Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

After 28 days of renovation... (exclude 2 weeks CNY hoilday)

photo92_zpsaf1b3c08.jpg

The slanted wall is hacked! :dancingqueen: View from common toilet.

photo91_zps476d0009.jpg

New hollow block wall is built. View from master toilet.

photo94_zps96d1b988.jpg

A mock-up of the glass railing. Notice the amount of hollow blocks required to construct back the wall. Only one tiler is doing the job, so he has to carry the hollow block to 2nd floor toilet.

photo93_zps84864666.jpg

View from 2nd level.

photo95_zpse7160abf.jpg

Another view. Tiler will create the groove on the floor for the U channel to sit in and wall for extra support.. :sport-smiley-003:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mitsubishi electric. Hong Tar provide free sizing, 11940 BTU for master & 8530 BTU common, which Mitsubishi heavy industries cannot support.

MHI cannot support? i am using MHI with 18000BTU in living room, 12000BTU in master bedroom and 9000BTU in common room. also system 3

MHI cannot support? i am using MHI with 18000BTU in living room, 12000BTU in master bedroom and 9000BTU in common room. also system 3

Err.. Hmm.. I can't remember why MHI cannot support wor.. Sometime like if on three units together, the master bedroom will take a much longer time to cool the room.. I did ask another few aircon contractors, they also tell me this leh.. Paiseh..paiseh.. I not aircon expert..

Err.. Hmm.. I can't remember why MHI cannot support wor.. Sometime like if on three units together, the master bedroom will take a much longer time to cool the room.. I did ask another few aircon contractors, they also tell me this leh.. Paiseh..paiseh.. I not aircon expert..

hmmm.... mine is ok for far. :dunno:

After 30days of renovation...

Today Hong Tar's worker came to install the aircon piping, take the opportunity to ask the installer, to learn from them and share it here... :sport-smiley-018:

HappyAng: Tou Sho, how come your cable is orange cable?

Tou Sho: We use Singapore Keystone cable which is higher quality.

(I was told by the sales, Hong Tar specially order orange colour to differentiate from other company)

HappyAng: Tou Sho, how to prevent sweating from happening?

Tou Sho: U can minimize by setting temperature below 25 deg and fan set at medium or high.

HappyAng: Tou Sho, the sales told me base on my configuration, how come MHI cannot support leh?

Tou Sho: Mitsubishi Electric starting amp is higher than MHI.

Disclaimer: I am not staff or sales of Hong Tar and Mitsubish Electrici.

I am not an aircon expert, but I went to many company to ask which brand is most suitable for my usage as I am very worried of sweating or leaking.

As for Hong Tar's workmanship, I cannot comment at the moment as now only run piping nia... But their malaysian worker advice me on the shortest route to minimize too many trunking but not compromise to water draining. :thumbs up: Thanx to my ID of suggesting various way to minimize too many expose trunking. :dancingqueen:

photo100_zpsec1b214a.jpg

View at bedroom 3. Tou Sho suggest to do a whole trunking below the beam so that it looks nicer.

photo99_zpsf2e43948.jpg

Pipe from bedroom 3 going to bedroom 2. Thus bedroom 2 do not see any trunking.

photo101_zps851cf8d8.jpg

View at bedroom 2. Ignore the old hole on the left. Purposely offset the fan coil position so that cold air will not blow directly at our face.

photo102_zps19330871.jpg

View at master bedroom. Will be doing wardrobe to hide the trunking, but with internal able to access to the trunking.

photo98_zpsf056577f.jpg

Trunking run into the master toilet to the other two bedrooms, the vertical trunking is the drain pipe to the master toilet. Specially request to put at one corner so that is less noticeable.

Edited by HappyAng

After 34 days of renovation...

photo105_zpsaca41eb7.jpg

Wall has reconstructed. Space on top is to sit the storage heater.

photo109_zps5f6d7b67.jpg

Laminated tempered glass will sit into the groove on the floor and wall.

Do take note: To have a minimum 1000mm safety height for the glass railig.

e2896022-ef87-4e60-ad7d-5ca486c61e2c_zpsc1b6ec55.jpg

Piping in the kitchen is mainly cover inside the cabinet. Water pipe links to 2nd level common toilet through the hole at the kitchen.

photo110_zpsf0e5ef42.jpg

Piping in common toilet is link from the hole on the right side of the photo.

photo107_zps83040155.jpg

Signs of minor water leaking (wet floor after one day of pipe installation). Notice a small water droplets at the union.

Note: Remind ID / contractor to ask plumber to install a ball valve on each outlet.

