Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Journey To Our Home =)

Was advised by my colleague to look out & buy big ticket home items now cos its much cheaper during Year End sales!

Like Bed, Fridge, Washer, Hood & Hob.

Just pay a deposit & deliver at a later date. And also should ask if the prices drop at point of delivery, will my final price be lowered.

Anyone tried that & worked?

Any Bed/Fridge/Washer/Hood&Hob sales recently? Shall go scout around this weekend. :notti:

Hi juxstapose,

I had purchased and paid a deposit only for Beds, oven/hood & hob and aircon around 3rd week of Dec12 at Courts Megastore to lock in the price...I only need the items to be delivered by end April 13 and the sales promoters there said no problem....

The only big items that need to buy later are those fridge and electrical items like tv washer n dryer as most of the stores want to clear their spaces for new items coming in..and mostly electrical items prices will drop again once new models are out..so perhaps no hurry to buy now..as they do not keep for us for few months too...

However, if you are only getting yr keys by April..i believe your renov shld complete around perhaps June depending if you are going through minor or major renov...therefore it will be very early to purchase the furnitures now..and hard for the stores to 'reserve' and keep for you...

it will be a good time for you to source/walk around and perhaps around March/Apr13....and you can check out singapore expo listing if there's any electrical expo sales, or maybe IT fairs or any upcoming home fairs to get ideas.... >.<

Edited by swaskie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello!

When using ur oven does it heat up the surrounding cabinets?

Im hoping to bake cookies often in future :sport-smiley-004:

My experience for build in oven is that the surrounding cabinet is a little warm when oven is in use. But it is certainly better than using the standalone table top oven. If u like to bake .... It is certainly a great helper.

There's such thing as a Microwave oven?

This is the model I bought. Steam Microwave with double grill and convection function. I doubt I will use the convection function but I surely do welcome both double gril and microwave function into one machine.

Panasonic NNDS592

Does anyone pay reno by credit card?Or must be cash/cheque?

Mostly by cheque...cos credit card has admin fees which the renov company will have to bear..and i think they will not have the credit card machine install..unless some exceptions ha...

Does anyone pay reno by credit card?Or must be cash/cheque?

Interesting question..... My ID asked for cheque so I didn't think they have credit card facility.

1st appointment today! Slight waiting time, but process considered fast & smooth.

Agreed with owners to get keys 1.5 mths after 2nd appointment cos they need time for their own reno.

Considered by lawyer & HDB to be private arrangement & when I told them our arrangement, all seems to want to keep it hush hush... Cos officially on 2nd appointment house belongs to us, any problems arise will be our problem... but should be ok? I se so many people doing that :sport-smiley-018:

Anyhower our sellers are quite nice & allowed us to bring contractors to their house during the 1.5 mths. Hopefully their reno is smooth so that hand over of keys will be on time :sport-smiley-004:

Dropped by Hommage today but they were gone for CNY! They're only back on 18 Feb.

Made a trip down to Qbay & IKEA yesterday to get some ideas on decor. Spent the most time at the kitchen section at IKEA brainstorming on the layout of our work triangle. Loads to think about for the reno.

Need to make more trips down together back to IKEA & more showflats before we'll start calling the IDs.