Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi! errr i think your boss and colleague is referring to the same restaurant i am...very limited seating...but the food is AMAZING. You must try their oyster noodle...it is out of this world. If your group is big enough...order the suckling pig (need i think one day notice). The pork with bittergourd is amazing too. Better call and book now....or else you won't get a slot. Save space for dessert...the or nee (sp) is amazeballs.

Jonker 88 is awesome...the baba food mentioned...i tried...i thought they were ok...totally give the chicken rice balls a miss...that was such a waste of precious tummy real estate lol

Yes, it's the same restn! Tat was wat i meant! :)

Aiyo! U make me wanna fly over right now! Ya lor, i think better make booking now oso.. so scared 吃不到! :lol:

I agree with u on the chicken rice balls.. any of our local chicken rice stall can beat them flat man! :sport-smiley-003:

@Bro E & Sis MK - paiseh hijack ur bolg tok abt eating in melaka! kekeke :P

Edited by jus4fun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah so many malacca food experts here and I don't even know where these places are located at and to think that I am born there (but grew up here ;)

Malacca will never be the same without Jonker!

We tried plenty of Penang hawker fare (search for Makanology on Instagram). No honeymoon yet cos in between jobs (not enough leave & new workplace needs me to start soon).

Something to update: our kitchen cabinet is finally up with the sink installed today :) Kitchen is still a mess and so is our study room. Unpacking is so tough! Cleaning up is even harder.

Will pester Mr E to use his DSLR for better photos!

sorry to hijack the topic here, but just wondering if the floor plan given to us by HDB is inclusive of the wall thickness?

or is the dimension measure from the centre of the wall to centre of the wall on the other end?

If so, any reno-guru know the typical wall thickness of a new BTO?

Thanks!

Hi there, mr E here.

From my understanding, outer walls are usually 20-25cm, and inner walls are typically 10-15cm. As for BTO, I m not too sure.

For floor plans, if u have, u need to print them and then cross reference with a ruler, the measurements will be exactly in scale. That is, 1mm is 10cm, and 2mm is 20cm etc. U may need to adjust printing the floor plan a couple of times until u get the right scale.

Based on my understanding, i hope that helps.

Hi MK,

So now that your kitchen cabinet is done, what counter-top are you using?

I'm waiting to see you Kitchen cabinet with your tiles and all your collections....it would be unique look ...=)

We tried plenty of Penang hawker fare (search for Makanology on Instagram). No honeymoon yet cos in between jobs (not enough leave & new workplace needs me to start soon).

Something to update: our kitchen cabinet is finally up with the sink installed today :) Kitchen is still a mess and so is our study room. Unpacking is so tough! Cleaning up is even harder.

Will pester Mr E to use his DSLR for better photos!

Hi MK,

So now that your kitchen cabinet is done, what counter-top are you using?

Hi hi, budget running super low so we are sticking to whatever Alan gave us which is probably some OEM solid surface top.

Thanks all for the encouragement. What's outstanding are some rectifications that we are debating whether to get contractor to settle or we DIY ourselves. Also the major outstanding portion is UNPACKING! Sometime we are surprised at how much stuff we have bought / accumulated!

Here's a pix of our kitchen (the half that is quite packed. The other half is cmi yet LOL)

9198760729_f46ac904bc_n.jpg

Kitchen in a glance by Makanology, on Flickr

Thanks all for the encouragement. What's outstanding are some rectifications that we are debating whether to get contractor to settle or we DIY ourselves. Also the major outstanding portion is UNPACKING! Sometime we are surprised at how much stuff we have bought / accumulated!

Here's a pix of our kitchen (the half that is quite packed. The other half is cmi yet LOL)

9198760729_f46ac904bc_n.jpg

Kitchen in a glance by Makanology, on Flickr

Country style! :)

Yes we laughed at how our house is now an Ikea showroom and Mr E is planning to catch the members' preview tomorrow.

Everything except the wall tiles, money plants, hangers, windows & grills is from Ikea!