Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi JohnB,

these are working very well. I really like the integrated sink as there is no joint with the solid surface and hence no bacteria will be trap there. For typical sinks, silicon will be applied along the joints to prevent water seepage. However, the silicon may be worn out in time, Dirt gets trapped there easily too. Unfortunately, Ikea only carries white sinks for such integrated types. There are some slight yellow stains on mine already. If you are buying such sink from other sources, you can consider other colours for the sink. I did asked Ikea's supplier to quote me for a sink made of the same solid surface that I chose. However, it was too expensive.

Actifry is really useful. It produced really yummy and crispy fried drumsticks. I only had to marinate the drumsticks with salt and pepper for 5min, place them into the Actifry and the machine will fry on its own for 25min. There isn't much exhaust. However, the floor do get slightly oily. It is good to do a quick mop after frying.

Just realised the sink which you are using is somewhat what I opted for.

My sink will be integrated with the solid surface, not sure how it will turn out though...

Tried to engage Mr Yeak to renovate my new apartment but was declined as he doesn't take private projects, only HDB units. Reason being management restrictions on renovation timings and permits.

Take note private property owners.

Noted. Jay's regular contractor, William does condo. Jay's other customers seem happy with William's works.

William was a close 2nd choice for me.

Tried to engage Mr Yeak to renovate my new apartment but was declined as he doesn't take private projects, only HDB units. Reason being management restrictions on renovation timings and permits.

Take note private property owners.

Hi,

Your home looks great! Pls pm me your contractor's contact :) By the way, how's the IKEA kitchen so far? I heard mixed comments about ikea kitchen ... ... just wondering if I should go ahead with the purchase ...

Cheers,
asterus

Kitchen wall tiles are up. The partition wall for the IKEA cabinets and backsplash cannot be tiled.

gallery_55783_168_10436.jpg

gallery_55783_168_15544.jpg

Hi,

Your home looks great! Pls pm me your contractor's contact :) By the way, how's the IKEA kitchen so far? I heard mixed comments about ikea kitchen ... ... just wondering if I should go ahead with the purchase ...

Cheers,

asterus

Hi,

so far, Ikea kitchen has been really good. Very very well-designed and functional.

What I like:

1. the soft closing of all the doors and drawers are of very good quality

2. the child-proof latch which you can install for all the drawers and doors.

3. the drawers are really strong. I have put 20Kg of rice in 1 drawer, 6 big tins of milk powder in another and they are all holding well.

4. the ikea dustbins which you can put inside the drawer - this gives you a proper place for garbage

5. as I opted to have all drawers for the lower cabinets, I can see everything at 1 glance and it is really easy to retrieve items from the drawers.

I must say it is a SMARTER move to engage and ID to manage this contractor.

We went straight for this contractor. Hai.. We need to judge his workmanship and after sale service to be fair.

Anyone who engaged him.. care to share some experience? If anyone engaged or just engaged feel free to PM me, we can share our experience.

Edited by Oscaroscar

Hi JohnB,

these are working very well. I really like the integrated sink as there is no joint with the solid surface and hence no bacteria will be trap there. For typical sinks, silicon will be applied along the joints to prevent water seepage. However, the silicon may be worn out in time, Dirt gets trapped there easily too. Unfortunately, Ikea only carries white sinks for such integrated types. There are some slight yellow stains on mine already. If you are buying such sink from other sources, you can consider other colours for the sink. I did asked Ikea's supplier to quote me for a sink made of the same solid surface that I chose. However, it was too expensive.

Actifry is really useful. It produced really yummy and crispy fried drumsticks. I only had to marinate the drumsticks with salt and pepper for 5min, place them into the Actifry and the machine will fry on its own for 25min. There isn't much exhaust. However, the floor do get slightly oily. It is good to do a quick mop after frying.

Thank you, Harriette! Most kind of you.

I really like your integrated sink. Not having to worry about the silicon wearing out sounds really good to me.

I like white, and have been planning on getting a white sink and an all-white kitchen. Like yours, which looks very nice! (But on a much smaller scale, for my new house is small.) But I think I shall now have to rethink the colour scheme due to the stain issue.
I hope the new kitchen line arrives soon. I am looking forward to it! I heard that the US stores would be getting it in February. Australia release is scheduled for next year too, I think.
The oily floor thing worries me a little. Maybe I should look for alternatives.
Thanks again.