Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
midasls

Basic Understanding Of Home Fengshui

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Stop and go (行与止)

Stop and go is a very important knowledge in FS, basically I personally think that its pretty much about FS already,other then form school (形学)in landscape study (地理篇). Stop is yin , Go is yang, From point to point we stop and we go, when we stop we gather, when we go we disperse, 聚与散. Between these point to point concept there lies a complimentary relationship, 生生关系,in FS we try to achieve such relationship. We gather and disperse, we disperse and gather again, like breathing. Sometimes go doesn't mean just movement only, when a car go into a turn, it will slow down also, so even walk path there is stop and go relationship, or rather fast and slow, its not just subjected to Sofa, Bed or Oven. When we go to bed we stop at bed, when we get out of bed we go out from bed, so a bed is Yin got Yang, Yang got Yin relationship,阴中有阳,阳中有阴, simple concept but easy to forget, but very important in FS.

Edited by midasls

maybe people who study FS understand within themselves. I am just a consumer, no theory to fall back on.

Unfortunately most forum members here prefer simple answers, not theories to prove who is more knowledgeable. Perhaps you folks should give illustration on your learn concepts.

先避凶,后取吉.

= 'Bite the bullet' first, 'enjoy the shade' later.

= sow the seed first, reap the fruit later.

Decision makes todays, consequences ( 凶,or 吉) follows tomorrow.

This is cause-effect.

This is an universal law.

This is FS.

This leads to many examples in life.

Ex1. we work like 'cow', save and save, enjoy retirement.

Ex2. We do physical exercises that give us some 'pains', health we gain.

Ex3. We borrow $ that requires repayments(bite the bullet), for investment, which generate cash inflows (enjoy shade).

Ex4. We don't borrow $ for consumption that leads cash outflows later. This is 先吉后凶.

4 quardrants mix application. Not urgent to urgent (y-axis, upwards), not important to important (x-axis-right ward).

1. Settle urgent & important. (phone call, life-death situation)

2. deal with Urgent but not important. (email)

3. Not-urgent, important. (relationship maintaining)

4. Not urgent, not important. (hobbies, watching movies, watching movies)

We learn 'swimming' not merely by reading manual, front to back, can memorise even from back to front.

We get ourselves wet, through process and time, we 'master' swimming which can be learnt via 'mouth' alone.

Again, this is universal law.

This is FS.

Stop and go (行与止)

Stop and go is a very important knowledge in FS, basically I personally think that its pretty much about FS already,other then form school (形学)in landscape study (地理篇). Stop is yin , Go is yang, From point to point we stop and we go, when we stop we gather, when we go we disperse, 聚与散. Between these point to point concept there lies a complimentary relationship, 生生关系,in FS we try to achieve such relationship. We gather and disperse, we disperse and gather again, like breathing. Sometimes go doesn't mean just movement only, when a car go into a turn, it will slow down also, so even walk path there is stop and go relationship, or rather fast and slow, its not just subjected to Sofa, Bed or Oven. When we go to bed we stop at bed, when we get out of bed we go out from bed, so a bed is Yin got Yang, Yang got Yin relationship,阴中有阳,阳中有阴, simple concept but easy to forget, but very important in FS.

You are precisely correct (I view) that YY and WX are scientific fundamentals of FS.

The northern sphere star constellation confuses many, in relation to fs.

Not mentioning the 天干地支 concepts in Chinese calendar application.

To me, after so many years studying and experiencing, they are nothing but a plate of 'rojak'.

This 'rojak' is like a '武林秘籍' that everyone hopes to possess and master the strokes.

It "teaches all the 'strokes'. This stroke good, that stroke superior......

Eventually? I kill you, you kill me.

The more I learnt, I less I know.

One thing I learnt from taichi principle is that: 返璞归真, forget all strokes and blend all strokes.

KCwee, control the language a bit.

Emotion (cause) impels men to actions (effect), universal law, otherwise men are machines.

Respect always need to be gained. 先避凶,后取吉.

Before we consider any of the above theory raised by TS, when choosing a house, it's external landform plays an important role as it has 60-70% influence in overall luck of the house.

你是怎么样的命,你就会买到怎么样的房子!

Hi Mae, nice to 'see' u here again. Feel like drinking a good old wine.

I quoted someone said to me before:

'I won't penalise you for holding different opinions with me but laws of mother nature will penalise you if you show no understanding of your opinions'

Luck happens only when preparation meets opportunities!.

Tons of various 'opportunities' await in market.

To 'meet' or 'cross' such opportunities need 'preparation' or we call 'homework'.

A lousy-prepared '命', I guaranteed sure meets with lousy-opportunity.

This is universal law.

He/she might grab, at times, some good-opportunities without preparation, but easy come easy go.

Another universal law. These good-opportunities will go to a more-prepared one.

KCwee, control the language a bit.

Emotion (cause) impels men to actions (effect), universal law, otherwise men are machines.

Respect always need to be gained. 先避凶,后取吉.

Haha...bepgof, looking for me to crash car again?

If I ask curiously and politely.......are you somebody to me?

If my motherboard go haywire agian and I'm not in the mood liao......shall I say, "who do you think you are"......Ahya....anyway I know you can take it wanna tio bo

(really scratching my head le) wah lau I talk like tat wan ah.......pai seh if don't sound nice....pai seh to all......ehh....which part huh....the hokkien or telling people they wrote wrongly?

Respect....sure respect those who write correctly regarding the topic....look at midasls some of the things shared......I got respect ah. I kept quiet liao ah. You talk about universal law.....sowing seeds.... I respect ah.....never catch you say anything wrong so never kachiow you ah

I think to be fair, all of us learner will somehow try what we learn at home or.......(i do not advise that) try on relatives or friends home. As in why theory is also important in FS or anything in life, cos first we must understand the logic behind what we study (先明道理),then try go for practical or rather experiment with ourselves first (后实践), if we do not understand the logic behind then we are actually blindly following (盲从). Then back to studies and back to practical again, until we get it right and sustain from there, thru out we filter and correct and practice. Its an ongoing cycle (周而复始),even we get it right, we still have to improvise, to keep what we learnt alive and kicking.

Study must also read the right books, if we read all the wrong books, we will be screwed, but somehow in life we have a chance to read the right books, like 周易, or meet the right people, meeting the right people doesn't mean he or she will guide us thru out, the person merely just give us a right direction, the rest is up to us. I go thru 八宅明镜, I think most FS learner will come across that too. About choosing the right time, I think most of us learner know that picking the right dates for important stuff, like reno, moving in, putting bed, putting oven, sign contract, wedding, of cos we talk about big event that can affect our lives, only one thing in this world we do not need to pick dates, thats doing good deeds (行善).

Changing for the better, how ? Ask ourselves whats left behind ? To fully change we cannot leave whats left behind, meaning letting it go, only letting go then we can gain, like what KC said, "cannot let go pride ?", he is infact right, that I have to agree. The more we can let it go the more we are changing the scenario until its fully complete ! 虚心, means pour out everything in the heart. Lets take a 10 years period for example, in this current 10 years whats new ? whats old from the previous 10 years ? Are we going to bring those left behind stuff from the previous decade to this current decade ? Everybody wants a new life, a new start , It can be as simple as changing a lighting fixture .

DSCN8657C_zps9076a970.jpg

My parents' house layout is quite similar to this. We stayed in serangoon garden there until I moved out few years back. Whole family was well. Is is that the rooms must be ditributed as according to the picture before something happen?

My parents' house layout is quite similar to this. We stayed in serangoon garden there until I moved out few years back. Whole family was well. Is is that the rooms must be ditributed as according to the picture before something happen?

Hi,

To my knowledge if the living room split both bedroom up, its like separating yin and yang, also will have a tendency of triangular relationship, for example 2 girls going after 1 guy. When we split both yin and yang up, its a sign of lonesome, so for a person wanna find a partner can be very hard or have a proper relationship.

Cheers !