Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tikiman

Reno For Tikihouse @ Tampines

Aren't they all the same?

hi tessina, its the same tile but laid differently to create visual expression.

Left has 4 full diamonds, Centre has 6 full diamonds, and Right has 3 full diamonds.

Can't find your t-blog. Am interested to see how you did your place since we have the same layout.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hacking was completed on schedule today. The workers were so efficient, they have cleared all the debris, and moved the raw material into the hall. Tilers will be starting with the bathroom wall tomorrow.

sml_gallery_55299_123_26053.jpg

Edited by tikiman

Last night, my husband took a photo of the cement tiles and arrange the design using photoshop.

med_gallery_55299_123_56062.jpg

Bro/sis on renotalk, which arrangement do you think is nicest?

tikimum

The diff is quite subtle. Maybe can tell us what is the surrounding flooring around these tiles, in order to decide better.

Maybe you can add your selected floor tile and superimpose around the peranakan tiles? Then it will give you a better idea of the design to choose?

IMHO, from left to right:

Design 1 makes the area look longer.

Design 2 looks too 'balanced' and 'fabricated'

Design 3 makes it look broader.

The surrounding will be grey tiles that looks like cement screed. the space is 100x130cm, hence can allocate only 24 full tiles. it is located at the front entrance. before the first step.

The diff is quite subtle. Maybe can tell us what is the surrounding flooring around these tiles, in order to decide better.

thanks for the reply. my hubby and I feels the same way too... just dunno which to choose currently. Contractor said that there is still time to decide as it will be the last place to lay tiles.

Maybe you can add your selected floor tile and superimpose around the peranakan tiles? Then it will give you a better idea of the design to choose?

IMHO, from left to right:
Design 1 makes the area look longer.
Design 2 looks too 'balanced' and 'fabricated'
Design 3 makes it look broader.

hi tessina, its the same tile but laid differently to create visual expression.

Left has 4 full diamonds, Centre has 6 full diamonds, and Right has 3 full diamonds.

Can't find your t-blog. Am interested to see how you did your place since we have the same layout.

Oh, so that will be the exact look of just those exact number of tiles used? I thought it was a sample group of the entire floor area.

If so, I'd go for right most.

Mine might be out in next month's H&D mag, fingers crossed :D

Oh, so that will be the exact look of just those exact number of tiles used? I thought it was a sample group of the entire floor area.

If so, I'd go for right most.

Mine might be out in next month's H&D mag, fingers crossed :D

thanks for the vote. wish you all the best. looking forward to reading it on H&D

Since it's the last part to be laid, maybe you could ask them to dry lay first in order to get the best feel before deciding.

That's what we did, though I suspect it would be tougher for patterned tiles like the ones you're going for.

we are using a dark grey homogenous tile with a raw granite look. ( anti-slip too). This tile will also be used in the yard and as a border for the peranakan design.

while shopping for our bathroom fittings at SSC, we chance upon floor trap made of faux stone.

sml_gallery_55299_123_20757.jpg

@ $75/set, the price is over the moon. My contractor said a plastic one cost $4 and a stainless steel is less than $15. Being the down to earth person he usually is, he ask me if I really need this to cover the drain holes with it. He said if I buy it, he will install and bring his other clients to see ;). We were not prepared to pay for the most expensive tile in the house.

Few days later, went to Geylang to see other bathroom stores. We chance upon another type of floor trap with a tile insert at Heritage. It allow is to have a seamless floor look. Damage $28/set.

gallery_55299_123_12427.jpg

med_gallery_55299_123_32400.jpg

Since it's the last part to be laid, maybe you could ask them to dry lay first in order to get the best feel before deciding.

That's what we did, though I suspect it would be tougher for patterned tiles like the ones you're going for.

thanks for the advice. will do that :)

we are using a dark grey homogenous tile with a raw granite look. ( anti-slip too). This tile will also be used in the yard and as a border for the peranakan design.

while shopping for our bathroom fittings at SSC, we chance upon floor trap made of faux stone.

sml_gallery_55299_123_20757.jpg

@ $75/set, the price is over the moon. My contractor said a plastic one cost $4 and a stainless steel is less than $15. Being the down to earth person he usually is, he ask me if I really need this to cover the drain holes with it. He said if I buy it, he will install and bring his other clients to see ;). We were not prepared to pay for the most expensive tile in the house.

Few days later, went to Geylang to see other bathroom stores. We chance upon another type of floor trap with a tile insert at Heritage. It allow is to have a seamless floor look. Damage $28/set.

gallery_55299_123_12427.jpg

med_gallery_55299_123_32400.jpg

Wow... Didn't know that there are so many different types of floor trap out there. 😨I always thought that the floor trap is either plastic or stainless steel. This blog is like a Discovery channel to me. Thanks for the sharing! 😃

Wow... Didn't know that there are so many different types of floor trap out there. I always thought that the floor trap is either plastic or stainless steel. This blog is like a Discovery channel to me. Thanks for the sharing!

thanks for dropping by our T-blog. Happy to share what we have found in our reno journey as we learn from others too. There were even drain style floor trap. very cool, but our contractor will give me a "duh" look if we ask him to install them. Another important thing to note, if there is stainless steel parts in the drain trap, it must be removed before the chemical wash. Otherwise the it will corrode and rust.

Oh okay... Mine is just a simple plastic floor trap haha... Since I only overlay the existing toilet tiles... Might have venture into something fanciful if I know about it. My ID also told me that his team also always asking him "why do he go for concrete kitchen sink, I stopped building it 10 years ago", "why go for cement tiles, I have not laid them for the past 10 years" 😊 maybe you should take a picture of the floor trap after your toilet is done 😀