Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

After 42 days of renovation...

Photo147_zps0a23ac12.jpg

This pipe come from level one kitchen area. It is advisable to cover the pipe as it link directly to your kitchen where ur kitchen cabinet are there.

photo142_zps26e95923.jpg

False ceiling and cove lighting for master bedroom. Aircon piping is cover behind the partition board. :dancingqueen:

photo144_zpsd81431f8.jpg

TV feature wall using partition board. Its a good way to cover the uneven wall. :sport-smiley-004:

The big hole is for mounting console to the wall.

photo146_zps46b3289b.jpg

Boxed-up pipe and false ceiling in master toilet. :bath: Understand from the worker, they are using waterproof partition board for toilet.

photo145_zpse6372747.jpg

Balcony view. Boxed up the drain pipe and old TV antenna. We also use partiton board to cover the roof tiles, leave only the wooden plank explose. We will leave the bricks wall (below the window) as it is and paint it white.

Edited by HappyAng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I can already visualize how swee your house will look like !!! :dribble:

looks like your reno gonna complete soon..

due to the CNY period, we wasted 2 weeks coz we collected our keys just before CNY..now quite worried our reno can't complete in time..we have to handover keys to our buyer in early April ;);)

You are the same spikedoll from MCF?

Oopsie..you are not the only one I come across here who are from MCF :D

I can already visualize how swee your house will look like !!! :dribble:

looks like your reno gonna complete soon..

due to the CNY period, we wasted 2 weeks coz we collected our keys just before CNY..now quite worried our reno can't complete in time..we have to handover keys to our buyer in early April ;);)

Ha..ha.. Our renovation dun have those wow effect, unlike many forummers here. ID told me about mid Apr then can handover key to us wor.. Wah.. U better push ur ID abit le.. Gd luck! :yamseng:

Ha..ha.. Our renovation dun have those wow effect, unlike many forummers here. ID told me about mid Apr then can handover key to us wor.. Wah.. U better push ur ID abit le.. Gd luck! :yamseng:

I think those who made their home with the "wow" factors will find it pretty hard to maintain the "wowness" in the long run... I can imagine it to be really a chore and very few strive to keep it in prime condition...

To me a house should just be comfortable and not overly done... A house should be a home and not a showroom...

I'm sure there are more...

So starting your reno blog soon?

I have ! " EM for a lazy couple and a dog"

So have you got your unit? We viewed a few EM in tampines last time as well. There are some premium EM with unique layout and looks spacious. Blk 800+ also not bad near many amenities

I have ! " EM for a lazy couple and a dog"

So have you got your unit? We viewed a few EM in tampines last time as well. There are some premium EM with unique layout and looks spacious. Blk 800+ also not bad near many amenities

No lah not yet... Now collecting ideas only... Anyway not many people selling over there leh and the last few who posted have COVs that makes you go "wah lau or wah biang"...

St Hilda's Primary is now at their temporary holding site along New Upper Changi Road and they will be there till end 2014... My in-law's place is just about a 5 min walk away so no point moving now...

Hi typhoonz, hope you find your ideal house when the time comes !

My ID said due to the new policy of increased foreign worker levy, Reno cost gonna goes up again

Juxstapose

Think won't affect you since you already locked in your quote Liao right?

Ya we will see price of most items going up again .. Since most biz using foreign workers as well

spikedoll, sorry for the delay.. :P

After 47 days of renovation...

Partition and false ceiling are done, tomorrow ID will asked them to come touch up some areas.

This week will be painting, measuring of carpentry work, laminate flooring and glass work. :dancingqueen:

48656786-fd34-4c9f-9613-a88ddf695631_zpsfce3d726.jpg

* old photo

We will be having a vanity (drawn red) and the hand spray is too near the vanity. Understand its a norm for plumber to locate the hand spray point at the right side of the toilet bowl. ID will ask plumber to relocate to the left, so that easy to take the hand spray and vanity will not get wet easily.

photo142_zps26e95923.jpg

Notice the hole at the ceiling area. It is for opening of the fan coil panel during maintenance. After checking with Hong Tar the height of the fan coil and minimum distance required, we can seal of the hole so that it looks nicer. :dancingqueen:

photo3_zps5f24ba3c.jpg

Both bedrooms with false ceiling and cove light.

photo2_zps65d3c6d2.jpg

Boxed-up in master toilet. aircon trunking and piping are been boxed-up.

photo5_zpsd020c0d7.jpg

Our 1st Taobao order. Philips downlight. Quality is good, but have not tested the light. We are expecting more delivery coming in this week and next week. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi typhoonz, hope you find your ideal house when the time comes !

My ID said due to the new policy of increased foreign worker levy, Reno cost gonna goes up again

Aiyah all these are just excuses... The levy never go up also they say raw materials prices have increased, shortage of workers, blah blah blah...

To me a house should just be comfortable and not overly done... A house should be a home and not a showroom...

Wow I just heard the same words from my cousin "Ahouse should be a home ...".