Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

I dont mean to speak on the plumber's behalf but any reason why he cant understand what you want?

It seems to be totally glaring mishaps. The kind where you have to question the way instructions are passed down the line to him or he could be totally non plussed.

Anyway good luck with the reno mate

Hi iwantto, I also find it amazing why plumber cannot understand what ID have told him and even do marking on it. Even the marking instruction are in Chinese (which plumber understand) plus drawing wor. The thing that I cannot accept is water gushing! As a plumber, how can u allow water gushing without notice? Or maybe the water take awhile to gush out? Well.. At least the problem is rectify le.. :yamseng:

Some thing to share for those who is doing renovation.. To check for water leaking in your piping, better to go down one day later after the installation. If there are signs of water stain on the floor or wall, check the area nearby for leaking. Hope it helps. :thumbs up:

Congrats on your Bt Batok EM. You're so so lucky to get it at such a bargain COV. I just bought a EM at Bt Batok too, but its at the Central and my COV was $60K. :o

Nice to see progress pics of your reno going well - except for the plumber part. Maybe instructions not properly conveyed or else, he just want to chop-chop get your job done then off to next project. Can't wait to see more pics of your reno. Learning much from you and the other members here. :D

Thanx 3Dyms. Congrats on ur purchase too.

Wow! B.Batok central $700K++ wor! Don't mind can ask how much u bought? When u start your renovation?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanx 3Dyms. Congrats on ur purchase too.

Wow! B.Batok central $700K++ wor! Don't mind can ask how much u bought? When u start your renovation?

Thanks. I got my EM for $708k valuation + $60k COV. My first appointment is on 16 April. So think earliest my Reno can start will be end of May. I really hope am able to complete and move in before the7th month. :)

Happy Ang, may I know what brand are you getting for your storage heater? And how many liters? Is it only for second floor? I read alot good reviews for joven not sure if should go for it. Sales guy told me 25L is sufficient for us..

Thanks. I got my EM for $708k valuation + $60k COV. My first appointment is on 16 April. So think earliest my Reno can start will be end of May. I really hope am able to complete and move in before the7th month. :)

Wow! $768K is a lot of money wor. But ur location is very convenient. Hmm.. If u & ur seller can achieve a six week completion, a two months renovation period should be quite sufficient. Will u be doing major renovation? To save time, it's good to get the permit paper standby, best if ur seller willing to sign indemnity form for ur renovation.

Happy Ang, may I know what brand are you getting for your storage heater? And how many liters? Is it only for second floor? I read alot good reviews for joven not sure if should go for it. Sales guy told me 25L is sufficient for us..

Hi spikedoll, how's ur progress of ur house? Post more photo le.. :sport-smiley-004:

I use Joven 35 litre - JH35 horizontal model (so that can zhun zhun sit inside the space at the entrance of my common toilet). Do take note of the dimension and the min allowance for tools to access and tightening of the joints. Yes, only 2nd floor nia. But if u want 1st floor also have hot water, then it's advisable to get a separate heater to place it at 1st level. Hmm.. I select 35L is base on kiasu situation. Two person shower in both toilet at the same time, the water pressure is still strong & hot.

Hope it helps! Enjoy this beautiful Sunday. :yamseng:

Ok thanks happy Ang!!!

Eh share more pics leh on kou shou ( no idea what is that)

How's the progress Liao? Hehe.. Mine will start tiling tomorrow....

Edited by spikedoll

Ok thanks happy Ang!!!

Eh share more pics leh on kou shou ( no idea what is that)

How's the progress Liao? Hehe.. Mine will start tiling tomorrow....

Hi spikedoll, this is what I learn from my ID.. Just to share, hope it helps... :dancingqueen:

photo132_zpsc38cc031.jpg

Imagine my hand is the hinge, glass swing door is open inwards.

A nicer “Shou Kou”, ID told tiler to flush the tiles with the cement. One look from outside the toilet, u only sees the painted wall and not the tiles. Inside the toilet, u can only see the tiles. These small little details will help to make ur place nicer.

photo133_zps4aed9d8c.jpg

Another example: my master toilet.

I am using black tiles in the toilet. Imagine the blue colour piece is the hinge, and the glass door is open inwards. It will look nicer, if the outer wall is similar colour as the bedroom wall colour. Secondly, to mount the hinge on the wall will minimise the damage of the tiles.

photo137_zps86d2c2f5.jpg

Kitchen entrance, will be doing a glass sliding door (imagine the white piece on the left).

Can u notice the small step? Living room is slightly higher than kitchen floor. ID requests the tiler to do this “shou kou” so that from living area, u don't see the wall tiles when the sliding door is closed.

photo138_zps66e40d0f.jpg

Box up the sewage pipe in level one toilet. Notice the boxed up is slightly bigger than the tiles?

No right no wrong if to do flush or slightly smaller than the tiles.

Understand from ID, by doing the boxed up slightly bigger, painting will be easier.

If happen to have water splash onto the boxed up area, water will flow down by gravity. This will minimise the chance of water remain on the tiles and long run may damage the boxed up.

photo126_zps6e30f44f.jpg

Full view of boxed up in level 1 toilet.

Disclaimer: All this "shou kou" knowledge I learnt from my ID. It does not represent that ur "shou kou" will not be nice if ur ID / contractor decide to do otherwise. :yamseng:

After 39 days of renovation...

photo124_zps8ccb0b8e.jpg

View from living area. Left side is a partition wall for us to display photos, right side will be a store room making use of the stairs area. Saw the extra hollow blocks? The tiler ordered extra for the reconstruction of the toilet wall.

photo125_zpsfeecaf2d.jpg

View from dining area.

photo127_zpsfa288f84.jpg

Cove light and false ceiling in master bedroom. Will be switching the opening of the door. The partition wall is for the door backing.

photo131_zps1c5c3725.jpg

False ceiling at bedroom. Level up the wall with partition to easy placing of the bed.

photo136_zpsf3d3766b.jpg

Our nothing much to see balcony view. Requesting a three track sliding window, so that can full open (as shown). The alu main frame is longer than lift height, the poor uncle gonna climb up to our unit twice. Because, one for balcony, one for maser bedroom. :dancingqueen:

Really feel paiseh for the uncle.

Thank you HappyAng for the detailed explanation with pics on shou kou!! Do u go inspect daily?

Went up to see see today..My false ceilings are also almost done!

Thank you HappyAng for the detailed explanation with pics on shou kou!! Do u go inspect daily?

Went up to see see today..My false ceilings are also almost done!

Welcome! We share information and knowledge. I inspect the renovation work quite frequent as I wanna to update my preggy wifey the progress. Ha..ha.. She is one of my silent reader in my T-blog. :sport-smiley-004:

Spikedoll, good luck to ur renovation.. :yamseng: btw, u start buying electrical appliance and furniture?

Hi happy Ang , we are really slow and lazy.. Only bought Some bathroom sanitary ware, ceiling fans, a few lightings that's all. Got any lobang share leh!! Kum sia!

Spent the past hour reading your updates... Very nice design and seems like your renovation is going well... Small hiccups here and these are expected so fret not...

Am planning to get a EM in Tampines (Blk 856 A-F) next year around St Hilda's Primary... My daughter (P3) is already there and my son will be starting P1 next year... Don't want to think about the COV and it's expected to be higher than the sky... But of course if the house is done up nicely and only minimum renovation is needed, why not? Collecting ideas as we go along so can be more prepared...

PS. I'll definitely be doing the tempered glass handrail... Must post pictures when it's done up ok?

Edited by typhoonz

Hi happy Ang , we are really slow and lazy.. Only bought Some bathroom sanitary ware, ceiling fans, a few lightings that's all. Got any lobang share leh!! Kum sia!

You are the same spikedoll from MCF?

HappyAng, how many months is your preggy wife now? Congrats to both of you!

We have yet to decide the paint colours for our flat. Husband and I have some preferences and we have yet to come to agreement.....haha.

Looking at the progress of my flat, yours is more consistent. My contractor seems to take longer so we doubt the reno will be completed by mid-March. We will be lucky if the flat can be handed back to us by end March instead.

Sofa

We bought a KUKA L-shape sofa @ $3200 from The Montella. We tried many brands and KUKA is one of we have shortlist. KUKA is china brand & distribute to 186 countries.

Yes, we know that there's a lot of bad review on The Montella delivery, but we are prepare & willing to take the risk. Gonna keep our finger cross! Will post review after our sofa arrives in Apr.

Dining table

We bought a rectangular white marble top dining table plus six chairs @ $1600 from Mr Decor. Sigh.. Jialat.. After purchase then read about many bad reviews of Mr Decor. Well.. Gonna keep my finger cross ba...

Electrical Appliance

From Hong Liang

TV - Sony KDL55HX855 @ $2,800 (really value for money, Sony 55" LED Full HD @ less than $3K!!) c/w Bunchin Stand, 4x 3D glasses, 1x Skype camera.

Fridge - Mitsubishi MRV50C

Washing Machine - Samsung WA95W9MIC

I nego with Hong Liang to round off the price for Fridge & Washing Machine to $1,200.

Total purchase for three electrical appliance, $4,000 including Gst, delivery and assembly. About 15-20% saving compare to those big mega store.

Spent the past hour reading your updates... Very nice design and seems like your renovation is going well... Small hiccups here and these are expected so fret not...

Am planning to get a EM in Tampines (Blk 856 A-F) next year around St Hilda's Primary... My daughter (P3) is already there and my son will be starting P1 next year... Don't want to think about the COV and it's expected to be higher than the sky... But of course if the house is done up nicely and only minimum renovation is needed, why not? Collecting ideas as we go along so can be more prepared...

PS. I'll definitely be doing the tempered glass handrail... Must post pictures when it's done up ok?

Thanx typhoonz for reading my T-blog. Sorry for my CANNOT MAKE IT English too.. Paiseh..Paiseh..

Will post more photos along the way.. We share experience, information & knowledge here.. :yamseng:

HappyAng, how many months is your preggy wife now? Congrats to both of you!

We have yet to decide the paint colours for our flat. Husband and I have some preferences and we have yet to come to agreement.....haha.

Looking at the progress of my flat, yours is more consistent. My contractor seems to take longer so we doubt the reno will be completed by mid-March. We will be lucky if the flat can be handed back to us by end March instead.

Thanx kooky. Wifey is 25 weeks preggy. ID told me target to handover back to us in mid Apr.

If u not hurry to move-in, give ur contractor a bit more time so that they dun rush the job. But also dun give them too long also, if not they will tends to give priorities to other job. Gd luck for ur renovation & happy shopping. :yamseng:

Sofa

We bought a KUKA L-shape sofa @ $3200 from The Montella. We tried many brands and KUKA is one of we have shortlist. KUKA is china brand & distribute to 186 countries.

Yes, we know that there's a lot of bad review on The Montella delivery, but we are prepare & willing to take the risk. Gonna keep our finger cross! Will post review after our sofa arrives in Apr.

Dining table

We bought a rectangular white marble top dining table plus six chairs @ $1600 from Mr Decor. Sigh.. Jialat.. After purchase then read about many bad reviews of Mr Decor. Well.. Gonna keep my finger cross ba...

Electrical Appliance

From Hong Liang

TV - Sony KDL55HX855 @ $2,800 (really value for money, Sony 55" LED Full HD @ less than $3K!!) c/w Bunchin Stand, 4x 3D glasses, 1x Skype camera.

Fridge - Mitsubishi MRV50C

Washing Machine - Samsung WA95W9MIC

I nego with Hong Liang to round off the price for Fridge & Washing Machine to $1,200.

Total purchase for three electrical appliance, $4,000 including Gst, delivery and assembly. About 15-20% saving compare to those big mega store.

Thanx typhoonz for reading my T-blog. Sorry for my CANNOT MAKE IT English too.. Paiseh..Paiseh..

Will post more photos along the way.. We share experience, information & knowledge here.. :yamseng:

Thanx kooky. Wifey is 25 weeks preggy. ID told me target to handover back to us in mid Apr.

If u not hurry to move-in, give ur contractor a bit more time so that they dun rush the job. But also dun give them too long also, if not they will tends to give priorities to other job. Gd luck for ur renovation & happy shopping. :yamseng:

So far so good lah... My engrish is no better... What's most important is the details and pictures...