Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Super nice!

Woah!! Progressing very smoothly and fast ! Good!

Thanx jsll & spikedoll. :yamseng:

After 25 days of renovation...

photo74_zpsed265f6a.jpg

Our small utility room. About 4.7 sqm nia... space just enough for a super single bed and a small wardrobe. Will leave it empty and will be maid's room if needed in future.

photo73_zps0474cfda.jpg

Seatee in our master toilet. For my wifey to sit and do her body scrub.. :bath:

photo69_zpsb658213a.jpg

Shelving at common toilet. Hmm... abit small.. :unsure:

Love the marble effect tiles :dancingqueen: The only negative part is the small vanity beside the WC (not in this picture). :bangwall:

photo71_zps5cec3bad.jpg

4" U channel is embedded into the cement with steel wire to hold the wall well. 12mm laminated tempered glass will sit into the U channel. I super kiasu, even request to dig a groove on the wall and floor (to insert U channel) at the 2nd level for better secure of the laminated glass. :sport-smiley-003:

photo72_zpsc39864f8.jpg

We will change the opening direction of the main door. Wanted to do a dressing table (just outside the toilet), hmm... the depth space looks a bit too small to do dressing table leh.. :bangwall: Any smart ideas to share? Thanx in advance.. :yamseng:

Edited by HappyAng

Nice progress!

On the dressing table, I guess you can squeeze one next to the bathroom, but it'll be a bit squeezey if someone else walks in and out of the bathroom. Or you can affix a full length mirror on one of the sliding doors of your wardrobe and treat that as a dressing table mirror. Her make-up kit and all can be stored on a table next to the window.

After 22 days of renovation...

photo61_zps793242d4.jpg

hi, learnt a lot from your reno process.thanks!

Do you think the 90cm wood tiles at the balcony will look even better if it's laid adjacent to the balcony windows instead of pendicular?

Reason I suggest this is because of the short length of the balcony (approx 2m)

due to the short lenght of the area, the beauty of the 90cm tiles is not fully displayed because you can only lay 2 to 3 tiles pendicularly.

not sure whether you get what i mean. :P

Edited by texas5

Nice progress!

On the dressing table, I guess you can squeeze one next to the bathroom, but it'll be a bit squeezey if someone else walks in and out of the bathroom. Or you can affix a full length mirror on one of the sliding doors of your wardrobe and treat that as a dressing table mirror. Her make-up kit and all can be stored on a table next to the window.

Thanx benauhc. Will discuss with ID any possible solution to do a dressing table (out the left entrance of the toilet) and not blocking the way..

After 22 days of renovation...

photo61_zps793242d4.jpg

hi, learnt a lot from your reno process.thanks!

Do you think the 90cm wood tiles at the balcony will look even better if it's laid adjacent to the balcony windows instead of pendicular?

Reason I suggest this is because of the short length of the balcony (approx 2m)

due to the short lenght of the area, the beauty of the 90cm tiles is not fully displayed because you can only lay 2 to 3 tiles pendicularly.

not sure whether you get what i mean. :P

Thanx texas5. Glad that u have learnt from my reno progress. We share experience and information here.. Tiler did place the tiles parallel to the windows, visually looks wider but narrower wor. So ID suggested to place it perpendicular.. By the way, u are doing your renovation now?

hi happyang, my first appt is in March. I also promised to let seller stay 2 more months after the 2nd appt. so still a long way to go.

If you didnt mention, i probably wouldn't realise first flr toilet has no ventilation :)

Murphy's Law (Anything that can go wrong will go wrong)

Sigh.. human really cannot praise early lor.. 8|

photo60_zps989c4431.jpg

New erected wall at the entrance of common toilet was not perpendicular to the entrance of the door. Above photo was not that obvious before the wall tiles are fully up.

photo86_zpseabb8454.jpg

Notice the different now? I used my slipper as a reference guide. Photo was taken from inside.

photo88_zpsfee9cbca.jpg

(1st tile from entrance) Distance from the wall to the edge of the tile, 325mm.

photo89_zpsaa5de370.jpg

(3rd tile from entrance) Distance from the wall to the edge of the tile, 365mm. 40mm difference! :jawdrop::bow:8|:no:

photo90_zps593de02d.jpg

The wall have also affect my vanity at master toilet (back to back, both toilet share the same wall)...

Meet ID today on site to discuss this PHENOMENON... Was shock that tiler didn't notice it at all! 8|

ID stand outside the common toilet and looked at the floor, only thing he tell me... He will get it rectify!

Swee! This is what I want to hear.. :good:

When things are not right, just solve the problem! No point cover here cover there or try to smoke us...

Lesson learnt...

When there is an erection of wall, DON'T ASSUME! See for yourself. The earlier u notice, the faster to rectify... :yamseng:

After sharing the phenomenon, here are some photo to share...

After 27 days of renovation...

photo84_zps6d8d6fd0.jpg

Photo of the 1st level toilet. Will be doing glass sliding door instead of swing door so that can have more space inside the tiny toilet. We also request to built a tile shelve for the toiletries.

photo85_zps6b88de9b.jpg

Notice there is a gradient washing machine base? ID request to do another base for the pipe (will be doing a boxed-up). So that can open the door easily and prevent the box-up door to get wet easily as the washing machining drain point is just near by.

photo81_zpsf05bcb2f.jpg

Stairway...

photo82_zps61bc3c2c.jpg

Aiyo, tiny area for the vanity at common toilet.

photo83_zps90c20abf.jpg

Gradient for common toilet shower area...

so far only that wall have problem lah?

Hi HappyAng , how's the progress so far? Updates :P

Share more photos leh :)

Hi May_dream1, spikedoll and potatoes, gong xi fa cai!

Worker since 05/02/13 收工 till yesterday leh. :dunno: ID told me today tiler start work le.. Hmm.. Maybe today is 吉日 to hack the toilet wall ba.. :sport-smiley-004: Will post more photos and updates.

Btw, we engage Hong Tar to install the aircon.

We use Mitsubishi ​M/N: MXY3A28VA/MSYGE10VA x 2/MSYGE13 c/w stainless steel bracket @ $3150.

Hong Tar supply and install the airconditioners with G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to ½ thick Class O thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit and Class 1 black rubber insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit, Singapore Keystone cable, 16mm pvc pipe and pvc trunking.

Though the price is not he cheapest, but the review of their workmanship is good. :good: 一分钱一分货

Edited by HappyAng

Worker since 05/02/13 收工 till yesterday leh. :dunno: ID told me today tiler start work le.. Hmm.. Maybe today is 吉日 to hack the toilet wall ba.. :sport-smiley-004: Will post more photos and updates.

We use Mitsubishi ​M/N: MXY3A28VA/MSYGE10VA x 2/MSYGE13 c/w stainless steel bracket @ $3150.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! which mitsubishi? Mitsubishi electric or heavy industries?

Hi Happy Any,

How's Hong Tar's workmanship? I am also looking for aircon guys now.

Btw, are you using System 3 only?

Thanks.

Hong Tar supply and install the airconditioners with G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to ½ thick Class O thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit and Class 1 black rubber insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit, Singapore Keystone cable, 16mm pvc pipe and pvc trunking.

Though the price is not he cheapest, but the review of their workmanship is good. :good: 一分钱一分货

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! which mitsubishi? Mitsubishi electric or heavy industries?

Mitsubishi electric. Hong Tar provide free sizing, 11940 BTU for master & 8530 BTU common, which Mitsubishi heavy industries cannot support.

Hi Happy Any,

How's Hong Tar's workmanship? I am also looking for aircon guys now.

Btw, are you using System 3 only?

Thanks.

Hong Tar will be installing this week. Will update on the workmanship. Yes, we are only using system 3 for our 3 bedrooms. Level one no aircon.