Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi illk, glad to learn that u hv solved your kitchen layout prob! again demonstrating ur thoughts put to the reno :good:

Am sure the reno will turn out nice nice! Particularly, can't wait to see ur dining sette & table! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

3D makes everything look good

My ID pointed out that this is unlikely to be feasible for our flat:

gallery_55259_83_124157.jpg

The reason being the space is too narrow for any bi-fold doors. Sliding doors also not an option as they are 1) expensive and 2) require more space for their tracks.

[We are getting bi-fold doors mainly because they come included in my ID's Bathroom Package]

I was a little sad, because I wanted the shower door to face the vanity so that we will get a usable space on the wall next to the shower to maybe place a kitchen trolley. Thus, I told my ID to place the door facing the kitchen, same as the toilet door.

So here are the first batch of 3D renders my ID sent to me:

gallery_55259_83_198008.jpg

Living Room:

- told ID to omit feature wall - we felt that having a feature wall for our TV is pointless mainly because we have a small TV (32") and the cost involved can be better spent elsewhere

- we are still on the fence about having a coffee table - tripping hazard!

- the door is way too nice, cause its a brand new laminate door! We're probably gonna just paint over the existing door (sigh, we are cheapos), but the dark brown colour is nice :)

gallery_55259_83_289082.jpg

Dining:

- was quoted $400 plus for the mirror, so we decided we can live without it (or that we will buy some cheap mirror from IKEA to put up later)

- we asked for the settee (that's what the ID calls the booth, I learnt a new word from her!) to have cushions cause its way more comfy to sit on, even though it was more expensive!

- the settee comes with storage! yippee :)

gallery_55259_83_218898.jpg

Kitchen:

- the 3D artist left out my build-in oven and also the top shelf above the fridge, but overall I was quite happy with how the kitchen looked!

Hi ilkl,

if you are looking for toilet layout with a small space, consider merging the shower area and sink area.

See how we did it at our renov blog

Wah... It's been 3 years since I last updated this thread....

Pai Seh, Pai Seh.

During the reno, I grew quite frustrated with my ID (who later quit being an ID less than a year after our reno was completed to become an insurance agent -_-" enough said) so I decided to stop this thread while I endured my frustrations and focused on moving into the house and be happy.

Life is funny indeed. Less than a year after moving in with my sis, I met my future husband and now we are going to renovate OUR house. So I revived my account and started doing research 2.0. Maybe I will start a new thread.... Whereas for this thread, I see if I'm hardworking enough to update with finished photos so it's not dangling halfway...

P/S: Don't ask me to recommend my ID, ok?