Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Curtain Pricing

I was quoted 240 for my sliding doors size 3m by 2.4m. is that reasonable? company is golden leaf.

Anyone tried getting a quote from spot light? Their stuff on the net looks pretty nice eh?

Edited by Junkay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

juz to share with you guz on my experience with curtains and advices from many aunties who used and had curtain experience.

1st, to save money if you have a budget, is to buy ready made curtain. ready made curtain are not as bad as what we think they are. there are some really nicely done up ones.

2nd, installation of rods and racks are usually quite standard.

pricing ranging from S$3.50 - S$6 for normal wood rod. anything above S$6 is those fancy and nicer looking wood rod. but do bare in mind, normally visitors don't juz stand there and admire your curtain wood rod.

S$3.50 for rack type.

3rd, nowadays the in type is using organza for day curtain. similarly, in the past, ppl use lacy type or abit lacy type for day curtain. so if you don't mind, abit lacy type is worth your money if you are doing custom made. it has a english country feel.

4th, consider the durability of the material. for organza, it can be scratched, meaning you will see the fabric string been pulled or stretch juz like silk. so do consider this factor. can your curtain materials be machine washed or do you need to send for laundry service? izt easily cleaned or stained?

5th, do not only consider abt asthetic factor. did you guz consider how are often are you and how are you going to wash your curtains? usually, you will throw in your washing machine and wash but if its a too thick and heavy type, i think your washing machine will hv a hard type washing it clean.

6th, and how many sets of curtains are you going to hv? some may think 1 set is enough. but if its spoiled or washed, do you need changing curtains?

7th, steps to ask for curtain quotation:

a) measure your window size

b) measure your window + the top, bottom, left and right wall size

c) look up yellow pages and send them fax / emails / call them up for quotation

d) go to those shops to view their ready made curtains sample and custom made sample

e) go to nieghbourhood curtain shops, some may offer vy gd price and advice

8th, sizes do matter.

generally, half length and 1 layer of nite curtain only cost lesser.

other alternatives:

1) buy materials from spotlight, arab street textile shops etc., and get ppl to sew for you

2) diy yourself

3) go JB to buy

Just ordered my curtain ... once it is up will give more feedback here.

Hi Ahnah, So what is your finished product like? Got any pics to share?

How did you find Noel's workmanship? If feedback is good then I would like to get noel to make my curtains.

Its time to tear down my Ikea curtains and get proper made to measure!

hi all

went to toa payoh yesterday

found a curtains place which is very reasonable

anybody interested to get more quotes can pm me

Please pm me. Thanks.

What is the market rate for day and night curtains, roller blind curtains, bamboo blinds and bamboo chits for balconys?

Can some one enlighten me?

went to toa payoh yesterday, found a curtains place which is very reasonable
Is it H.M. Curtain at Blk 183? And may we know how do you conclude the curtains place is very reasonable?

Please pm me. Thanks.

What is the market rate for day and night curtains, roller blind curtains, bamboo blinds and bamboo chits for balconys?

Can some one enlighten me?

Textiles pricing are increasing now due to fuel going up slowly.

For factory pricing , 800++ night curtain for 3 bedrooms, a living room.

If chg to day & night curtain should be additional 100++ each,

roman/roller/bamboo blinds should be additional 150~200++ each

Pricing are also depend on their textiles length, sun block, windy type or pattern design or any inhouse promotion.

Hock Seng Curtain

1026 Upper Serangoon Road

Singapore 534764

(opposite Mobil Petrol Kiosk and Serangoon JC)

May Lim - need to make appt for Home measurement first.

H/P: 9852 0308 / 8280 4544

Edited by STM

I have bad experience with May of Hock Seng Curtain. Not to be personal though. She was loud and keep talking non-stop. Worse of all, when she came over to view the window and i told her i wanted to install window grille, she said i must leave plenty of allowance for her roller blind recess and curtain track. I mentioned i wanted a full height grille and she said it will cost more to install bracket as my grille will take up "alot" of space. She rattled on and said that the bracket would not be sturdy and when children pull, it will come down. I would say it all boils down to her worksmanship and her willingness to install the bracket (as it means extra cost to her i suppose). She even went on to say that price of curtain/blind will increase after CNY!

Wtf! I had told her my intention to install full-height grille for the safety of my child and she guaranteed that the price would be locked in as long as we pay a deposit for her to order her materials.

Forumers, if you are looking at purchasing from Hock Seng Curtain thinking it is fuss-free and cheap, please think twice. I am definitely going to forgo my deposit and go with a more reputable company. No point getting yourself upset and argue with her (she had a face as black as baogong when she left in a huff!).

Good luck!

I was quoted 240 for my sliding doors size 3m by 2.4m. is that reasonable? company is golden leaf.

Anyone tried getting a quote from spot light? Their stuff on the net looks pretty nice eh?

i think the price they quoted is base on the fabric that you choose , by metre . in my experience sourcing out for the best service and reasonable price , i highly recommend you to May Cheong from MGL CURTAIN AND FINISHING at eminent plaza , lavender . i get to know May from this forum too as i read a lot of good feedbacks about her and true enough , May was good . as my husband do not understand the difference between day and night curtain , May explained everything to us patiently . she showed us a lot of catalogue unlike other companies , who are restricted over the fabrics . Mgl offer a wide range of fabrics . the good thing about May was she gv us tips and pros and cons . whether its easy to maintain or not . and their price is within our budget . she quoted my living room - day and night curtain , room 1 and 2 - night curtain , master bedroom - night and string curtain for $1370 . unlike other places where they can go as high as $4600+ (King and King's Wong) and J&S at $3800 .

i wouldnt hesitate to make a new set of curtain with May again the next time ;)