Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Tiler Ah Meng & team (Ah Hoi & Ah Boon): all their 功夫very good. Our washing machine base is rounded corner :)

8801866464_f0c2162f3a_n.jpg

Rounded washing machine base by Makanology, on Flickr

I mus say ur tiling workmanship is gd la! Make up for the waiting.. Anyway things r moving along better liao.. Gd luck! Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi MK,

Is that price with the upgraded materials like insulation? and does it include the brackets or your already has a bracket ? .

Also, mind giving me the phone number to the shop, let me call to see if they give a good price for my electrical stuff I want to buy. Are they cheaper that Zero?

hi jay, we bought most of our electrical appliances including the aircon from a family-run shop @ Jalan Kayu, Unilite. Not sure who they outsourced the aircon portion to but we will find out next Wed. We paid $2.8k for a Starmex system 3 inverter which we think is a fair price. Overall we got pretty good rates for our other electrical stuff bought over there.

Edited by jaykr

Wahhhh..... Alan called to give update....never do that for me... you special man! heheheheh

Hi June, haha you may be right :) just now Alan called us to give us an update and what's next to expect! Mr E said tomorrow we can strike 4D already!

Hi swaskie, renovation now smoother by a bit cos Mr E has been stationed there everyday to monitor lol

Yesterday he met up with Alan and talked some things out. Now on turbo mood but kitchen cabinet will only be done after we move in. No rush on that; doubt first few weeks will get to cook cos so much cleaning & unpacking & DIY projects!

The carpet - sure :) your mom so nice! let's meet up!

Ha Makan,

invite me to yr hsewarming once yr hse is done..the carpet will be yr pressie hehehehe

:notti:

Hi Swaskie,

Don't ask your ID, ask the town council like I did . They told we can provided it is the same color or similar and not some funky color. ;p

can paint ah??? hmmm gd I will call them up soon! hehehe thks for the info jaykr

Morning peeps, some of you have asked for our aircon contact. We will only be installing it this Wednesday so can't comment much of the installation yet. But so far, the service & price received has been great - Unilite Electronics Trading Co, 241 Jalan Kayu, S799465 (6481 8780 / Unilite.electronics@gmail.com / look for Kelvin or Claris >> very nice & helpful couple)

Yay! Alan called just now for 'layout' meeting with plumber today. Though the notice given was bit last minute, we still appreciate that they are now trying their best to rush for us :)

Yay! Alan called just now for 'layout' meeting with plumber today. Though the notice given was bit last minute, we still appreciate that they are now trying their best to rush for us :)

I suspect Alan reads renotalk..! ... Hello Alan .... !!:)

looks like ur progress is on turbo mode now, faster than mine!! good la!!

but the 323 coffee shop still faster, they open liao lol!

Ya today we have Ah Peng or Ah Beng (not sure which is his actual name but he is definitely an ah beng) as our plumber and he is quite a funny chap. So far chemistry with him & team seems ok and targeting by Monday to complete most of the plumbing works, other than the last minute VO for 'semi-tabletop' basins.

(Our original basins cannot be used with our Delta faucets and we had to head to Royal Franco to solve the problem. Kudos to Henry & Lena for saving the day! Thumbs down for Alan for not being there for us physically to solve it though subsequently he tried his very best to brainstorm with us over the phone.)

What's left of our shopping list:

1) Sound bar

2) Philips Airfryer

3) Handheld vacuum cleaner for quick vacuuming of small areas

4) Ironing board

5) Square cushions for sofa

6) Plants

7) New toiletries for the new place eg new toothbrush, soap, new makeup brushes etc :)

We are now furiously packing and we have A LOT of stuff!!!! This week is gonna terrible for us with the renovation juggling, ROM cum wedding preparation (choosing photos tomorrow!) and shifting house!

Believe a miracle will happen - Alan called us at 7ish just now with more updates. He is really pushing his guys to rush out the house miracle for us and despite all the frustration we've faced, we're glad he is blessed with a good team!

Soundbar? You do know that soundbar needs walls to bound it around in order for it to sound good; so if your place has some big space in between, the sound may not be that great... (but if you are not particular about how it sounds, then it's a great 1 piece speaker)

Morning peeps, some of you have asked for our aircon contact. We will only be installing it this Wednesday so can't comment much of the installation yet. But so far, the service & price received has been great - Unilite Electronics Trading Co, 241 Jalan Kayu, S799465 (6481 8780 / Unilite.electronics@gmail.com / look for Kelvin or Claris >> very nice & helpful couple)

Hi Makan, Can share the model/price of aircon you got? Also, do they do down to your place to look at how to run the trunking & then gove the quotation? thanks!