Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tikiman

Reno For Tikihouse @ Tampines

I mean the cardboard with lines on the underneath side that is in contact with the tiles. Just to make myself clear.

Hi MHB,

thanks for the info. An Huat had applied a sealant on the tiles. Will go down tomorrow to check and make sure the smooth side of the cardboard is placed on the tiles. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I called Opennet hotline regarding installation of fiber in my unit. Their standard answer to me was simple $200+ for installation cost and you have to wait a about a month for an open slot in my area. One month is way too long as I have a false ceiling to install. The operator advice me to write in my request as it was different. I have submitted a query to Opennet, it has been more than a week, and there is no reply, contrary to their claim getting back to customer in 5 working days. Sadly, both Tikimum and I expected this kind of service quality from Opennet. After all only they alone can install the system. Tomorrow, I will have to book an appointment and tell my contractor to keep 3 holes in the false ceiling open for the "Lord of Internet", Opennet to come when it pleases them.

About the installation cost, there are some service providers who will absorb this cost if you sign a 24 month contract with them. But viewquest don't offer this I think.

I called Opennet hotline regarding installation of fiber in my unit. Their standard answer to me was simple $200+ for installation cost and you have to wait a about a month for an open slot in my area. One month is way too long as I have a false ceiling to install. The operator advice me to write in my request as it was different. I have submitted a query to Opennet, it has been more than a week, and there is no reply, contrary to their claim getting back to customer in 5 working days. Sadly, both Tikimum and I expected this kind of service quality from Opennet. After all only they alone can install the system. Tomorrow, I will have to book an appointment and tell my contractor to keep 3 holes in the false ceiling open for the "Lord of Internet", Opennet to come when it pleases them.

I signed up with my republic during the last IT show and opennet came to install the point for me and my republic completed the installation the following week. Maybe, need the service provider to boon a slot with them to speed up the waiting time?

I signed up with my republic during the last IT show and opennet came to install the point for me and my republic completed the installation the following week. Maybe, need the service provider to boon a slot with them to speed up the waiting time?

Hi MHB, I currently have a contract with singnet. Hence, I can only port my existing line to the new place (which is chargeable). If I cancel my subscription, I will face a penalty that is more costly. Asking "that" service provider to help me book a slot...hahaha (cynical laughing). In a turn of event, Opennet called me and offer to install the fibre terminal next week. I was more than happy to agree.

it has been a hectic week for tikiFamily. Not so much about people working in the house, but the amount of planning and coordination needed to ensure other stuff ,out of my contractor's scope, to be installed. This week, we finalized the design of the grills, and the model of the doors. below is the design for the living room window. The gate design has the same motif too. To match the peranakan tiles. :)

10172477334_faa2b61e12_z.jpg

I mean the cardboard with lines on the underneath side that is in contact with the tiles. Just to make myself clear.

I told my contractor about the cement tiles getting imprint by the cardboard. He took the initiative wash the area clean and apply a second coat of sealant.

Edited by tikiman

We booked our aircon system from the renotalk advertiser http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/28271-air-con-group-buy/page-50#entry823115

Our Toshiba system 3 arrived on Thursday for installation. Initially there was a schedule mess up, but Tim managed to sort things out by Wednesday and installation was done as per scheduled. For whatever happened, I am glad that he managed to pull through. The installation team that he send did a proper job too. They patched up the previous piping hole, silicon-sealed the new trunking and cleaned up any mess from the installation. I will definitely recommend Tim, as I felt that he handled tough customers (us) well.

10208910913_9fe3c49131.jpg10208910823_728a201a1b_n.jpg

Edited by tikiman

We initially shortlisted the Indian Shesman veneer from Jennings for our kitchen. Tikimum wanted to take a look at the full piece of veneer. So we went to their office in Kranji Loop. Along the way, we also dropped by Arova ( introduced by vanessa) to see the veneer that she had used in her kitchen. The director at Arova was really helpful. He came out and explain to us the different veneers and got his staff to bring out the large pieces for Tikimum to see.

Complique Etrange (AWR 7558RT) from Arova has beautiful wood grain prints with texture to give it a authentic wood feel. After taking some larger samples for matching, we went to Jennings. The indian Shesman veneer from Jennings was almost identical to Arova's Complique Etrange. The only difference was Indian Shesman had a smooth finish and the prints looked more cluttered.

It was an obvious choice. We decided to use Arova's veneer along with their white glossy Arovacore Serieux White (ACQ 228G).

10245080024_fd3ddcbae2.jpg

Edited by tikiman

We initially shortlisted the Indian Shesman veneer from Jennings for our kitchen. Tikimum wanted to take a look at the full piece of veneer. So we went to their office in Kranji Loop. Along the way, we also dropped by Arova ( introduced by vanessa) to see the veneer that she had used in her kitchen. The director at Arova was really helpful. He came out and explain to us the different veneers and got his staff to bring out the large pieces for Tikimum to see.

Complique Etrange (AWR 7558RT) from Arova has beautiful wood grain prints with texture to give it a authentic wood feel. After taking some larger samples for matching, we went to Jennings. The indian Shesman veneer from Jennings was almost identical to Arova's Complique Etrange. The only difference was Indian Shesman had a smooth finish and the prints looked more cluttered.

It was an obvious choice. We decided to use Arova's veneer along with their white glossy Arovacore Serieux White (ACQ 228G).

10245080024_fd3ddcbae2.jpg

Woohoo!! welcome to "real" woodgrain club! :)

Both tikimum and I agreed that we needed a light color kitchen top to blend into the whole deco. Tikimum first choice was marble :jawdrop: . I had a hard time telling her that marble is like a sponge and will soak up all the stains. We then looked at granite and quartz top, and finally picked quartz top as it has the color selection we wanted.

Tikimum was not convince on the resistance of the quartz top, so she took a sample from iquartz showroom to do the dreaded turmeric test. Here are the results.

10311490683_8aee8fd51f_z.jpg

It has been some time since we update anything on our reno blog. This is because both Tikimum and I took a short break. So here is an update. All the wet works are finally completed and lighting are up. 2 of our down lights started to flicker, so we had to get them change.... but ahhh... we lost the reciept. Have to call Sembawang Lighting House to sort it out with the boss lady. My water meter got crazy. My water bill is $90 even though I have not move in :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: . Called PUB previously when I notice something was wrong with the meter. They ping pong me around with town council. Now when the bill is this high, I am going to refuse to pay! After all my calls to them were logged. I see how they are going to wiggle their way out of this issue. :angry2::angry2:

This is my place take today.

10574208346_b9e732f8bf_z.jpg

10574447873_b4f7826725_z.jpg

Edited by tikiman

Nice, bright and airy! Your lights look good too!

thanks. The two pendant lights are art deco from the 1930s which I bought years back at a antique store overseas. I had to do some restoration & hacking to get them to work properly.

The minimalist chandeliert is another diy hack job. :)