Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

But if buy tonight, the queue will be longer cos weekend! Still their chicken wing and chilli worth it right? And we feel the price is decent when compared to the other famous nasi lemak, 2 packets of nasi lemak with chicken wing, big otah, begedil, ikan bilis, kacang & chilli @ $6.50 :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hehe! It's ok! Sometime even if the queue is so long until the pathway along the road I also queue. But I will buy at least 5 chicken wings to share with the hubby.

rainbows!excl.gif your house will be full of colors!excl.gif:dancingqueen:

Second that - rainbow home! Happy home! Imagine, after work... when you go home. you'll be delighted to see the colors :sport-smiley-018:

Hihi, I'm a new member here. Been sliently reading since last month. I think I'm even more kiasu than anyone cos I haven't even get my house yet and I'm looking through renotalk already. Haha! I'm still waiting for the May 2013 BTO at JW. Right now staying with in laws also at JW, the place I'm applying at is just 1 bus stop away.

Anyway, the reason why I post my very first post here is because I saw you guys talking about BoonLay Power Nasi Lemak! I'm their regular customer. I eat their nasi lemak 3 times a week! They are the reason for my weight gain ): But I still love them! I cannot resist their chicken wings. Oh no, I think I will ask my hubby to dabao tonight for me again >.<! I just had them yesterday!

But if buy tonight, the queue will be longer cos weekend! Still their chicken wing and chilli worth it right? And we feel the price is decent when compared to the other famous nasi lemak, 2 packets of nasi lemak with chicken wing, big otah, begedil, ikan bilis, kacang & chilli @ $6.50 smile.gif

oh my... i feel so left out. havent tried this FAMOUS power nasi lemak.

shall find one day... hahaha... $6.50 for so many things is quite cheap. what else is good there?

The duck noodle stall at Boon Lay market not bad and you are supposed to take the beansprout yourselves for your noodles. That mean, you can help yourself to ANY amount of beansprout with no one holding you back-but this stall, also super long queue.

The pork ribs noodles and wanton mee not bad also, prawn mee also. One of the seafood tze char not bad (their grilled crayfish nice!) and the pork satay stall next to it is good, apparently quite famous!

Today is tile selection day! Well we are 5 days away from our 2nd appointment so it is time to confirm the tiles, check availability & order them!

We met only for 1.5 hours at Hafary Balestier and confirmed the tiles for bathrooms, kitchen and living room/bedrooms floor laminate. We also confirmed the color of our window frames & grills (all white with horizontal bars for grills *to me, this is easiest to clean!*).

Today is tile selection day! Well we are 5 days away from our 2nd appointment so it is time to confirm the tiles, check availability & order them!

We met only for 1.5 hours at Hafary Balestier and confirmed the tiles for bathrooms, kitchen and living room/bedrooms floor laminate. We also confirmed the color of our window frames & grills (all white with horizontal bars for grills *to me, this is easiest to clean!*).

1.5 hrs that's fast! I lost count on the duration me/my mum & my bro took cos too many opinions ha

Ya i agree horizontal grills the best... Regret not choosing that for my living hall area :(

Bathroom:

- Tofu wall tiles

- interspersed with 15x15 baba tiles from TB

- floral encaustic floor tiles from An Huat or Unlimited

8662405503_df19479c2b_n.jpg

Bathroom tile by Makanology, on Flickr

- bulk of non-slip floor tiles that will match the encaustic ones

8662221697_6f605ce3fa_n.jpg

Bathroom floor tile by Makanology, on Flickr

Edited by Makanology

Living Room + 2 Bedrooms:

- this is the closest matching floor laminate color with kitchen wood tiles. We are more particular on aesthetics and practicality so we didn't choose top-range products like HERF. Also never tried if this laminate will give the floaty feeling as it will be used to overlay the current tiled floor. And we thought: we are both on the heavier side so will weight down any 'floatiness' LOL

8663525978_326fb96cb9_n.jpg

Floor laminate - Champagne Teak by Makanology, on Flickr

Edited by Makanology

1.5 hrs that's fast! I lost count on the duration me/my mum & my bro took cos too many opinions ha

Ya i agree horizontal grills the best... Regret not choosing that for my living hall area :(

Prior to meeting contractor, we have visited 5 times to Unlimited, An Huat, SBH & Hafary on our own. Also we are pretty fixed on what we want from the beginning. During our 2nd meeting with contractor to revise the quote, we already showed him tile samples & told him to revise the quote based on the tile size & costing. Minor changes we made along the way are more due to impracticality (hard to clean) or exceed budget.

As we took half day leave for tile selection, we had some time left after meeting contractor. So we went down to City Gas to understand more about gas heaters & do a transfer of utilities account.

To our horror, we are not eligible for town gas. Or rather, our block is so old that there is no piped gas facility!

So bye bye to

8663215984_b3fe004e95_n.jpg

Gas stuff and ... We can't have them :( by Makanology, on Flickr

Hello to

8662340589_a4c93d737d_n.jpg

Ariston 15 liters storage water heater by Makanology, on Flickr

We bought our water tank heater from the same neighborhood electrical store where we bought all our stuff there. We are strange folks, I reckon. If we like the service & pricing of 1 shop, we will give all our business to them without shopping around. Next up: very likely to buy our TV from them also!

Dinner at Jerry's Grill (a couple of shops down):

8662216651_1be16feeea_n.jpg

Jerry's Grill by Makanology, on Flickr

Their famous buffalo wings @ level 3 of the spiciness "Fire Plus" - this is hot enough for me as I drank myself full to put out the 'fire'.

8662217369_e5a5c96526_n.jpg

Triple Special - half slab pork ribs, quarter chicken & 180g ribeye steak with steamed veg & potato salad (choice of mushroom or black pepper sauce).

Price? $32.95 (good for 2 to share). Worthwhile deal!

We bought our water tank heater from the same neighborhood electrical store where we bought all our stuff there. We are strange folks, I reckon. If we like the service & pricing of 1 shop, we will give all our business to them without shopping around. Next up: very likely to buy our TV from them also!

Dinner at Jerry's Grill (a couple of shops down):

8662216651_1be16feeea_n.jpg

Their famous buffalo wings @ level 3 of the spiciness "Fire Plus" - this is hot enough for me as I drank myself full to put out the 'fire'.

8662217369_e5a5c96526_n.jpg

Triple Special - half slab pork ribs, quarter chicken & 180g ribeye steak with steamed veg & potato salad (choice of mushroom or black pepper sauce).

Price? $32.95 (good for 2 to share). Worthwhile deal!

Omg the chicky wings looked so gd! Made me so hungry now at 12.35 am lol

Maybe they are still open now cos it is at Jalan Kayu and it is a Sat morning ;) $15 for half dozen and can mix 2 flavors: spicy ones with crispy ones ;)