Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Mr E here.

I quite had ENOUGH of this fellow. Apparently, the entire renovation journey has been made very unpleasant and getting a contractor or an ID is to allow us the convenience. However, it doesn't seem so, as it appears that our inconvenience matters very little to him, so long it's convenient for him.

We both have to work too, and he's not the only one. We paid for the convenience but instead we have gotten more inconveniences through his pathetic management and coordination.

Anyway of not paying him the final bit of fee? Seeing as he has been very slack?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mr E here.

I quite had ENOUGH of this fellow. Apparently, the entire renovation journey has been made very unpleasant and getting a contractor or an ID is to allow us the convenience. However, it doesn't seem so, as it appears that our inconvenience matters very little to him, so long it's convenient for him.

We both have to work too, and he's not the only one. We paid for the convenience but instead we have gotten more inconveniences through his pathetic management and coordination.

Hi Mr E / Makan sis,

I can totally understand your frustration because I faced the similar problem with my ID. However I do understand that your situation is far worse than mine because you have already moved in 3 weeks but the renovation is still outstanding. My ID squeezed all the work in the last week but my mom blasted his ears. We had moved in for a few days but there are still minor rectification which require these couple of days for modification.

Anyway if there are still outstanding payment yet to be paid to the contractor, my advice is to withhold them and list out the tasks which you have done on their behalf and deduct the cost from the payment.

I wish you good luck and hope the outstanding issues can be resolved as soon as possible.

Mr E,

i understand your frustrations. I did with the BSC sub cons too. They simply dont understand instructions.

Lucky my contractor is alright. Maybe you should contact D to rectify.heee heeee

Yeah, I don't fall under the category of choosing a contractor depending on how well u get along with him/her. It's all about communicating, understanding, and making a point to understand.

Reason why I prefer Dorothy is because she is detailed. Normally, people who are detailed tends to be meticulous. She was actually quite responsive and has initiative when it comes to details, like the optional choices based on ur budget. I think that's quite commendable. We just might get her to do some ad-hoc work in the near future, such as custom furniture which I have designed.

Yeah, I don't fall under the category of choosing a contractor depending on how well u get along with him/her. It's all about communicating, understanding, and making a point to understand.

Reason why I prefer Dorothy is because she is detailed. Normally, people who are detailed tends to be meticulous. She was actually quite responsive and has initiative when it comes to details, like the optional choices based on ur budget. I think that's quite commendable. We just might get her to do some ad-hoc work in the near future, such as custom furniture which I have designed.

custom furniture..... wao weeeee... please post photos in future...... D is good no doubt........ :jammin::jammin::jammin:

Hang in there makanology. You guys have been doing a great job with the personal rectifications and as for Alan, discount the cost of items you had to do up yourself, from the final payment. That was really bad handling on his part and he should make it up to you. Must be stressful times for you both but on the bright side, you have a handyman husband to see you through all this! Congrats on the wedding :)

Thanks to all! We decided to go for a short break to Penang to get away from the renovation stress! This is also more or less an eating trip cum vintage wares hunt! We found so much good and very authentic Penang food - yummy!

Edited

Edited by vw7983

Hv fun in Penang! U shld go Malacca! I juz went there and Lots of yimmy Peranakan food! Oh well, u can always ask Mr E to cook for u! Hee

Hi ProjectH, Guess what? We didn't eat any peranakan food in Penang. Neither did we went to hunt for more vintage stuff cos Mr E stopped me. He said that we really are running out of space :( sigh...

Wahhh.... so fast running out of space.... you guys must really collect a lot I am guessing.

I have been trying to collect Asian ( as in multi- country) decorative items. Got from India, China, Indonesia, Thailand so far.

Also I am collecting, fridge magnets & shot glasses from the countries, states I travel too...;p

Hi ProjectH, Guess what? We didn't eat any peranakan food in Penang. Neither did we went to hunt for more vintage stuff cos Mr E stopped me. He said that we really are running out of space :( sigh...

Then must hv njoyed all the hawker fare! Still gd mah! :thumbs up: (No honeymoon? :P)

I wanted go penang this coming weekn oso but missed the cheap budget airfare earlier.. after tt was $100+ to $200 liao.. so decided to give penang a miss (bye bye my hawker far :() & drive to malacca instead.. oso not bad lah! But i heard the govt is gonna close jounker street mkt(!?), but the shop/stall owners r resisting! Ya man!! wat is malacca without jonker street mkt!? :dunno:

Then must hv njoyed all the hawker fare! Still gd mah! :thumbs up: (No honeymoon? :P)

I wanted go penang this coming weekn oso but missed the cheap budget airfare earlier.. after tt was $100+ to $200 liao.. so decided to give penang a miss (bye bye my hawker far :() & drive to malacca instead.. oso not bad lah! But i heard the govt is gonna close jounker street mkt(!?), but the shop/stall owners r resisting! Ya man!! wat is malacca without jonker street mkt!? :dunno:

Did you try Teo Soon Loong Chan? The teochew cuisine (in melaka) is AMAZING

Did you try Teo Soon Loong Chan? The teochew cuisine (in melaka) is AMAZING

Hi vanessa, haven't tried before. Going to try this weekn! :)

This is oso one Teochew restn that my boss and colleague said die die must try. They said it's nothing like those in spore wor! Heard very limited seating so better book in advance once reached there. I'm oso going to Jonker 88, Nancy's Kitchen, Baba Charlie... aiyo, so many food must eat in so little time.. :(:lol:

This is oso one Teochew restn that my boss and colleague said die die must try. They said it's nothing like those in spore wor! Heard very limited seating so better book in advance once reached there. I'm oso going to Jonker 88, Nancy's Kitchen, Baba Charlie... aiyo, so many food must eat in so little time.. :(:lol:

Hi! errr i think your boss and colleague is referring to the same restaurant i am...very limited seating...but the food is AMAZING. You must try their oyster noodle...it is out of this world. If your group is big enough...order the suckling pig (need i think one day notice). The pork with bittergourd is amazing too. Better call and book now....or else you won't get a slot. Save space for dessert...the or nee (sp) is amazeballs.

Jonker 88 is awesome...the baba food mentioned...i tried...i thought they were ok...totally give the chicken rice balls a miss...that was such a waste of precious tummy real estate lol

Wahhh.... Always wanted to to go Melaka but never did. Maybe after all this renovation work, go to Melaka for a eating trip! ;p