Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Look on the brighter side, it might mean they got more time to be detailed. For us our, handing over is quite tight plus CNY period. Hence, we were very focused on getting a contractor who can commit to our requirements. If not, will b sleeping on the streets with my dog :sport-smiley-003: your reno is progressing well. Can't wait to see more beautiful pics.

Thanx Berlinbear. Ur house really got the wow factor! :dribble:

Ha...Ha... realize that we started our renovation earlier than u, but our renovation still haven't complete lor, job keep delaying leh.. :bangwall:

Updates...Err.. Hmm... same as 28th Mar... :dunno:

ID told us plumber and aluminum grills sub-con will up on Sat (which is yesterday), and yesterday I specially come up to take a look to ensure that Mr plumber don't leave leaking union or taps UNAWARE...

But... neither plumber nor aluminum grills sub-con were there yesterday... :furious: ID told me tomorrow plumber and aluminum grills sub-con will come. Anyway... ID told us 10th Apr can handover to us... :dancingqueen: Counting down... :drunk:

photo26_zpsb6c5aec0.jpg

Today I brought the lightings for the electrician to install this week... Hmm...hope this week I can see my lights are up then I can post review of the lights which I bought from Taobao.. :sport-smiley-004:

photo25_zps4f93fae7.jpg

I love the look of your breakfast and bar counter! thumbsup.gif

Thanx kooky. It will look more complete when the granite top is up. :yamseng:

your kitchen is looking good! :)

Thanx summersann. Hope my wifey with love the tiffany blue glass backing. :sport-smiley-004: I love ur kitchen too, big and spacious! :dribble:

Look on the brighter side, it might mean they got more time to be detailed. For us our, handing over is quite tight plus CNY period. Hence, we were very focused on getting a contractor who can commit to our requirements. If not, will b sleeping on the streets with my dog :sport-smiley-003: your reno is progressing well. Can't wait to see more beautiful pics.

Bro Berlinbear, I hope so that the sub-con can have more time to the details too.. Well... I am counting down to the handover next week. 10th Apr.. :dancingqueen: Jiayou everyone... Xin Ku le.. :good:

After 71 days of renovation...

photo45_zps840305b6.jpg

Aluminum grills are up. We keep the brick wall white, painter is doing an undercoat..

photo42_zpsc1565f12.jpg

Small toilet in level one. Glass sliding door will slot between the wall on the left and the basin. I decide to use sliding door instead of swing door because the space too small. If use swing door, very limited space for user to close the swing door.

photo43_zps8db05d8a.jpg

Entrance view of our mini toilet. Change the Elmark standard shower head to Grohe... Hide the toilet paper holder in one small corner to minimise water splashing during bathing since the toilet is so small lor. :bath:

photo37_zps7734b7c4.jpg

Drawer under staircase... Idea origin from summersann... :dancingqueen: We modify a little to suit our usage. Thanx summersann. :yamseng:

photo40_zpsdef88b10.jpg

Custom-make altar to match with the ready-make TV console and coffee table. ID will help to modify the ready-make TV console to sit in the feature wall mahjiam custom-make... :sport-smiley-004: Hmm... will show u the photo when done. This custom-make altar also hide the uneven wall at the staircase area.

photo41_zpsbee5ebb4.jpg

Wardrobe at bedroom 2. We top-up the difference to get internal all polygon for all the wardrobe. Top-up amount is enough for us to customize TWO x 5ft study table for both bedrooms wor... :jawdrop:

photo38_zps811b37ab.jpg

Wardrobe at bedroom 3.

photo39_zps71969cb6.jpg

Wardrobe at master bedroom. Special request to do two doors so that it looks more neat and grand. :dribble: Saw the aircon trunking at the top of the wardrobe? I request carpenter to do an access panel inside the wardrobe. Incase of any sweating, leaking able to access the trunking... Bopian... Better to kiasu / kiasi.. :notti:

Edited by HappyAng

Your Grohe rain shower is looking good. Love your idea for the little hideaway for your water heater. And the hole in wall idea for putting bath & shower items is good. Learning so much. If you don't mind, can borrow some of your ideas for my Reno?

Love the staircase drawer storage too. When I saw summersann's idea, I asked my contractor and he said can do. But will be super expensive. Between $800-$1K. I scrapped the idea. Did your staircase storage cost this much?

Your Grohe rain shower is looking good. Love your idea for the little hideaway for your water heater. And the hole in wall idea for putting bath & shower items is good. Learning so much. If you don't mind, can borrow some of your ideas for my Reno?

Love the staircase drawer storage too. When I saw summersann's idea, I asked my contractor and he said can do. But will be super expensive. Between $800-$1K. I scrapped the idea. Did your staircase storage cost this much?

Hi 3Dyms, sure why not? Feel free to get the ideas and perhaps improve on it to suit ur usage. We share ideas here and hope everybody benefits. :dancingqueen: The staircase drawer storage is around the price. My initial was casement, but I change to drawer after getting the idea from summersann's blog. But discuss with ID and carpenter and we modify slightly to suit our usage.

Hi 3Dyms, sure why not? Feel free to get the ideas and perhaps improve on it to suit ur usage. We share ideas here and hope everybody benefits. :dancingqueen: The staircase drawer storage is around the price. My initial was casement, but I change to drawer after getting the idea from summersann's blog. But discuss with ID and carpenter and we modify slightly to suit our usage.

Thanks HappyAng. Hhmm... If around that price, then I'll KIV first. Cos my carpentry is already costing loads. Though I feel this idea is superb in maximizing space usage under the stairs and will be easy to retrieve barangs. :good:

Thanx summersann. Hope my wifey with love the tiffany blue glass backing. :sport-smiley-004: I love ur kitchen too, big and spacious! :dribble:

photo37_zps7734b7c4.jpg

Drawer under staircase... Idea origin from summersann... :dancingqueen: We modify a little to suit our usage. Thanx summersann. :yamseng:

I'm sure she will like it! You did it with her in mind, that's good enough reason to like it :D

No need to thank me for the drawer under staircase! Ideas are meant to be shared. Glad that it was of use to you :D Why is your staircase so short though! Interesting looking :D We're totally loving our staircase storage because it's so convenient. Don't have to keep digging in for stuff that we need because we can just pull out the drawer. Hope you love yours too! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by summersann

I'm sure she will like it! You did it with her in mind, that's good enough reason to like it :D

No need to thank me for the drawer under staircase! Ideas are meant to be shared. Glad that it was of use to you :D Why is your staircase so short though! Interesting looking :D We're totally loving our staircase storage because it's so convenient. Don't have to keep digging in for stuff that we need because we can just pull out the drawer. Hope you love yours too! :sport-smiley-004:

Hmm... I look at both our floor plan, the length is 2250mm, same leh.. Yalor, ur storage looks longer in length hor? :unsure:

After 72 days of renovation...

photo57_zpsa40946e9.jpg

View of our drawer under the staircase. Since we can only have 600mm depth for the drawer, ID suggest to do another shelve to maximize the space. ID also use Blum soft closing system for the drawer as he worried the weight might be too heavy.

photo49_zpsc2d57ec6.jpg

The glass sub-con gonna redo one of the tempered laminated glass due to some error in dimension. Target by Mon (08 Apr) will be ready. Sample of the round handgrip for the glass railing. Wifey worried that our finger prints on the glass railing.

photo53_zps954916b6.jpg

Shoe rack. Mainly for my wifey's shoe... :sport-smiley-004:

photo55_zps7cef8bd6.jpg

Wifey's dressing table. :paint: Hope wifey will love the dressing table I design for her. :sport-smiley-004: Due to the space constraint, the width of the dressing is around 300mm only. Cannot do drawer, only can lift the table top for additional storage.

photo58_zpsfd2198d2.jpg

This is how we concealed some switches inside the carpentry work.

photo51_zps74d2c0f2.jpg

Installation of the glass sliding door for the kitchen. Aluminum cover will install on Mon to cover the two aluminum piece holding the sliding door.

photo56_zps7e56f43e.jpg

View from dining area. :dancingqueen:

photo50_zps7ec7d5f5.jpg

Our frosted tempered glass door for toilets. :good:

photo47_zps61385f96.jpg

View of the sliding door at the lever one toilet.

Tomorrow the lights will be up le... Hope the downlights and the lights we purchase from Taobao will be working fine. :good:

I like your toilet leh! Thinking back I should ask the tiler do more holes in the wall hahaha

5 more days to the BIG DAY!

Mind to take a bigger photo of common toilet glass door lock/latch?

Ok. Will go the a closer photo when I go there..

I like your toilet leh! Thinking back I should ask the tiler do more holes in the wall hahaha

5 more days to the BIG DAY!

Yeah! 5 more days!! :dancingqueen: