Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MonsterBeng

This Is Home.... 3Rm Resale @ Jurong East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The dining area...

20130815_180856_zps252e1dbe.jpg

The kitchen... the previous owner gave me this fridge even though i offered to buy over from her for S$80 :good:

20130815_180907_zps4bc05c90.jpg

Sink and cooking...

20130815_180938_resize_zpse2b28561.jpg

The common toilet...

20130815_180932_resize_zps07713502.jpg

The storage heater... dunno can reuse or not.

20130815_180924_resize_zps7da8063d.jpg

The view from the kitchen window...

20130815_181000_zpsa1042e0a.jpg

Congrats! Have you found an ID or contractor or designtractor?

I'm still searching.... this is the lunar 7th month so I can take my own sweet time. :good:

Will be meeting up a few at my unit for them to see the current condition.

I have to say... its a tiring process lo. :help:

Today is the 15th of August, so CONGRATS MonsterBeng!

You're now a proud homeowner and the reno is about to start!

Yeah! Congrats to Beng! :dancingqueen:

So got the keys liao? Would expect pics of the plc pouring in soon... kekeke :lol:

(Oh paiseh! Think my RT lag leh!? Posted this before all the pics started pouring in... :lol:)

Edited by jus4fun

Wow, nice hse! Quite well-maintained leh.. & it's so big for a 3-rm.. jealous jealous! :lol:

Wow, nice hse! Quite well-maintained leh.. & it's so big for a 3-rm.. jealous jealous! :lol:

Actually hor... before i did the "pre-2nd appointment" inspection, i already noticed that the conditions of the house aren't as well-maintained as what I thought it was when I was viewing the unit.

The main problem is with the laminated flooring... as there are some dents on them which would not show in the above pics. I'm now considering hacking off and rebuilding the laminated floor (instead of tiles to cut some cost). Let me see if I could take some pics of the condition and show it here, so that you bro and sis can gimme some comments.

I'm also considering rewiring the entire house as the last time the unit went through a rewiring process was like 10 years ago.

$$$$$$... :dunno:

Key things like rewiring and piping should best be done now as 3 room units are generally old units lest problems occur when you are staying in.

Tiring weekend... arranged to meet up with some of the IDs and contractors at my unit on Saturday and Sunday, and my brain is fully drained by now. Too much information to process and think about. Luckily I am not in a hurry to shift in so i can afford to think slowly.

Out of the 4 IDs and 3 contractors that I have scheduled to meet up, 2 of the contractors put me aeroplane. Immediate blacklist!! I did not even sms them to ask if they are coming or not. I believe that if you have agreed to meet up, you should let me know if you are not coming. In their industry, keeping their customers informed is important, and showing up when you are supposed to show up is equally important.

Anyway, I shall wait for the quotations to pour in before i do my shortlisting. Meantime... i shall take a short break from ID-ing. :sport-smiley-018:

OMG, i am having such a big headache now. I have shortlisted 4 quotations, and i am having a hard time trying to decide who to award to, especially when the costing is more or less the same (+- $2k window) based on a set of more or less same specifications. :bleah:

I suggest visiting one of the completed projects of your shortlisted contractors/ID in order to see the workmanship

And meet the respective owners. You get a better sense of what to expect when you do work with them

About the air-con, I had a lot of headache myself and there have been a lot of negative feedback with the big aircon retailers such as gain city

Have you considered this guy - Tim Wong who advertises here on renotalk? The company is Hong Huat Electrical and they really gave me the cheapest quote

Also their team has many positive feedback on renotalk