This is to insolate individual supply without affect your whole water supply system.

photo112_zpsb11bf577.jpg

Piping at master toilet. Notice the piping at the right side of the photo? The pipe will link to level one toilet.

photo113_zpsfebb3cf9.jpg

Piping will hide under vanity. Notice two pipings are for mixer tap.

photo114_zpsb33a9753.jpg

Level one toilet.

photo111_zpsb675eff6.jpg

Wahlau!! After discussed with my ID on ways to hide most piping inside cabinet and vanity, the plumber still insist of his way of running pipe despite ID's advice. 8| 8| 8|

See these ugly piping at common toilet! Totally not acceptable!! :jawdrop:

ID was very piss off, told the plumber to remove the piping and follow as told! After plumber removed the wrong piping, ID gonna ask tiler to do up the damage tiles then plumber gonna re-run the piping. Waste time and also ID gonna reorder the tiles..

I wish the time fast forward so I can move in soon! Reading your blog makes me feel so paisay that we are not so into details like you! Check with you, did you ask the tiler to mix cement color for the groutings?

Wahlau!! After discussed with my ID on ways to hide most piping inside cabinet and vanity, the plumber still insist of his way of running pipe despite ID's advice. 8| 8| 8|

See these ugly piping at common toilet! Totally not acceptable!! :jawdrop:

ID was very piss off, told the plumber to remove the piping and follow as told! After plumber removed the wrong piping, ID gonna ask tiler to do up the damage tiles then plumber gonna re-run the piping. Waste time and also ID gonna reorder the tiles..

aiyoh, waste money too leh cos got to reorder tiles and get tiler to redo. why the plumber so stubborn?

I wish the time fast forward so I can move in soon! Reading your blog makes me feel so paisay that we are not so into details like you! Check with you, did you ask the tiler to mix cement color for the groutings?

No need to paiseh lah.. We just share information here & help each other. Yes, tiler will mix the cement colour for the grouting.

aiyoh, waste money too leh cos got to reorder tiles and get tiler to redo. why the plumber so stubborn?

Yalor, waste everybody time & ID gonna spend money to buy extra tiles & pay tiler too. Hope plumber get the job done ASAP.

Murphys Law again ??

Really dunno how to say about the plumber? :furious:8|:bow::jawdrop:

photo111_zpsb675eff6.jpg

Original photo (two days ago...)

Notice the piping is running all over the shower area, which is not what we want. ID asked plumber to come down to rectify. ID also marked out clearly what to remove and change. And what happen??

photo118_zps433425ec.jpg

Today @ 4pm photo...

Meet ID today to discuss about the partition work at the same time look at the rework. First thing I get into the common toilet, I told ID can ask plumber to come again le. Why?

1) Whole floor is wet!! (The photo I took at 4pm before the plumber came, morning was even worst!! I forgot to take photo)

2) I notice a leaking sound in the toilet..

3) Removed wrong pipe..

I looked at the pipe to find leaking. The I saw one joint, can REALLY see water gushing out from the union!! :furious: (x10)

Wahlau eh... Meaning the water has been gushing out from the union since yesterday afternoon lor. The plumber didnt notice meh? Faint!! :bow:

I have to shut off the ball valve to stop further gushing. Bro plumber, please help save precious water leh...

photo117_zpsf999fd4e.jpg

Today photo @ 5pm...

Yes, this is what we want.

I wasted whole day on site. Since ID has left, bopian wait for the plumber and tell him the correct layout. Really that difficult to understand meh?

Waste everybody's time and money (to replace over 10 damage tiles, precious water and labour cost)

photo120_zps7c822b26.jpg

View from the master toilet

Edited by HappyAng

After 36 days of renovation...

photo116_zps98d5b95b.jpg

The pipe link to the storage heater. Will be doing false ceiling to cover the piping.

photo115_zpsd95035b0.jpg

Electrical wiring at the kitchen

photo122_zpsd01c79bf.jpg

Electrical wiring at master bedroom

photo119_zps9e439681.jpg

Alu frame for the false ceiling

Edited by HappyAng

I dont mean to speak on the plumber's behalf but any reason why he cant understand what you want?

It seems to be totally glaring mishaps. The kind where you have to question the way instructions are passed down the line to him or he could be totally non plussed.

Anyway good luck with the reno mate

Congrats on your Bt Batok EM. You're so so lucky to get it at such a bargain COV. I just bought a EM at Bt Batok too, but its at the Central and my COV was $60K. :o

Nice to see progress pics of your reno going well - except for the plumber part. Maybe instructions not properly conveyed or else, he just want to chop-chop get your job done then off to next project. Can't wait to see more pics of your reno. Learning much from you and the other members here. :D