Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Journey To Our Home =)

Thanks swaskie! Will go check it out!

Met up with a contractor today at Hafary and got dazzled by the tiles collection they had. Loved the wood tiles collection they have, just hoping the contractor will absorb some of the extra costs :dancingqueen:

Hi juxstapose, did you manage to find the $3 wood tile in hafary?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi juxstapose, did you manage to find the $3 wood tile in hafary?

No time yet! Looks like the earliest I can go look at tiles is in 2 weeks time.. Hope to finalise a contractor by then already..

Looks like reno will come to 47k, with some buffer for VO... 50!!! looks like really no budget for aircon in living room..

Edited by juxstapose

Had a fruitful session at Hafary today! 1st selection of tiles :good:

Noticed that many tiles were on low stock or sold out.

My contractor doesn't do dry laying of tiles... is that normal? Also, between different floor tiles, she will be laying a strip of either copper or metal coloured strip.. to join jup the 2 different flooring... is that normal? or should the 2 different flooring jus meet?

Dont know if the wood tiles chosen for the rooms will restrict the laminate colours of wardrobes or any wood furniture. Or whether the wood colour is too dark...

Edited by juxstapose

Very pale beige for Living/Dining/DryKitchen/Corridor to rooms.

Dark brown wood grain tiles for the bedrooms.

Grey scheme for master toilet (light grey walls with strip of silver/black granite/glass/frost mosiac, very dark grey floor with shiny specks) .

Brown scheme for common toilet (2 tone beige & brown tiles with faint lines for walls, dark brown flooring with shiny specks) :

tiles1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

White long subway wall tiles for kitchen, Dark brown leather like kitchen floor tiles, stone like greyish/brown tiles for service yard:

kitchenserviceyardtiles.jpg

Is there too much dark coloured flooring?

Edited by juxstapose

Starting to think about the wood/textile texture laminates:

Brazilian walnut for shoe & storage cabinet, for contrast with very pale beige living room flooring. Love that the laminate comes with thicker strips of dark & light brown:

storageshoecabinet.jpg

Lighter brown shades for kitchen cupboard laminates, contrast with dark brown kitchen flooring, and probably white/cream solid countertops:

lighterbrownwoodforkitc.jpg

Looking at the whitish laminates for room wardrobe, against dark brown wood tiles in the room:

textilewhitishforbedroo.jpg

whitishforbedroomwardro.jpg

Edited by juxstapose

The one I got is 2.6. Its longer than the usual ones n made in china. The other ones I saw were more normal sized n had 3d effect. But comes from some europe country n cost 4.5

Juxstapose I feel your pain bout budget bursting. I'll have to get my av set up n tv later on.but it's crucial to get the fixtures right first so Jia you !

Btw u haven been to the actual site Reece best to hold off buying certain stuff till u see the actual place, sometimes the floor plan very misleading

Makanology: both!

Mrmerry: yup recee-ed a few times alr cos ours is resale :)

Gonna re select tiles again nxt week and recee for hood/hob n kitchen sinks tmr!

Go to Royal Fanco Jalan Besar; very good rates and service from Henry. We initially wanted to buy from Poh Seng (sink) and GR Link (sanitary wares) but in the end, Royal Fanco's price is the best.