Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Sorry. I mean the wall on the left side of the photo.

photo11_zpse8ccad52.jpg

LayoutPlan.jpg

You mean the wall that has the metal towel rack in your picture? Are you only hacking part of it? Because if you hack the whole thing, it will lead you to the master bedroom bathroom right?

From your floorplan, it looks like you enlarged the master bedroom's bathroom to create a bigger vanity! Interesting :) If that's the case, then yeah, I guess there won't be space anywhere else for you to have a bigger vanity in the common bathroom upstairs, except for that space below the sink. If you want, you could buy something off the shelf and place it along the wall on the other side of the toilet bowl? Or if you need more storage, you can consider having mirrored cabinets on the wall above the sink?

Just throwing out random ideas. Quite noob :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

My FS master just sent me the space layout.

Almost everything change upside down direction for me.... :bangwall:

Did anyone of you heard before it's not advisable to have TV in bedroom?

Hi,

Yup, heard from a friend who's into fengshui or something. It apparently sends out radioactive signals (or something like that) and therefore disrupts sleep. Think even radio and whatever isn't adviced too.

I don't believe in these things so, *shrug*.

woah!! congrats! I'm also excited for you! :dribble: the condition of your house looks good. Marble flooring somemore :dribble::dribble:

Have a smooth reno journey ! :sport-smiley-018:

Thanx spikedoll. Unfortunately, we have to hack off the marble and replace with homogeneous tiles. Found too many crack lines and holes on the marble! :jawdrop: Spoken to seller, he says previous when he purchased from the first seller already crack. They did not do anything, just use carpet to cover it till now. :bow:

You mean the wall that has the metal towel rack in your picture? Are you only hacking part of it? Because if you hack the whole thing, it will lead you to the master bedroom bathroom right?

From your floorplan, it looks like you enlarged the master bedroom's bathroom to create a bigger vanity! Interesting :) If that's the case, then yeah, I guess there won't be space anywhere else for you to have a bigger vanity in the common bathroom upstairs, except for that space below the sink. If you want, you could buy something off the shelf and place it along the wall on the other side of the toilet bowl? Or if you need more storage, you can consider having mirrored cabinets on the wall above the sink?

Just throwing out random ideas. Quite noob :P

We going to hack the wall (with metal towel rack as shown in the photo) and erect a wall extend out by about 350mm. With this construction, I can have move space between my shower screen and vanity in the master toilet. :good: The entrance of my common toilet will be narrower by 350mm. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

Can I ask if your FSM advice to convert common bedroom to master bedroom? I notice quite a few EM owner was advice to convert the bedroom nearer to the common toilet to master and the initial master bedroom to common. Even, my friend who is a FSM also advice me to convert. But, we decide to not to convert and remain the same layout.

Any maisonette owner did shift the position of the toilet bowl (at 2nd level common toilet)? Was thinking to shift 100-200mm to the right so that we can have a bigger area for our vanity.

photo11_zpse8ccad52.jpg

Just check with HDB officer today. Cannot shift the position of the toilet bowl. :(

Well, kind of expected. No choice gonna think of other solution ba..

We going to hack the wall (with metal towel rack as shown in the photo) and erect a wall extend out by about 350mm. With this construction, I can have move space between my shower screen and vanity in the master toilet. :good: The entrance of my common toilet will be narrower by 350mm. Sorry for the confusion.

Your master bathroom sounds like it's going to look interesting! Show pictures when it's shaping up! :D

No lor.. The master never say swap room.

Only say no Tv in bedroom and give us the bed position.

Awkward position as beside the toilet. Haha.

U mean when sleep sideway can see the toilet? Maybe u want to do some partition to block the vision? So no TV for u in your master?

Your master bathroom sounds like it's going to look interesting! Show pictures when it's shaping up! :D

Ok! :sport-smiley-004:

We will be changing the layout of the 2 toilets at upper floor coz the common toilet is much bigger than MBR toilet. Initially ID suggest we shift the toilet bowl but later the idea was scrapped. After reading that changing the location of toilet bowl will not be approved I think better play safe.

We will be changing the layout of the 2 toilets at upper floor coz the common toilet is much bigger than MBR toilet. Initially ID suggest we shift the toilet bowl but later the idea was scrapped. After reading that changing the location of toilet bowl will not be approved I think better play safe.

U may want to call 1800 2255432 (HDB branch office) to check if your unit can change location? Officers are concern on the waterproofing when do a relocation.

Today morning 7 early 8 early went up for a simple 动土 ritual, then follow by hacking and removal of the cabinet and wardrobe. Pending for HDB officer to approve on the demolition of the wall at the kitchen and master toilet.

Edited by HappyAng

Today morning 7 early 8 early went up for a simple 动土 ritual, then follow by hacking and removal of the cabinet and wardrobe. Pending for HDB officer to approve on the demolition of the wall at the kitchen and master toilet.

Hi HappyAng

Did you submit before you collect key or after? We are quite worried it may take v long coz we be collecting key a week before CNY and our ID only can start work 19th onward. That means 2 weeks+ wasted.

We have gotten indemnity form signed by seller, not yet submitted.

Happy renovation! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi HappyAng

Did you submit before you collect key or after? We are quite worried it may take v long coz we be collecting key a week before CNY and our ID only can start work 19th onward. That means 2 weeks+ wasted.

We have gotten indemnity form signed by seller, not yet submitted.

We collect the keys on 03/01/13 and ID apply permit on the same day. Hacking of floor and wall tile approved on 07/01/13, now only pending on demolition of wall. HDB officer say will follow up with the engineer and hope to approve by Fri.

If your completion on 05/02/13, think normal hacking should not take too long to approve. Unless u are doing some renovation which engineer needs more time to consider the safety or waterproofing issue.