Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

19 May 2013

The first DIY that I done is the deco of my mbr personal corner. I had decided to do a photo frame montage to deco this wall. Previously I used velco to stick onto the photo frames but it was not so lasting.. end up I removed all the photo frames, repaint the whole wall and hammer hooks to hang the photo frames in the old fashioned way.

This is the final result. So satisfied!

2013-05-18221410.jpg

The montage consists of my wedding photos and other overseas trips photos. So wonderful. :jammin:

Hey lawrenceke!

Congrats on getting your keys back and freed by the "ID-sharks" who "locked" your house on the first day of the renovation! :lol:

That's a creative display of your wedding & overseas photos! Good job! I bet your wife will love you even more for your creativity! :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats bro for the great accomplished! Gong Xi Gong Xi! Njoy ur stay!! Cheers! :)

Gam Xia Gam Xia. Reno is a big lifetime project. It is never ending. Now i am enjoying it like a hoilday chalet before i officially move in June.

Yes.. yes.. Congrats too...

I love your photo wall, I wanna do one in the living area but end up decided to hang a picture that Hubby like.

Looking at your photo wall, I am so tempted to find another wall in the house to do it :notti:

Just Do it. :notti:

Hey lawrenceke!

Congrats on getting your keys back and freed by the "ID-sharks" who "locked" your house on the first day of the renovation! :lol:

That's a creative display of your wedding & overseas photos! Good job! I bet your wife will love you even more for your creativity! :thumbs up:

Yeah. That wall is so empty without deco. Best way is to deco something personal since me and my CFO will spend time doing work there (surf net.. face wall..) :dancingqueen:

On the same day, i did some modifications to my lightings in both the common and master bathrooms. I got my ID to install T5 in the boxup box in the 2 bathrooms but i am not satisfied by the lights that the T5 produced.

See.. the light is so short and looks weird..

2013-05-19202258.jpg

Therefore, i decided to change the T5 to LED strips. :good: Long before i started to plan how my house reno should look like, i had started reading various renotalk bloggers and the DIY gurus on their creative ideas. There is one particular blogger, user name: lancified who did some serious mods on his bathrooms lightings that amazed me. Now with his original ideas, i mod it to version 2.

This is what he done to his boxup..

20121211222102.jpg
I converted the power point to a 2 gang socket, one to power up the LED, the other is pending my exhaust fan installation next week, so many things to DIY, so little time sad.gif

20121211221726.jpg
Mounted the LED strip using 3m double sided tape, and further supported by industrial clear tape across it.

After 1hour of sweat and hard work, tadah!
20121211233232.jpg

Hope this can help you!

Original version: lancified got his ID to fix up a 2 gang socket in the boxup.

Version 2: I fixed up a 3 plugs extension bar instead. :jawdrop:

These are the tools and materials needed.

2013-05-19202422.jpg

I got my LED strips from Qoo10.sg.. the same seller that Bro lancified got from!

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/MEGA-SALE-70-DISCOUNT-3528-5050/407342594

I got a 2A adapter to power up 2m of 5050SMD LED strip and also purchased 2 sets of 3 plugs extension bar from Japan Home at $9.90 each.

I removed the power plug from the extension coil and connect the wires to the electrical connector.

2013-05-19203049.jpg

In order to allow the extension bar to stick firmly on the inner of the boxup, i used industrial grade 3M tape to secure the extension bar.

2013-05-19212644.jpg

Tada, this is how it looks like in the boxup..

2013-05-19203855.jpg

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

I got a 3 plugs extension bar instead of a single gang or 2 gang socket because it is easier to fix up and i can further use it in my future upgrading project (e.g exhaust fan in bathroom, hair dryer beside vanity mirror, etc)

I bought a roll of 5m of 5050 SMD LED strip (warm white) and cut it to 2.2m to install in my mbr bathroom.

See how bright it is!

2013-05-19204442.jpg

I pasted the LED strip onto the boxup.. plus further secure it with clear tape to prevent it from dropping.

2013-05-19210213.jpg

This is the end result. Bright enough to light the bathroom plus giving it a cosy feeling.

2013-05-19211112.jpg

The DIY cost less than $100 for both bathrooms. Simple DIY that anyone can do it for their home! :jammin:

On the same day, i did some modifications to my lightings in both the common and master bathrooms. I got my ID to install T5 in the boxup box in the 2 bathrooms but i am not satisfied by the lights that the T5 produced.

See.. the light is so short and looks weird..

2013-05-19202258.jpg

Therefore, i decided to change the T5 to LED strips. :good: Long before i started to plan how my house reno should look like, i had started reading various renotalk bloggers and the DIY gurus on their creative ideas. There is one particular blogger, user name: lancified who did some serious mods on his bathrooms lightings that amazed me. Now with his original ideas, i mod it to version 2.

This is what he done to his boxup..

Original version: lancified got his ID to fix up a 2 gang socket in the boxup.

Version 2: I fixed up a 3 plugs extension bar instead. :jawdrop:

OMG! I had just purchased four 3ft T5 tube for my bathrooms under the recommendation from my ID.

If it turns out like your first set-up, I will :~ .

Perhaps I will go invest in some LED strips too. How much did you pay for your roll of 5m of 5050 SMD LED strip? :huh:

OMG! I had just purchased four 3ft T5 tube for my bathrooms under the recommendation from my ID.

If it turns out like your first set-up, I will :~ .

Perhaps I will go invest in some LED strips too. How much did you pay for your roll of 5m of 5050 SMD LED strip? :huh:

A roll of 5050 LED strip at $45. Comes with 5A adapter to power up. :dancingqueen:

The next project is to install digital locks for my door and gate. I got a quote from Interlock.com.sg for 2 sets of Gateman F10 locks at a cheap price.

*Edit: Got another quote from another company at a even cheaper price. Wow.. no need to gather interest liao.. :dancingqueen:

Edited by lawrenceke

A roll of 5050 LED strip at $45. Comes with 5A adapter to power up. :dancingqueen:

Okay great! I will use that price as a benchmark when I go purchase the LED strip in one of the geylang lighting shop. :good:

Thanks a lot buddy! :P

Edited by Bengologist

I seriously cant believe that t5 cannot out-perform led lightings.. but based according to your picture it seems that it's true. that's such a big difference between installing t5 lighting in your bathroom before and after installing Led lightings.

There is a Best Denki warehouse sales going on at Tagore lane. Prices are cheaper than Mustafa and Mega Discount Store! You might want to drop by and take a look if you are getting your electrical appliances! :good:

Edited by lawrenceke

Hi , may I check with you did your ID advise you abt the city gas heater for rain shower ? I went to a few contractors , they advise me to install electric water storage instead saying that city gas does not give the pressure and also the piping will be seen and expose in the toilet which will be ugly. Initially I am thinking abt using city gas but was confuse after being told abt the negative.

Also wild it be ok to install 2 rain shower ? One in MBR and the other in common.

May I know which floor u staying ? Hear that will effect the pressure level too . Thanks