Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hey bunbun, you are right! Thanks for identifying the place because I totally forgot what it is called. Lots of nice stuff at reasonable prices. Go crazy!

Greg, no problem! :) I was in taipei recently and bought a couple of soap dispensers in turquoise colors from the ximending outlet. That's why I found your picture familiar when I saw it.

Makanology, maybe when you are in taiwan, you could probably buy some stuff from working house and have them shipped by air post? It would be better if you have taiwanese friends who can help.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haha we have a good Taiwanese friend who is going back to Taipei soon so she can help. Also another colleague heading back home too! Now the problem is, is there an online catalogue to check out?

Now fixing our vintage zakka itch with TB and Tmall ;) just ordered some stuff, can't wait!

Haha we have a good Taiwanese friend who is going back to Taipei soon so she can help. Also another colleague heading back home too! Now the problem is, is there an online catalogue to check out?

Now fixing our vintage zakka itch with TB and Tmall ;) just ordered some stuff, can't wait!

This, i am not sure since I cannot check the website out on the ipad now. Apple products always have certain limitations at times. But I saw that they carry certain replica furnitures in addition to household accessories. But I did like a couple of their big size retro clocks though, can be a good buy if comparing with ikea's skovel clock. Only thing is, our luggage is too small for it so didn't buy.

You could email them and ask if there is any catalog of their products, it will not hurt to know. :)

Been thinking of ways to change the colour of the aluminium bar above the sliding door to the toilet

I think alot have this aluminium bar to cover the tracks of the sliding glass door.

photo1_zps02ac5a5b.jpg

I don't like the look of it so I changed it to a textured copper :jammin:

photo2_zps129e27fb.jpg

My taobao stuff has finally come in. Took a long while to unwrap because they were very heavy!

Pic of the TV console. Fits my modern industrial theme very nicely. Very pleased!

photo_zps3a0903fb.jpg

• Like 1

With the arrival of the TV console, I really feel like my living room area needs a nice rug. In between the TV console and sofa.

Been obsessed with finding a rug on taobao but not much success.

I did manage to source another website which I'm quite excited about. Have narrowed down to three options.

Rug2_zpsc21b57e2.jpg

Rug3_zps6295bd26.jpg

Rug1_zpsf1ca1560.png

One of them is very different from the other two. Lemme know what u guys think!

Gotta make up my mind soon cos one of them only have 3 items left in stock....

Teal! Will contrast well with your flooring and TV console!

Heh. Very tempted by teal. There's a darker shade version which is perfect but doesnt ship to Singapore unfortunately

I'd pick teal color since the laminate flooring is a dark shade of grey to me.

Does not necessary have to be grey/white rug to suit the industrial look. I saw a industrial feminine room online and thought it was really cozy. Main color is predominantly white but the few touches added were paintings, a bit of teal, a bit of wood though.

I'd pick teal color since the laminate flooring is a dark shade of grey to me.

Does not necessary have to be grey/white rug to suit the industrial look. I saw a industrial feminine room online and thought it was really cozy. Main color is predominantly white but the few touches added were paintings, a bit of teal, a bit of wood though.

About the grey/white rugs - I think I like them more because of the design. The idea of the first 2 choices was to disrupt the lines that run in the living room area to define the area, whilst keeping the grey/black/white colours.

I do wonder if the teal is as bright in the picture. Or brighter. Some concern if it's too bright. I don't want the carpet to be the centrepiece of attention in that area.

I wonder if people's preference will follow gender lines. Suspect that women will tend towards the teal. Hee.

Hmm looking at the picture of the teal, it looks a medium shade of teal. I think it's somewhere between light and dark balance? If not sure, you can try checking with seller if there is a full picture of the rug under natural light.

But ya, teal is really understated and easier for a guy who doesn't need cushions to make a small color fashion statement on the couch.

Still mulling over the carpets and trying to imagine each one in the space between TV console and sofa

photo21_zpsfd58d9b8.jpg

The thickness of the teal one is only about 0.5" though so not thick.

Somewhat tending towards option 3. It's actually has some gold in it heh.

Pic of the side console/desk

photo11_zpse27d0b6e.jpg

It's well made but there was a minor defect - probably because the container fell or wasn't handled gently.

Minor dent but not visible in the pic

I also bought a poster of middle earth which I really like. Turns out I don't have any suitable wall space. Quite a shame!

photo3_zps31e7ea72.png

About the grey/white rugs - I think I like them more because of the design. The idea of the first 2 choices was to disrupt the lines that run in the living room area to define the area, whilst keeping the grey/black/white colours.

I do wonder if the teal is as bright in the picture. Or brighter. Some concern if it's too bright. I don't want the carpet to be the centrepiece of attention in that area.

I wonder if people's preference will follow gender lines. Suspect that women will tend towards the teal. Hee.

i vote teal :)

I vote for no 1.

I think the solidity of the TV console and the sofa need to be complemented with something that is more dynamic and implies some motion, and the color is muted enough so that it won't compete for attention instead silently complementing the room. I'm sprouting BS here :)