Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Journey To Our Home =)

After searching for 3 weeks, found a resale that fits almost all my criteria, we bought it the next day!

Here's the original floorplan from HDB.

origfloorplan.png

Edited by juxstapose

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The current floorplan has the storeroom hacked away & rebuilt at the corner between the toilet & kitchen. Balcony is remove & floor levelled up. Extra area is sealed up to be a 4th room. Master bath also has external door sealed up. Door of Master Room opens from side instead.

Anyone knows how to amend the original floorplan to show the current one? Cos the previous owner(s) did modifications to the layout, so it doesn't actually look exactly like the original one. I only know how to do one manually on paper :bangwall:

currentfloorplan.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by juxstapose

List of wants:

Scandinavian/Cozy/Resort

Bright & airy

White/Grey/Wood tones

White Doors.

White Window Grilles? phase 2.

Dry/Wet or Open concept Kitchen

Breakfast table at Dry Kitchen sink

Kitchen Doors should be transparent Glass sliding

Toilet Door to open from Corridoor, not Kitchen.

WIW in Master Room Row of Casement wardrobe

Living room: Raised wooden platform, fake grass rug/carpet

Edited by juxstapose

Question: When do you start finding ID/Contractors for the reno?

After 1st HDB appt? After 2nd HDB appt? After getting keys?

If the current layout is not as per the original floorplan from HDB, just by looking at the original floorplan, the ID/contractor wont really know how to quote right?

And also if keys are not gotten yet, ID/contractor cant go into the house to see the exact condition, cos certain items like flooring even if its in good condition, may not match the look you want & might need to be heacked & replaced.

Another Question: For fittings [like Hood/Hob, Sinks, TV (to mount on wall), Fridge, Oven, Washing machine, Dryer, Lights], do you buy it together with the ID/contractor or can you go out & buy it yourself first?

Cos for such fittings, the size may depend on the reno.

-like if you need a raised platform for fridge/washer, ID/contractor may need to know to size b4 they can build the platform. Top cabinet height may also depend on fridge height. Living room feature wall sizing might also depend on TV size other wise may look unproportional.

-for lights, if you buy it first from shops or overseas websites, is there a chance that the power/amp/current/socket may not fit & you may end up not being able to use it?

Aprpeciate if you could share your experiences on the above! thanks! =)

For looking at ID / contractors, depends on when you want to move in. If you have right deadline, ie 6 weeks after 2nd appt then you better start looking now. No need to wait after 1st appt but only sign contract with ID after 1st just in case sales didn't go through.

For exact quote, you get a few to quotes based on floor plan then the one you more or less wanted, then only get exact quote by arranging contractor to the flat. When you are comparing quotes, just remember to stated the exact same dimension. That means your floor plan stated 10feet cabinet, ask all contractors to quote exactly the same. Easier to compare.

After searching for 3 weeks, found a resale that fits almost all my criteria, we bought it the next day!

Here's the original floorplan from HDB.

origfloorplan.png

Your unit at Woodlands? I got the exact same unit at Woodlands Drive 70! My reno is scheduled to start mid Jan.

Hi normanho23 !

Yea at woodlands too! :)

Which id did u get in the end? N what changes are u doing?

Glad to find someone with the same layout n location so we can share notes! Everyonelse on tblog seems to be frm punggol

I think I'm only getting my keys by early apr

N I must say again I'm totally loving our layout :) hee

Anyone knows when do u get your keys? On your 2nd appointment?

Technically speaking on 2nd appointment. My reno is scheduled to start on 14 Jan and target to complete by 4-5 Feb. Praying hard that I can move in before CNY. Both toilets complete overhaul. Kitchen only hack the wall between the kitchen and living room to create more space. Me not engaging ID. Just 2 contractors to handle the hacking and carpentry stuff. You can pop by my place after my reno to have a feel.

1st appointment just b4 CNY! :sport-smiley-004:

I'm trying to use 'Sweet Home 3D' to draw up my ideas in a floorplan. Anyone knows how to swop the door from a right handed opening to a left handed opening?

Technically speaking on 2nd appointment. My reno is scheduled to start on 14 Jan and target to complete by 4-5 Feb. Praying hard that I can move in before CNY. Both toilets complete overhaul. Kitchen only hack the wall between the kitchen and living room to create more space. Me not engaging ID. Just 2 contractors to handle the hacking and carpentry stuff. You can pop by my place after my reno to have a feel.

hey norman! my reno is also scheduled to start on that same date! but my contractor said it's impossible to complete reno b4 CNY. i think i can only move in sometime in march.

Anyone knows when do u get your keys? On your 2nd appointment?

yup, during 2nd appointment. u can arrange for inspection before the 2nd appointment & during this time you may wish to get your ID/contractor to go along to take measurements.

Edited by retchlow

hey norman! my reno is also scheduled to start on that same date! but my contractor said it's impossible to complete reno b4 CNY. i think i can only move in sometime in march.

It is possible if you are not retiling your kitchen and that your carpentry are all fabricated before the wetworks are completed.