Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

Hi there, thanks for sharing your house renovation tips with us. Much appreciated Sharon.

Im interested to know how much are the wood tiles you used in your living room and also the HERF from Evorich in your bedrooms. Are you able to share the costs? Also any surface prep costings.

How does the wood tiles feel? Just like any tiles yes?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh, I just bought the mirror from ikea Tampines last last Sunday. There was still a lot of stock when I bought my mirror.

Love those mirrors in your bathroom.

Heard they don sell it anymore in Ikea :(

Oh, I just bought the mirror from ikea Tampines last last Sunday. There was still a lot of stock when I bought my mirror.

Time to visit Ikea this weekend ...

yah. I got very good sized and quality mirrors from my existing place. wanted to only do re-frame, but was also quoted a few hundred dollars for 3 mirrors. So gave up on the idea as well. :no:

Get from ikea its cheaper though i read up that its not so lasting. But cheap and we could use it for a few years and change another one too. excuse to buy stuffs. :good: :good:

hello! can post more on your WIW! thanks thanks!

I will post more of my WIW soon~ look out for it~ :notti: :notti:

P.s its still messy in my WIW as im waiting for you hangers from taobao to be here.

Hi Sharon,

Congrats on your completion! Managed to read thru your blog one shot... Niccce place!

Noticed we have several identical concepts we have for our places- the dates, walls, wardrobes, sofa selection, the shower ledge ( mine is triangular thou), the wash area for the furbies!! Lolll and the barn doors; which we are having triple thought about it due to our low height issue.. Oh well.. See how lah..

Good to see that you have settled in comfortably.. Am at the carpentry planning stage now, so probably another month or two from now.. Mine is a long journey.. :P

Thanks for dropping by~ everyone came and love our barn door. Plan your carpentry well, i gave plans on how i want to arrange my drawers and casement cabinets for capentry. :) :)

Love those mirrors in your bathroom.

Heard they don sell it anymore in Ikea :(

They still have it in ikea, i thought it was running low on stocks but recently just checked, its still available. Comes with 2 colours. Birch which is the lighter brown like mine, and darker brown. :D

Hi there, thanks for sharing your house renovation tips with us. Much appreciated Sharon.
Im interested to know how much are the wood tiles you used in your living room and also the HERF from Evorich in your bedrooms. Are you able to share the costs? Also any surface prep costings.
How does the wood tiles feel? Just like any tiles yes?
Thanks!

the woodtiles we picked $4 per 90cm tile, the longer one instead of 60 cm. Got it from Hafary. Total was quoted around $3k from K who quoted including workmanship

For the HERF from Evorich we got Durban Oak. For Evorich its $6 per sq ft. Nowadays it seems hard to get this kind of price but you could bargain with them. :)

The wood tiles feels cooler while HERF is more warmer. And when my dogs step on HERF there is a hollow sound compare to woodtile which does not have the hollow tiak tiak tiak sound. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing that there is stocks. :good: :good: :good: After the completion of my reno, i seldom update as im still waiting for my final round of stuffs to be here before i update with more photos. :rolleyes:

Time to visit Ikea this weekend ...

Yeah~ you could sometimes find good stuffs from ikea~ :rolleyes: Initially i refrain going to ikea as they are infamous for the quality of their furniture but eventually i bought mirrors and bookshelf from them. :rolleyes:

Yea.. Think I have to spend some serious time on carpentry planning already... Been relaxed for too long.. Lol.. (We start our Reno around the same period) :P

Barn doors have a charm of its own right! Been liking it since I saw it on a tv design program while overseas.. But the difference is that over there, they uses real wooden planks instead.. I do have a question about the locking mechanic of the barn door thou.. How does it look like huh? Any keys to unlock from the other side?

Yea.. Think I have to spend some serious time on carpentry planning already... Been relaxed for too long.. Lol.. (We start our Reno around the same period) :P

Barn doors have a charm of its own right! Been liking it since I saw it on a tv design program while overseas.. But the difference is that over there, they uses real wooden planks instead.. I do have a question about the locking mechanic of the barn door thou.. How does it look like huh? Any keys to unlock from the other side?

Yes, you ought to do some planning, i manage to do some research online and found a template which i could start off from for the waredrobe portion. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some segment prepartion to have an rough idea what you want. :notti:

drawings1.PNG

For the barn door, K was going to do a lock box for us end up he did not. :angry: He said its not possible to do it and decided a normal chain lock. No keys needed. Let me try to take some photos when im back.

Here is something similiar to what i have just that mine is in gold and longer.

JV110BPC_750.jpg

I know im oweing a lot of photo updates over here. :deal: I will try to update soon.

Edited by plainsharon

Thanks for the wardrobe template.

Really useful :good:

Hope to see more update pictures

Edited by Songz

Wall Clocks (Rhythm and Seiko) at Bencoolen Square is definitely cheaper.

There's also 2 shops selling wall clocks at Tanjong Katong Complex (near Hoe Kee), but now i want to go to Bencoolen Square to compare prices and also maybe got more designs variety there.

hihi plainsharon...

super love ur house... also the wardrobe planning... i directly take photo of it after seeing it...

i see u bought alot of stuff from taobao...

this is my first time buying from taobao...

i plan to buy chandelier light, entrance foyer light and fake eames chair lol...

can you advise me for this, which agent should i use? daigou, peeka or amcon???

somemore i dont know how to read chinese "."

also im trying to convince my hb to use storage heater so we can have rain shower.. but he complained that the electrical bill will be very exp..

so far based on ur exp, does the electical bill truns out to bevery exp for storage heater?

thank alot....

the brand of the wall clocks are Rhythm and Seiko. not the shops' name :bleah:

There quite a few shops at "The Bencoolen". The Bencoolen building is beside OG Albert Complex.

the name of the shop is Rhythm and Seiko ? do you have the address ? :dunno:

Edited by claypot

the template is very useful. thanks. am cracking my head over the layouts.

cheers

No problem. I googled for a few templates online too. Glad to help. :)

thanks for sharing the wardrobe template!

am working on my carpentry planning now too :)

Good that its useful. :)

Thanks for the wardrobe template.

Really useful :good:

Hope to see more update pictures

Yes, i will try to update more when furnitures comes in. Been waiting for it since before chinese new year.

Hey plainsharon,

I'm interested to know how the barn door is locked

If possible, can take a photo of the locking mechanism?

Thanks!

I will take a photo of the locking mechanism. Its pretty simple lock so do look out. :)

Wall Clocks (Rhythm and Seiko) at Bencoolen Square is definitely cheaper.

Seiko at Bencoolen square is cheaper, i try to bargain a little. I will try to go back and take photo of the shop. :)

hihi plainsharon...

super love ur house... also the wardrobe planning... i directly take photo of it after seeing it...

i see u bought alot of stuff from taobao...

this is my first time buying from taobao...

i plan to buy chandelier light, entrance foyer light and fake eames chair lol...

can you advise me for this, which agent should i use? daigou, peeka or amcon???

somemore i dont know how to read chinese "."

also im trying to convince my hb to use storage heater so we can have rain shower.. but he complained that the electrical bill will be very exp..

so far based on ur exp, does the electical bill truns out to bevery exp for storage heater?

thank alot....

Hi Happymom~

Thanks for dropping by. I used peeka, the first purchased i use daigou but it was super expensive. 2nd time onwards i used peeka, it was great! Quite cheap too. For amcon, i heard good reviews about their pricing also, but placing order is not as simple as peeka or daigou thats why i used peeka subsequently. :)

Maybe you could use google translate or chrome to help auto translate for you when you are in taobao site. :)

I did not use storage heater, i just used the city gas heater and the rain shower works fine. Water pressure it not very high but good enough. But there is a few seconds waiting time from the gas heater to heat and flow water into the shower. My MBR's toilet is furthest, so the waiting time is the longest. Around 10-20seconds and durin the time i have a pail to collect the cold water while it gets warm up so i could use the water to wash floor or toilet. :)

the brand of the wall clocks are Rhythm and Seiko. not the shops' name :bleah:

There quite a few shops at "The Bencoolen". The Bencoolen building is beside OG Albert Complex.

Thanks claypot for clarifying. :) But i think the shop i purchase comes with a big seiko word. Let me check it out later on. :)