Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hey that is so nice of her and you! Does she still sew now? *greedy* looking for green or pink floor mats :D

Ha she stop for quite sometime already...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Moms are wonderful, despite their constant nagging and scolding. Here's what my mom & I dug out at home just now:

8669286836_95b4a5d3d5_m.jpg

Hidden gems at Mom's by Makanology, on Flickr

Her only set of Pyrex (?) that she bought herself.

8669274984_fdc0a02c4c_m.jpg

Comes with matching teacups, saucers, milk jug, sugar bowl. Also dining plates in various sizes, ALL will be passed on to us :)

Wa its really a matching set and matches yr tiles ha

Grandmas are even better! My granny left this behind for us and now they are mine!

8668176993_82fbe20558_q.jpg

These are original Wedgewood salad plates (made in England) and 1940s! It is worth around AUD22 each on some websites now!

And this is even more classic, also from my granny:

8668180399_8fa6cfe291_q.jpg

Mr E hasn't seen those cups and I am pretty sure his jaw will drop! We now do not need to buy any dinnerware or cups or teapots for our place.

Omg this is really classic! jin dian!!!

Now my jaws dropped too lol

Waa i think once yr renov done yr hse really like museum leh good classic collection!!!!

Omg this is really classic! jin dian!!!

Now my jaws dropped too lol

Waa i think once yr renov done yr hse really like museum leh good classic collection!!!!

Now hoping it doesn't become too museum-like. Maybe have to mix with ang moh retro...

Can't wait to see ur retro flat! Brought back lots of childhood memories! Hee!

Haha, wait till you see this:

8668175089_1a3b76f082_t.jpg

There are 3 of us at home so parents bought enough Dumex to exchange for this and some plates of assorted sizes. So now, we really do not need to buy any crockery :)

u machiam in full swing of the reno liao even before got hands on unit.. haha! gd lah! once get keys, boom boom boom.. dat's it! a brand new cozy hm in 3 weeks! :sport-smiley-004:

looks like a lot of gems ur folks r handing over to u! nice!! :good:

How I wish the renovation can be done in 3 weeks! It is like 'wait long long' especially I heard the carpentry delays experienced by fellow club Alanists here :( to the extent that we decide to be safe; we told our contractor that we will cancel his wardrobe and book the Ikea PAX wardrobe. Cheaper & more door designs to choose :)

Brilliant Source Lighting @ Joo Chiat: great service, friendly Boss, lotsa free advice & prices look not bad too. Here's what we have shortlisted & have to decide for our living room downlights:8642321577_63ce4ac6b7_n.jpgBrilliant Source Lighting by Makanology, on Flickr8643424458_b5d441db33_n.jpgBrilliant Source Lighting by Makanology, on Flickr

I just popped by Brilliant Source over the weekend to see the lights too. The owner, Mr Quah, is really friendly & gives advise when we ask. My 3 gals were ssooo smitten by their yellow lab - cookie. The whole time hub & me looking at lights, my gals busy playing with the dog. Lol. Initially, we were thinking of buying LED bulb downlights. But after speaking with Mr Quah, now we are tempted to get the usual LED light with driver from them. Cos he said can offer me 1-yr warranty on the driver. 1-to-1 exchange if driver spoilt within a year. Some more, the led downlight we looking at, he supplies the same model to Orchard Hotel leh. Plus after that, if any issues, can always call him to go down for repairs. So good siah.

Oohh... I also love the black switch your cousin got for you. That is ssoo old school, but yet so apt for your place. Love it!! ;)

I think my mom is super happy about me helping to clear her cabinets... So that she can buy more stuff. She actually has this machine that polishes or cleans or ionizes rice grains (sorry I still can't decipher what that machine does but mom swears that our rice which has been processed by it is the super best quality with great health properties ...)

Anyways just bought this:

8672723578_65ce5ff6b7_q.jpg

Latest vodka baby! by Makanology, on Flickr

Edited by Makanology

@3Dyms yeah Mr Quah is amazing right? Unfortunately he doesn't have many GU10 lamps for us to choose. We found an online source but pending contractor's nod to go ahead with the purchase.

Moms are wonderful, despite their constant nagging and scolding. Here's what my mom & I dug out at home just now:

8669286836_95b4a5d3d5_m.jpg

Her only set of Pyrex (?) that she bought herself.

8669274984_fdc0a02c4c_m.jpg

Comes with matching teacups, saucers, milk jug, sugar bowl. Also dining plates in various sizes, ALL will be passed on to us :)

The Pyrex are mad love!!! I likey! They make v gd decor pieces ;) display them if you dun have place to store them and you can use them too. Heh

@ment0s hey long time no hear... Have u moved in yet? Show more pix leh!

Yes definitely will use them. Yesterday met a vintage seller and she said these are corning ware Jaj series. Here are the plates:

8668186683_92cb37402c_q.jpg

Pardon the Unicity bottles! How I wish my mom bought bowls from the same series, if any!

Edited by Makanology

I'm so jealous

Can slowly buy them. have to keep an eye on those vintage sellers' Facebook pages. What style do you like? Can keep a lookout for you ;)