Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Makan!! Where did you find these lights? I am hoping to find them in red or even this colour! pls help :)

Found them at this hardware shop in jurong west extension! Hock Siong was selling them in black at $30 each and of sturdy quality! For red or green, have to spray them. These were sprayed by my hubs...green spray paint from Artfriend and they have tons of colors to choose from!!! for 2 lights, you need 1 spray can but to be safe, buy 2 cans.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Found them at this hardware shop in jurong west extension! Hock Siong was selling them in black at $30 each and of sturdy quality! For red or green, have to spray them. These were sprayed by my hubs...green spray paint from Artfriend and they have tons of colors to choose from!!! for 2 lights, you need 1 spray can but to be safe, buy 2 cans.

LOL...OMG Jurong West extension?!!:jawdrop: Hmm...wonder if Hock Siong still has them

Hey MK and vacanthost, I've contacted Dorothy and yes, her quote is reasonable. Will be meeting her soon. Hopefully can confirm an ID by this mth. Decided not to contact Alan because of reviews abt him being too busy and forgetful at times. Was thinking of starting a T-blog but maybe I shld wait till I hav confirmed an ID? Anyways, tks for ur recommendation/review gH

Hi redder, I am sure u made the right choice by not choosing Alan. His goldfish memory really shortened my life!

Hi redder, I am sure u made the right choice by not choosing Alan. His goldfish memory really shortened my life!

Haha you are so funny! We have also donated several years of our lives to him also!

lucky alan nvr reply my email enquiry back then! :rolleyes:

maybe he doesn't check his email at all....

Haha you are so funny! We have also donated several years of our lives to him also!

I read thru ur post and found ur experiences amazingly similar to mine!

Forgetful, empty promises (he forgets what he promised), ever-extending deadlines (he forgets the deadline agreed), negligence (he forgets about my house) etc... It nv came across my mind to put my grievances down until I saw urs! All along I read mostly good things about him and tot that I am the exception!

Got to constantly nag at him to get things done. After nagging, must follow up with SMS in case he forgets, no follow-up on the matter, must remind again. And still got to text him again to ask him not to forget. It was quite a torturous process to be honest. I tink that he has forgotten that this is his job and we still have our own job that requires our time and attention as well. Like u, we ended up monitoring the renovations on-site every single day and coordinating with all the subcons to make sure everything is on schedule. Before that we had so many reworks until we are scared!!

We are facing the exact plight now. No updates at all and we have to keep a lookout outside to see if his subcons are here to fix something. Just yesterday, my Mr E was walking back home and saw a lorry turning into our carpark with a shower screen. He went to ask them which floor it is for and found out it is ours! No advance notice etc!

Edited by Makanology

We are almost like giraffes from waiting for our contractor to finish up bits and pieces for us so we took advantage of GSS and invested in a Bosch impact drill. Project DIY started:

9027458828_335c58c933_n.jpg

DIY by Makanology, on Flickr

Organizing our little store room by wall mounting things to free up floor space!

9025232655_f916b0aa67_n.jpg

Even the Electrolux vacuum cleaner is not spared. Also wall-mounted!

9027460928_7b27bdf6ac_n.jpg

Can't wait for the plumber so we fixed the bidet spray ourselves!

9025235161_27a3da51e2_n.jpg

Drilled the unconventional 'towel rail' from Ikea as well as the Evrilholder Magic Holder to organize all our cleaning apparatus!

9027464374_1206b2f6f2_n.jpg

Fixed our 1st set of curtains for our MBR. Obviously Mr E gave in to me with the lace and floral design and the pink walls :)

Edited by Makanology

We are facing the exact plight now. No updates at all and we have to keep a lookout outside to see if his subcons are here to fix something. Just yesterday, my Mr E was walking back home and saw a lorry turning into our carpark with a shower screen. He went to ask them which floor it is for and found out it is ours! No advance notice etc!

Yup. Totally no updates till the very last min and the subcon just suddenly appear. We ever tried asking for a schedule but at most he can only let u know what will be for the next 2-3 days. Mostly pretty adhoc arrangements.

Can I know where u got ur Bosch drill? Needed one to fix some shelves. Nv buy b4, nv use b4 :x

Is it difficult?

Edited by simplehuman

Bought it at Home-Fix at $99 as part of their GSS promo. It looks cheem to me but Mr E figured it out and used it for the first time in his life. Haha there were some holes wrongly drilled so have to patch up ourselves. Actually what makes it difficult is how stubborn our prefab walls are. Have to apply more force to drill anything!

Bought it at Home-Fix at $99 as part of their GSS promo. It looks cheem to me but Mr E figured it out and used it for the first time in his life. Haha there were some holes wrongly drilled so have to patch up ourselves. Actually what makes it difficult is how stubborn our prefab walls are. Have to apply more force to drill anything!

Thanks. Hopefully won't be too difficult for us cos ours is an old flat, no prefab walls. Will check it out!

wow...Alan was also shortlisted by us...but decided not to contact him...cos reviews were mixed...kinda glad we didn't end up contacting him now

Pre fab house is the most easiest to drill.cause it's hollow at most of the loading.The drill has different mode.the screw mode,the hammer mode,the screw+hammer mode.for drilling of holes use the screw+hammer mode for ease of drilling.The wattage of the drill play a important part of how fast the RPM of the drill bit turning and it's strength .Dont forget to use wall plugs for screwing part as it hold the screws in placed.For tile drilling buy a tile drill bit and do not use too much forced as it might cracked.I have 2 types of drill,batt operated drill for assembly and screwing and power drill for drilling holes.Hope it helps.