Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Hi HappyAng,

Yes. Other than Heritage, there is a shop, Universsal Union also not bad. but i see that you already committed on the essential sanitary wares and sort. got time then go see look look loh. lol. a pic of floor trap as attached. enjoy your sunday!

20130113_1123302_zps4eac5fca.jpg

Wow! Nice floor trap. Thanx bro!

Will check it out if pass by there.. Enjoy your Sunday too. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi HappyAng,

Yes. Other than Heritage, there is a shop, Universsal Union also not bad. but i see that you already committed on the essential sanitary wares and sort. got time then go see look look loh. lol. a pic of floor trap as attached. enjoy your sunday!

20130113_1123302_zps4eac5fca.jpg

wah, Bro KenLui,

First time I see this type of trap, nice sharing :good:

thanks

wah, Bro KenLui,

First time I see this type of trap, nice sharing :good:

thanks

Hi jetlee724,

Thanks, actually, there are some forum members who also used this. Read somewhere here. ID asked want swee bo when selecting the mixers sanitary ware and what sort. We say we want. He advised us to buy this. Think this installed by tilers. Not too sure. Must check up.

If you want must check up when your workers install to fit the schedule of your renovation.

All the Best for your renovation journey.

Bro HappyAng

Got time can also look out to buy bathroom accessories, toilet paper holders, bathe robe hooks, towel hooks etc.

Then also must decide locations and then get your ID to install. Homogeneous tiles need special drill bits and skills.

Btw, if time permits. You check checkup taobao. Since the accessories no need complicating assembling and compliane to standards or sort. Can help to cur down costs.

:)

Two cents.

Edited by KenLui

Bro HappyAng

Got time can also look out to buy bathroom accessories, toilet paper holders, bathe robe hooks, towel hooks etc.

Then also must decide locations and then get your ID to install. Homogeneous tiles need special drill bits and skills.

Btw, if time permits. You check checkup taobao. Since the accessories no need complicating assembling and compliane to standards or sort. Can help to cur down costs.

:)

Two cents.

Bro KenLui,nice info. Thanx for sharing. :thumbs up:

After four days of hacking...

photo22_zps11f39f2d.jpg

photo21_zps2d8c83c9.jpg

photo17_zps2bf6bd1b.jpg

We request to hack a hole for ventilation at level one toilet.

photo13_zpse1741946.jpg

View from master toilet. The two holes (think the worker hack abit too big liao) are to build shelving for toiletries. Have also demolished the wall between master and common (on the right side of the photo) to extend the area for our vanity.

photo15_zps8b498e75.jpg

View from common toilet

After four days of hacking...

photo17_zps2bf6bd1b.jpg

We request to hack a hole for ventilation at level one toilet.

Coincidentally, today the ID called to let us know that the window maker suggested we have louvred frosted glass panes instead of a single frosted glass panel on top of the bathroom door for level 1's bathroom. He suggested it for ventilation purposes! It was only then that we thought about it and realized the bathroom on the first floor doesn't have a window. You are much wiser than us :D

Coincidentally, today the ID called to let us know that the window maker suggested we have louvred frosted glass panes instead of a single frosted glass panel on top of the bathroom door for level 1's bathroom. He suggested it for ventilation purposes! It was only then that we thought about it and realized the bathroom on the first floor doesn't have a window. You are much wiser than us :D

Think many EM level one toilet has no ventilation window.. Since we have a toilet bowl and shower point inside the toilet, ventilation is very important. When shower, hot steam cannot go out, or when doing big business, Wah... Power ah if without ventilation. But, we never do any window panel for the hole. Firstly, if u realise, the length (long the window) for hanging the bamboo pole for the laundry (if you dry indoor), is quite short. So the hole for ventilation also act as the access for the bamboo pole. Secondly, the opening is not too big, so no point do a window panel.

Edited by HappyAng

Think many EM level one toilet has no ventilation window.. Since we have a toilet bowl and shower point inside the toilet, ventilation is very important. When shower, hot steam cannot go out, or when doing big business, Wah... Power ah if without ventilation. But, we never do any window panel for the hole. Firstly, if u realise, the length (long the window) for hanging the bamboo pole for the laundry (if you dry indoor), is quite short. So the hole for ventilation also act as the access for the bamboo pole. Secondly, the opening is not too big, so no point do a window panel.

Interesting! So you're going to hang the poles parallel to the window outside the first floor bathroom?

We're planning to hang our poles perpendicular to the window, so I guess we didn't think of the length for hanging indoors (parallel to the window). But you're quite right! I see it now that you've mentioned it. Good idea for your house! :)

Our ventilation opening is going to be quite big (I think), so I guess that's why it can fit the louvred panes. But if it's going to be an opening, then yah, no need to do window panel.

More pictures of the process please! :)

Interesting! So you're going to hang the poles parallel to the window outside the first floor bathroom?

We're planning to hang our poles perpendicular to the window, so I guess we didn't think of the length for hanging indoors (parallel to the window). But you're quite right! I see it now that you've mentioned it. Good idea for your house! :)

Our ventilation opening is going to be quite big (I think), so I guess that's why it can fit the louvred panes. But if it's going to be an opening, then yah, no need to do window panel.

More pictures of the process please! :)

Yes. Hanging poles parallel to the window outside level one toilet during raining day. Will post more photo when tiles are up.. :yamseng:

Called opennet today, realise that my place will only schedule to install around Apr to Jul 2013.

The help desk staff advice me to lay the trunking and inform contractor to put a cable inside. So when the technician come install, they can make use of the cable to guide the fibre cable from entrance to our desire point w/o having extra trunking install. Just to share, hope it helps.. :thumbs up:

After 9 days of renovation...

photo24_zps80b2db0a.jpg

Hole for ventilation (level one toilet)

* Ignore the old bamboo hanger

photo26_zpse22413f7.jpg

Entrance to our kitchen. Will be doing sliding door.

photo23_zpsda924a19.jpg

Reconstruct back the utility room

Fengshui tips on kitchen:

Read from some books and also 高人指点.. Just to share., for your reference only. :D

1) Stove should not face kitchen entrance or main door as this represents loss of wealth and unstable luck.

2) Stove should not be facing the fridge or toilet door as this represent difficult to accumulating wealth, poor health and argument.

3) The flooring of the kitchen should be lower than the living room. From the kitchen to the living room, the steps must be higher as it symbolise 步步高升.

4) Shelving below stove (represent 火); (upper level) must be porcelain (represent 土); (lower level) follow by metal ware, represent 金

Bro Ang,

Congrats on ur new home n wish u a smooth reno man!

U can check my t-blog for chio floor trap.. confirm MUCH LESS than $50.. hehe

Bro Ang,

Congrats on ur new home n wish u a smooth reno man!

U can check my t-blog for chio floor trap.. confirm MUCH LESS than $50.. hehe

Thanx bro Batman.

U got your floor trap from China huh? Wondering is it easy to open the cover?