Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Journey To Our Home =)

IMHO, air-con is never a need, it's always a want.

Our parents grew up fine without air-con and men go through NS on an island hotter than Singapore, all without air-con. :)

Edited by MiracleSG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

But what people forget is that the global temperature has risen since our parents' days...

I will be putting aircon and ceiling fan for my living room once I get my unit (unfortunately that would be another 3 - 4 years later, which is why I am a lurker here). My current place does not have aircon in the living room and sometimes, and even with 2 standing fans running, it is still too hot and humid; especially during the "hot season" here.

Managed to get 2 quotes, is there really a difference between G23 & G22 copper pipes?

Aircon uncle actually advised against installing living room aircon.

Is 24btu really too weak for a 50sqm area? comprising of living,dining,open kitchen,entrance area & corridor to rooms. But actually I dont need to to be freezing cold.. just to provide some cool air with we have large group gatherings, cos we also have a ceiling fan in the living to circulate.

The rooms are:

9btu for 13sqm

9btu for 12sqm

9btu for 18sqm(but after putting wardrobe will be left with 16sqm. he suggested 12btu but i think no need. Tho difference b/w taking a 9btu & 12btu is about $90).

Edited by juxstapose

Thanks greglhc! Came across that before but forgot about it.

Per the calculations, 24btu for the common area is totally not enough (apparently I'm short of like another 11 btu unit) but just did a measurement of my current (mum's) home & realised that its also the exact same aircon as I'll be getting (specs n all). The common area here is 45.4sqm & a 24btu actually makes the place quite cold - ironically it makes it too cold that we hardly use it.

Now I'more inclined to get it too, once I get the stamp of approval from the bf!

Edited by juxstapose

Kitchen Tiles & Laminates: White subway tile for walls, greige floor tiles, white with shiny specs solid top(the description of that design is called White Diamond ;p), wood laminate for bottom cabinets, glossy white laminates for top cabinets.

kitchentilesnlam.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All the chosen laminates

lamj.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can check what is the brand of Solid Surface top you choose? Coz I seldom see blink blink kind. :D

Btw what's your laminate brand too? Nice choice. :)

Hm I'm not sure of the solid top brand but I can try to check. The laminates r mostly for EDL except for 1 from Admira. Those were the only 2 brands at my contractor had.