our saving all empty liao. :bangwall:

Thanx adidaem. As we are getting bank loan, $42,000 (5% of valuation + $12K) is used for the purchase. Plus renovation, furniture and electrical appliance.. Our saving all empty liao. :bangwall:

Saving empty still can save. HappyAng? Hokkien = happy husband??

Hi all forummers,

Decide to start this blog to share my renovation journey. Hope to learn something & exchange ideas with all. :dancingqueen:

Background:

Initially my wifey and I were looking for 4rm @ Queenstown, Bukit Merah and Clementi. Budget not more than $650K. We viewed many units but either the COV was very high, low floor, face MRT track (noisy) or 4 'improved' model where there is no attached toilet. (p/s: wifey insist on attached toilet).

Then one fine day, I saw that the paper adv an EM @ Bukit Batok asking $30K COV. Wah.. EM asking $30K nia? :dribble: Tan Simi? :rolleyes: Mai Tu liao! I immediately arrange for viewing that afternoon. During the viewing, I told myself.. Wah.. This EM Buay Pai leh.. high floor, North-South facing, no evening sun, next to corner, approx 8mins walk to MRT, marble flooring @ level one & parquet flooring for staircase (can save some $$ for renovation), no trace of it being an "ah long" house, coffeeshop & shops just 1 min away.. After viewing, I ask my wifey if she like the unit? She say ok lor. I told her, if we can purchase at $610K, we are paying $388psf (area 146sqm, 1571sqft) for unit that is walking distance to MRT. It's a STEAL! :dancingqueen:

We arrange for 2nd viewing with our parents the next day & signed the OTP that nite. Purchase price is $610K regardless the new valuation. We request to redo the valuation as the old valuation is expiring soon. New valuation $598K, $12K COV. Woohoo! :good:

Nice! Another EM owner! :D

Have fun with the renovation process!

Selection of partner to do our project..

"Orlin Cute" - when we told this lady ID we want to renovate our EM, she immediate say EM owner very rich, renovation cost must standby $70K - $80K. We went through the discussion, wanted to see the price guide to fully renovated an EM base on our requirement. One week later, come back with the quotation.. Wah.. Her knife very sharp, design nothing special, but price already $70K! Notice a lot of things did not quote, cannot imagine if include in the quote, will be a six-figure renovation. :jawdrop: She push us to sign the contract by giving us a less than $100 discount. Thanx lor. Got give mahjiam never give. We asked for quotation to bring back consider, she say only give quotation after signing contract. Swah.. Really wish to invite her go Marina Barrage.. Fly kite!

"Paste & Leaving" - @ IMM. Wah.. This ID also very Tok Gong. Have many ideas to do up your dream house, can immediately sketch out the some design. Seems very busy, call a few time then arrange to meet up. 2nd meeting, went there WITHOUT quotation, discuss what? Again, sketch some design, show us some premium material and tell us he can do it within $50K. Promise us he will email us the quotation and drawing, but till today, my spam mail also don't have his quotation. 8| Waste time! Emm.. maybe our budget too low for him to consider ba..

"Bend Dsign" - @ AMK. Introduce by a friend. Waited one solid month for meeting the designer ONLY. :bow: During our 1st meeting, 1st thing he tell us, "Please don't introduce people to me liao, we are very busy! Your case is the last reno project I am taking" Wah.. This guy got style hor.. Quite a friendly guy, but very very busy. Promise that will do a good job and quality work for our project. Waited another solid month for the quotation, follow up with few SMS, finally quotation is ready. :bow: Run through the quotation, price a bit steep but quite a detailed quotation. Asked him to re-quote a few item and work towards our budget. Under consider list! Despite waited two months for the quotation. Guess gonna wait again..

"Noff Where" - Quite a hardworking young man. Quotation ready in a week with space planning drawing. Design not bad, can also meet our budget. But call him a few time, he is always in Malaysia. Concerning if we engage him, got issue wanna find him, gonna wait for him to clear custom.

"Wait-Can" - Initial quotation close to $70K. Design also not bad, but seems a lot of hidden cost. Scare.. Scare..

Selection of partner to do our project..

"Orlin Cute" - when we told this lady ID we want to renovate our EM, she immediate say EM owner very rich, renovation cost must standby $70K - $80K. We went through the discussion, wanted to see the price guide to fully renovated an EM base on our requirement. One week later, come back with the quotation.. Wah.. Her knife very sharp, design nothing special, but price already $70K! Notice a lot of things did not quote, cannot imagine if include in the quote, will be a six-figure renovation. :jawdrop: She push us to sign the contract by giving us a less than $100 discount. Thanx lor. Got give mahjiam never give. We asked for quotation to bring back consider, she say only give quotation after signing contract. Swah.. Really wish to invite her go Marina Barrage.. Fly kite!

"Paste & Leaving" - @ IMM. Wah.. This ID also very Tok Gong. Have many ideas to do up your dream house, can immediately sketch out the some design. Seems very busy, call a few time then arrange to meet up. 2nd meeting, went there WITHOUT quotation, discuss what? Again, sketch some design, show us some premium material and tell us he can do it within $50K. Promise us he will email us the quotation and drawing, but till today, my spam mail also don't have his quotation. 8| Waste time! Emm.. maybe our budget too low for him to consider ba..

"Bend Dsign" - @ AMK. Introduce by a friend. Waited one solid month for meeting the designer ONLY. :bow: During our 1st meeting, 1st thing he tell us, "Please don't introduce people to me liao, we are very busy! Your case is the last reno project I am taking" Wah.. This guy got style hor.. Quite a friendly guy, but very very busy. Promise that will do a good job and quality work for our project. Waited another solid month for the quotation, follow up with few SMS, finally quotation is ready. :bow: Run through the quotation, price a bit steep but quite a detailed quotation. Asked him to re-quote a few item and work towards our budget. Under consider list! Despite waited two months for the quotation. Guess gonna wait again..

"Noff Where" - Quite a hardworking young man. Quotation ready in a week with space planning drawing. Design not bad, can also meet our budget. But call him a few time, he is always in Malaysia. Concerning if we engage him, got issue wanna find him, gonna wait for him to clear custom.

"Wait-Can" - Initial quotation close to $70K. Design also not bad, but seems a lot of hidden cost. Scare.. Scare..

Your nicknames for these designers are hilarious!

All the best with the selection! :)

Wifey and I decide to get a back up plan, incase Bend Dsign never come back with the revise quotation.

We contact this ID, realise that he is also famous in Renotalk. Call him & meet him the next day at his one of his job site to view his workmanship. Talk to him our requirement and he promise will get back to us in one week. Price reasonable, very sincere and responsible guy. After a few meeting with him and revised the quotation to meet our budget, we decide to choose him as our partner for our reno project. Looking forward for the transformation.. :yamseng:

As for the Bend Design, MIA liao, never come back with revised quotation.. Heng ah.. we get back up plan, else.. gonna wait until dunno when.. Anyway, thanx for those ID who have quote or entertained us.. :lol: