Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

For lights, I have seen alot in local lighting shops which are available on Taobao as well, which are at a fraction of the price. Taobao also has more varieties. Hehehe

Worried about the hassle should the items arrived defective or even damaged.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For LED downlight, my saving is about 25% as I choose the seller with many good review. :dancingqueen: Their price is RMB$10 higher than other seller, but the finishing and packaging really good. I have not tested the light, so cannot comment on the light quality yet. Will post review when the lights are tested.

If u don't mind other MIC LED light, the price can be much lower than Philips.. :sport-smiley-004:

My dining light Philips Ledino, saving approx 60% :dribble:

Balcony & master toilet light, at least a 50% saving if we bought it locally. If u have enough time, go via sea shipment. Some items we go via economy air shipment, the freight charges + daigou's agent fee is more than the item price. :jawdrop:

Wow in total you can save almost 50% as compared to buying at those Balestier lighting shops...

Worried about the hassle should the items arrived defective or even damaged.

True! Initially, we also worry bot the defective and damaged items. So our 1st batch, we try order a few items. I spend many nights read the review and shortlist the seller. So far the goods that we received all are very good quality. Price is slightly higher to some other seller.

Wow in total you can save almost 50% as compared to buying at those Balestier lighting shops...

Yes. But it's good that u read the reviews of seller or ask those for the link who have ordered from Taobao. Hope it helps. Good luck! :yamseng:

Good that your Taobao hoots arrived in good condition!!!

I'm waiting for my first Taobao purchase now.. Still swimming somewhere in big sea on the way to sg hehhee

After 57 days of renovation...

Finally after last week of not much activities, today finally saw the other carpenter come on-site measurement le.. :sport-smiley-004: But... why take sooooooooo long to come huh? :furious:

Hmm... think outside business really too good and busy le. ID cannot even advice an estimated date when carpentry work can be ready wor... :jawdrop:

ID only can tell me will handover by 10 Apr latest. Well.. Looking forward to the handover date... :dancingqueen:

photo14_zps3ef3418d.jpg

Kronotex Laminate. Top up additional for selecting Kronotex (Made in Germany).. Notice the second level laminate is to the edge? No extra kerb to support the glass railing as the glass is sit inside the groove and wall.

Initially wanted to do without the joining strips. But sales person keep emphasize its for heat expansion.. :bangwall:

So bopian, better listen to expert lor... :dunno:

Just being curious, I ask the sales person... Why if level one do laminate, no joining strips required. No expansion issue on level one meh? Also similar big area mah... :bleah:

photo13_zpsf163ac3b.jpg

Master bedroom. Painting is done for whole house. Touch up will required after carpentry is up. Door is yet to switch the opening direction...

photo11_zps6e65d604.jpg

Whole place still very messy, see the bins of paint lying around. :paint:

Hmm... glass door installation still not here yet... Hope the glass work will up by this week. :dunno:

Was told that glass door installation will come next week. Why? Why? Why keep delaying huh? 8|

photo18_zpsa1cb4ad0.jpg

Any bro or sis using Kronotex laminate flooring?

Wondering how come the gap at the edge of the door frame so big (use black silicon to seal the gap nia)? Thought at least they will extend the skirting more to the frame to cover the gap? :dunno:

Have u encounter this problem and any solutions to this? Able to post some photo to show? Thanx in advance. :thumbs up:

Happy, I kana a lot of these gaps too....the guy just put putty to seal the gap. Quite unslightly imo.

Mine's from Evorich though.

Thanx tessina for sharing. Really quite ugly to see should a big gap hor? Hope Kronotex salesperson can give us a solution.

Was told that glass door installation will come next week. Why? Why? Why keep delaying huh? 8|

photo18_zpsa1cb4ad0.jpg

Any bro or sis using Kronotex laminate flooring?

Wondering how come the gap at the edge of the door frame so big (use black silicon to seal the gap nia)? Thought at least they will extend the skirting more to the frame to cover the gap? :dunno:

Have u encounter this problem and any solutions to this? Able to post some photo to show? Thanx in advance. :thumbs up:

Can tell the Kronotex people to do something about it... Mine was covered swee swee...

Thanx tessina for sharing. Really quite ugly to see should a big gap hor? Hope Kronotex salesperson can give us a solution.

Perhaps you can go to the extent of telling of telling them to replace the entire piece... It seems to me its measured short and they are trying to get away with it...

How is your laminate floor? Did the Kronotex fella tell you why the gap is so big? I used to hv laminate flooring by Pergo, and had a gaps at that area too for expansion. but I don't remember the gap being so obvious. Hope they can rectify for you. :o

Can tell the Kronotex people to do something about it... Mine was covered swee swee...

I have already inform ID, he say that Kronotex person will come to touch up later before handover.

How is your laminate floor? Did the Kronotex fella tell you why the gap is so big? I used to hv laminate flooring by Pergo, and had a gaps at that area too for expansion. but I don't remember the gap being so obvious. Hope they can rectify for you. :o

I know the gap is for expansion (which I read in their installation manual), but at least they should have solution to cover such big gap hor? My current house using Supreme, they extend the skirting closer to the edge of the door frame to cover the gap. Well.. Let's see how Kronotex person close up the gap ba..

Update...

Today my toilet accessories from Poh Joo delivered to our house. Waiting for the plumber to install.

Wei..wei.. Mr plumber, PLEASE be more careful and dun make further more mistake hor??

Today glass sub-con FINALLY came to install three toilets door.. Waited more than a week.. sigh.. but out of the three glass door, one suppose to be sliding door, two swing door, end up become all swing door. I told glass sub-con to verify with ID as this is not what I have communicate with ID.

Kaoz! Lucky I was there to notice the swing door, if not, once the swing door is installed, extra work need to remove and some wall tiles will have replaced. Hmm.. Hope it's not MURPHY'S law again lor.. :bangwall: