Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue77

A Place Of My Own!

Hi May_dream1,

I wanted to thanks you for introducing your contractors but not fated to use him because he do dammed busy lor. So I have to move on

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi May_dream1,

I wanted to thanks you for introducing your contractors but not fated to use him because he do dammed busy lor. So I have to move on

as long as you manage to find a good contractor that suit your budget and can do your place nicely, that is more important lah. there are other good contractors around....

Welcome to the 3-roomer club! Mine in Potong Pasir, abt same layout as urs. Oso did up my overhaul mid last year after >25 yrs. Wat a journey man! All the best to ur reno! Looking forward to see ur updates & pics :)

Edited by jus4fun

After weeks passed, finally there is a bit of updates. Tiles are done up (can't see it from now as it was being covered up)and plastering had been done for the whole house as you can see below the attached images.

Saw only one man doing the plastering and according to him, he was at my houes for the past 4 days. :unsure:

Livingplastering_zpsd575df2d.jpg

MBRplastering_zps01a35fd5.jpg

Windowframe_01_zpsca8c775f.jpg

All workers have gone back home for the CNY. So after CNY, will be discussing with the ID over the cabinets, paintings and electrical point etc.. :sport-smiley-004:

During the period when my flat is still hacking etc, I did not idle around, instead every weekends I will go to make a search for my lightings. Walk till legs breaking, along the whole stretch of Jalan Besar and even went to Balestier to take a look of what is available in the markets and the cost of it. Didn't realise that lightings in Singapore are so expensive :jawdrop:

As I have been browsing the website of TB, and when I went to some shops, most of the designs I saw was also selling and the prices are so much different. :bangwall:

Mostly I went into those shops and feel like being carroted. I even went to the same shop at a different weekends and was served by two different salesman and the prices they given can be different by $20-$70 for same design that I was eyeing on. Almost wanted to get the lights from the cheapest quote he had given me but.... after much thought I decided to get from TB!! :sport-smiley-004:

So last week, I manage to make a quick list of ordering for my lights as from now most of the suppliers in TB are closing for almost two weeks plus during CNY. Even though they can takes the orders but they will not release the goods.

Luckily, my ID is very helpful and willing to help me install my lights even if my renovation have done up. YEAH!!! :dancingqueen:

So have to wait patiently for the goods to come. Not sure about the shipment fee thougn. But I think will still be cheaper than getting in Singapore. :dribble:

Happy New Year!

Shopping Time!!

Since there is not much uptdates on the renovation process...I will post up images of the products that I buying and eyeing too!! :sport-smiley-004:

Light1_zps5c9d0400.jpg

The circle rings are suppose to in white

Light2_zpsb2e67513.jpg

MBR Light

Light3_zpsd611cda2.jpg

Common Room Light

Lights5_zpse93022fb.jpg

Kitchen Light

to be continue...

I more of practical side as my room space are limited...so eyeing for this kind of sofa cum storage.

Have anyone come across this design?

Sofa_zpsfc3361a0.jpg

I more of practical side as my room space are limited...so eyeing for this kind of sofa cum storage.

Sofa_zpsfc3361a0.jpg

Hi we are looking at this too and shortlisted it. What color are you getting?

Edited by Makanology

This sofa is so cool!

Where to get it and how much? Kindly advise..Thank you! >.<

Sofa_zpsfc3361a0.jpg

hi there! not sure if you saw the sofa on taobao already and took the pic from there but they have a couple of nice ones. i myself am eyeing on it coz i really like the zakka/MUJI style and this seems to be the exact one you've mentioned :

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.120.aAf2ox&id=20896904782

850¥ is less than S$200, i think its really cheap! i wonder how much SG is selling if they do indeed carry this design. if i'm buying from taobao i think the shipping would come up to around $200-$300 (i used the shipping calculator from peeka.sg) so whole thing will probably come up to $500+.

Hi

Is so cool right? I thinking of the black one :sport-smiley-018:

Kaylinpickles

Thanks. This design I saw it on taobao and is really cheap. But I would also like to find whether can it be found in Singapore, in a way to check the pricing and have the real feel of the material.

Hey blue77

agree with you on the lighting cost!

yesterday i went to a light shop in AMK, the sales lady not very frenly thought =X

guess how much they are selling one LED track light for.

$99!!!!

OMG. summersann bought for $80. i think considered ex already. this AMK shop might as well go rob a bank.

Edited by Z3phy