Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

And while we are at it, a quick look at the Service Yard as well. You will notice from the above photos that we have elected not to install any windows for now and the washer is sheltered with a plastic cover. So far, it has been alright and we will continue to monitor the situation.

ServiceYardLive01.jpg

ServiceYardLive02.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just some additional proof that we have been enjoying the comforts of our own home, photos of some of the meals that we have whipped up. These are mostly quick fix dishes as we do cook on weekdays after a hard day of work, just as we gradually adapt ourselves to steel cookware and a built-in oven which are new to us.

Food01.jpg

Food02.jpg

Food03.jpg

Food04.jpg

Food05.jpg

Food06.jpg

• Like 2

Food looks yummy!

美!

Kitchen looks great :good:

The food looks yummy too... LoL ~

Hopefully we will not procrastinate this weekend and get the study packed and sorted out. There are some medium height abandoned holes on the wall that require patching as I struck into the connecting angle steel plates while trying to mount an open shelf.

Despite picking a higher power 700W hammer drill, it is still no match for those rotary hammers used by contractors with wattage in excess of 1000W when it comes to ease of drilling in difficult situations. Thankfully the carpenter offered to help me mount the shelf when he came over for minor rectifications.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument

I suffered from a bad injury during my weekly futsal games and had the wound infection which gave me swinging fevers for a good 5 days or so. As a result, I wasn't able to sort out the study over the previous weekend.

This weekend, we managed to work out the storage organization and finally got our lazy bums off the couch to paint the Household Shelter door with the chalkboard paint that we have bought in April. The texture of the paint is really clumpy and we would considered it a little difficult to work with, unlike the Momento. Anyway, the finished effect wasn't as smooth as we desired but we will just leave it for now. If the blotches on the surface is making it hard to write on, we may very well scrap it off and start from scratch.

Just some test doodling before we head to bed.

ChalkboardPaintDoor01.jpg

We have so busy living and hosting that we have not gone furniture shopping even once after moving in.

So here are the current photos of the study in its current state. Notice that I have patched up holes on the wall that I have yet to sand down and paint over.

StudyLive01.jpg

StudyLive02.jpg

This is the industrial shelf we got from Like That One and we haven't decided on what to do with it as we certainly need a proper bookshelf to store our books which are still packed away. And a nice arm or lounge chair as well. *Disclaimer: most of the spirits were from our guests and we are not AA, although we do enjoy the more than occasional beer and wine*

StudyLive03.jpg

Another look at how the distribution point of our home network looks like.

StudyLive04.jpg

StudyLive05.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

There has been a spate of water pipes bursting in the risers lately in my estate and particularly in my block.

This kicked us into action as the wife has been wanting to remove the cement ramp at the main door with a tiled kerb instead, an idea which we briefly toyed with during the renovation process.

Anyway, AL quickly made the arrangements for his tiling workers to get the job done and even offered us some leftover tiles from another project but we took the chance to go shopping and the wife picked out some Turkish tiles from Hafary.

MainDoorKerb01.jpg

• Like 1

Hello! I brought 2 of the 1m birdie lighting too! How is the brightness of the lights?

Now I'm worried its too short for my 3m*4m wardrobe :(

Hi g0mug0mu,

which light are you referring to? My study light?

Hey IT question... I had the ac1900 router from asus.. And I placed this on the tv console in the living room where the fibre point is.

However I am not able to get the signal in my master bed room ... Do u think I need to get wifi patcher? Or is there any other way to improve the signal? Point the antenna towards the room direction? There are 3 walls from the living to the master bedroom