Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey redder, my reno is finished and I made the final payment to my main con.

now just waiting for some furniture and buying decor, homeware and kitchenware.

hopefully tb stuff will come in the end of the month!

greg, congrats on completing your reno!

my sweet dreams and plans (or nightmare???) will only start in december once i collect my keys.

last time when i did up my house in punggol, i was lucky that my husband's uncle helped to oversee the project as a main con but working with family has its own cons. this time i might just go with another contractor and carpenter and pray for the best.

very piqued by TB but alas i cannot read chinese although i must say google chrome is a huge help. my brother in law bought some wedding stuff from here: http://www.made-in-china.com and it arrived safely. was wondering if anyone can comment on this as a TB alternative? it's probably TB in english for all i know - sorry for the noob question! and thanks in advance :)

Thanks Mellenur!

I briefly looked at the website and noticed that it is meant for businesses.

You can see that there is a minimum order for each item

Also there doesn't seem to have any rating for the seller or user feedback so it's gonna be hard to tell what the item is really like.

Some people have used google translate to translate the taobao page.

Also you can ask around for keywords to search for in taobao.

Or you can just use tb links that others have purchased from.

Gd luck if you decide to take the plunge!

Hi janyen,

My first TB shipment which included sinks (kitchen and bathroom), all my faucets and lighting, and 2 tolix chairs (cannot be flat packed) was 0.95 cubic metre. Shipping cost was $243

This TB shipment which has a lot more bulky items as you can see - and other items like edison bulbs and posters and canvas paintings - came up to 1.43 cubic metre. Shipping cost is $309

Based on this experience, I think it's worth buying bulky stuff on TB.

The shipping looks pricey IMO. Who did you go thru?

Hey ocean,

I used peeka. I think one of the more ex tb agents. Their service has been top notch for me though so it's worth every dollar.

Each shipment of mine, I spent around 2k on tb so to me the shipping cost is justified. Depends on how much you buy I guess!

hey redder, my reno is finished and I made the final payment to my main con.

now just waiting for some furniture and buying decor, homeware and kitchenware.

hopefully tb stuff will come in the end of the month!

Gd to know! Do share ur shopping pics and more pics of ur place! :)

I shall, soon enough. Been traveling most of this month and back end of the week. Would like to finally move in to my new place. Only had a chance to stay one night so far. Lol

Taobao loot should be in by next week. Woot!

I also bought some stuff to DIY distress some metal stuff which I am very keen to get started on!

congrats on your completion greg! looking forward to pics of the completed place.

btw the high stool i ordered from TB thru your link arrived in perfect condition thanks again.

cheers

This was in Taipei. Can't rem the name right now

Greg, that shop in taipei, is it by any chance called Working House? The turquoise and bright green colors, bins etc look very familiar to me.

www.workinghouse.com.tw

Hey bunbun, you are right! Thanks for identifying the place because I totally forgot what it is called. Lots of nice stuff at reasonable prices. Go crazy!