Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yes, I got the hob, hood and oven package for a truly unbeatable cash payment price from Heritage after a little bit of negotiation.

About the duct out, I don't think this is an option for HDB.

If you have a yard, you can duct out through your false ceiling to your own yard. That is what I did in my previous place, a condominium unit. Not sure if this is possible for HDB units.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice man. Good to hear that.

One thing that is pulling me away from buying a good hood is that they have this charcoal filter which needs to be replaced every year or two. Not sure where to get the spare charcoal filter or will it still be in production many years down the road.

On a side note, nice quartz top!

Yes, I got the hob, hood and oven package for a truly unbeatable cash payment price from Heritage after a little bit of negotiation.

About the duct out, I don't think this is an option for HDB.

Nice man. Good to hear that.

One thing that is pulling me away from buying a good hood is that they have this charcoal filter which needs to be replaced every year or two. Not sure where to get the spare charcoal filter or will it still be in production many years down the road.

On a side note, nice quartz top!

Again, this is the reason the baffle filter swung our decision its way. Even at full speed, the noise level is pretty low as compared to those using aluminium mesh filters.

Went up to check on the progress and were surprised the doors and glass works were installed a day ahead of schedule.

Kitchen Door

KitchenGlassDoor01.jpg

Study Glass Panel

StudyGlassPanel01.jpg

StudyGlassPanel02.jpg

Main Bedroom and Bedroom 1 Veneer Door

VeneerDoor01.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

• Like 1

Last but not least, a sneak preview of the network cables termination.

This is how the 8-port patch panel is integrated into the TV console. Note that the bundling of the cables using masking tape is just a temporary measure as I did not bring along my bag of Velcro straps.

TVConsolePatchPanel01.jpg

TVConsolePatchPanel02.jpg

TVConsolePatchPanel03.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

• Like 2

The aluminium framed doors are super nice. I am also doing the sliding version for my kitchen.,, still thinking if I shd have black strips on the glass door...

The aluminium framed doors are super nice. I am also doing the sliding version for my kitchen.,, still thinking if I shd have black strips on the glass door...

Depends if you are going for the industrial look or not. For our glass panels, it will be much nicer if the frames are wider.

Edited by mavicaste

Today, there was carpentry touch-up, another round of electrical works and painting.

Electrical is all done save for a few more Taobao lights which will only be here next week.

This is the first time we have lights in the kitchen as the switch for them is embedded in the side of the shoe cabinet.

KitchenCabinets01.jpg

Painting is expected to be completed tomorrow and the door frames were painted black today.

BlackDoorFrames01.jpg

This is how the switch and 12-port patch panels are integrated into the study desk shelf.

The bottom compartment of the study shelf has a door that opens downwards.

CarpentryInstallation09.jpg

Behind the door is a snap-on panel where the switch and patch panels are mounted. This design allows me to perform maintenance such as cleaning of the compartment from time to time.

StudyShelfPatchPanel02.jpg

The rear of the compartment is actually hollow and is part of the box-up to conceal the surface trunking of the network cables on the recess wall. A cutout with a aluminium grill on the left allows for some ventilation.

StudyShelfPatchPanel01.jpg

• Like 1

Hi mavicaste, how much were your veneer doors and where are they from? Thank u.

Hi LHWH,

saw that you just started your own t-blog recently. All the best to your renovation.

All the renovation items other than lighting, kitchen and bathroom fixtures are included in the contract with my ID and as such, are supplied by his sub-contractors.

Very nice and detailed mavi. Looks like you hide every single cat6e cable in your house. Haha.

I saw the ventilation on the shelves where the switch will be kept. Hopefully switch has enough ventilation.

Congrats to both of u. Nice preview of your house. When u gonna invite us over for housewarming lol. Btw u should be able to guess who I am. I got reservist in july till 19.

• Like 1