Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Here is the place where i purchase the clock :

#01-95, The Bencoolen. It was a lucky find. When i went in, those clocks were not there but they sell alot of Seiko and Rhythm Clocks

Look around at the area, there are other clocks shops in the building too.

10174900_10152782523214546_2002026287_n.

Hihi, How did you mount the picture on your brick wall? Did you have to drill a hole or use 3M hooks?

We drill a hole in between the grouting lines. Drill will make it holds better, 3M hooks are sometimes not so reliable.

:) :)

Yea.. Think I have to spend some serious time on carpentry planning already... Been relaxed for too long.. Lol.. (We start our Reno around the same period) :P

Barn doors have a charm of its own right! Been liking it since I saw it on a tv design program while overseas.. But the difference is that over there, they uses real wooden planks instead.. I do have a question about the locking mechanic of the barn door thou.. How does it look like huh? Any keys to unlock from the other side?

Hey plainsharon,

I'm interested to know how the barn door is locked

If possible, can take a photo of the locking mechanism?

Thanks!

Hi again~

I know its been a few days since the barn door locking mechanism was asked.

Here is the hooked / lock / locking mechanism. :):):)

Its something much simpler than expected.

10152567_10152782886954546_931844801_n.j

1457728_10152782900019546_764178752_n.jp

We only had the lock in the common toilet as the MBR toilet does not really need a lock. :notti:

Edited by plainsharon

• Like 2

We drill a hole in between the grouting lines. Drill will make it holds better, 3M hooks are sometimes not so reliable.

:) :)

Thanks plainsharon. Hmm I'm quite reluctant to drill because hubby feels that it will fixate the area for hanging pictures... So wondering if the 3m hooks can do the work since we are likely hanging smaller Picture frames on the wall

Thanks plainsharon. Hmm I'm quite reluctant to drill because hubby feels that it will fixate the area for hanging pictures... So wondering if the 3m hooks can do the work since we are likely hanging smaller Picture frames on the wall

We were thinking that we will hang the picture for a long time, further more we are afraid it might not be so stable with 3m hook with big hanging picture. Hanging smaller picture should be fine, could use 3m hook or velcro strip like these :)

Its pretty sturdy and will stick closely to the wall without worrying that wind might blow off your picture. :good:

hanging.jpga4f8f07f62a62d.jpg

Usually when you decide to hang something there, its pretty unlikely you might want to bring it down, unless its not nice and you might want to change it.

Its not like the picture will wear and tear too. :lol::lol:

Yes, that's the shop (3D Trading). They do not keep stock. So they selling those on display. its like almost half the price than the shops at Tanjong Katong Complex.

Here is the place where i purchase the clock :

#01-95, The Bencoolen. It was a lucky find. When i went in, those clocks were not there but they sell alot of Seiko and Rhythm Clocks

Look around at the area, there are other clocks shops in the building too.

10174900_10152782523214546_2002026287_n.

• Like 1

Here is the photo of the metal door

1660459_10152618386114546_1282152826_n.j

hi plainsharon,

for ur metal lock, how do you open the door? is it using card or pin code?

what about from the inside? would you mind to take the picture from the inside pleaseeeee....

thx alot....

hi plainsharon,

for ur metal lock, how do you open the door? is it using card or pin code?

what about from the inside? would you mind to take the picture from the inside pleaseeeee....

thx alot....

Metal lock is both pin and rfid. This model is Gateman V20 can find more information with the model. :)

My inside is something similiar to this, they will use a lock box to lock it up. So people cant access from outside.

At the same time there a remote control to open the door from inside the house like below.

The description below will give you a better idea. :good:

Gateman+on+Gate+4x4.jpg

• Like 1

Metal lock is both pin and rfid. This model is Gateman V20 can find more information with the model. :)

My inside is something similiar to this, they will use a lock box to lock it up. So people cant access from outside.

At the same time there a remote control to open the door from inside the house like below.

The description below will give you a better idea. :good:

Gateman+on+Gate+4x4.jpg

arghhhh i got it now....

thx alot for ur reference pic...

:wub:

Thank you for the locking mechanic fotos Sharon... It's really simpler than I imagine... That means can save on the locks :)

That said, the overall cost of a barn door can be juz slightly above a nytoh door.. Yea!!

Thank you for the locking mechanic fotos Sharon... It's really simpler than I imagine... That means can save on the locks :)

That said, the overall cost of a barn door can be juz slightly above a nytoh door.. Yea!!

Glad that it helped. :lol: :lol:

I got my door from HDB so did not change the door, only got a 2 door nytoh door from my contractor. :) But the price of the barn door is slightly above the nytoh door. :)

Hi, may I check if the digital lock is operated by battery? What type of battery does it use and how long does it last?

Here is how it works for my digtal lock on my wooden door. Battery usage depends on individual and battery used. See image below :

If you googled the digital lock model no. should be able to find more infomation about it

Wooden Door Digital Lock Model : Samsung Ezon SHS-1321

Metal Door Digital Lock Model : Gateman V20 [Which is the same as Yale. Yale bought over Gateman]

82f8bbd3-c4c3-4955-bae7-dd821b0355c1.jpg

Edited by plainsharon