Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hey Mavi,

One question. When you distribute your cat6e trunking from the study room, how did you run the cable as it enters the room? ie. there is a door. When you close the door, the cable get squashed up right?

Holes are drilled close to the ceiling on the walls to pass the cables through. Most of the cable trunkings will be concealed by the false ceiling or carpentry.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Carpentry started installation today and it looks like our decision to use very bold laminates are paying off.

The wardrobe in the Main Bedroom is the first to be completed.

CarpentryInstallation02.jpg

Hob Side of the Kitchen Cabinet

CarpentryInstallation01.jpg

Preview of the TV Console

CarpentryInstallation03.jpg

Close-up of the TV Console Laminate

CarpentryInstallation04.jpg

Holes are drilled close to the ceiling on the walls to pass the cables through. Most of the cable trunkings will be concealed by the false ceiling or carpentry.

For my place, I had this idea of having some kind of MRT tunnel with a cover that runs along the floor on one side of the room and even up/down the different levels. This would allow me to pull wires & cables anywhere and anytime I like. Have you seen something like this suitable for a residential property.

I tried to explain to my ID, contractor and electrician but they all thought I was crazy. Anyway, I ended up doing it the traditional way, as you know.

Edited by kstoh

For my place, I had this idea of having some kind of MRT tunnel with a cover that runs along the floor on one side of the room and even up/down the different levels. This would allow me to pull wires & cables anywhere and anytime I like. Have you seen something like this suitable for a residential property.

I tried to explain to my ID, contractor and electrician but they all thought I was crazy. Anyway, I ended up doing it the traditional way, as you know.

I think you are referring to a raised floor commonly found in server rooms and data centres. I have not seen their residential equivalent though.

Carpentry installation continued 2 days after the carpenter gathered my complex requirements again for the study desk on Monday night.

Sink Side of the Kitchen Cabinet

CarpentryInstallation05.jpg

TV Console

CarpentryInstallation06.jpg

Shoe Cabinet

CarpentryInstallation07.jpg

Bathroom Vanity Cabinets

CarpentryInstallation08.jpg

Study Desk

CarpentryInstallation09.jpg

• Like 1

Things are progressing nicely, think your hse will be complete in another 1 week plus ?

Targetting to move in next weekend, if not the following.

Nice reno! Your carpentry works make me drool for more of my own in the guest room. Right now it's as bare as a baby's bottom. Haha.

We waited 3 weeks for our carpentry site measurement and another 3 weeks to start installation. I guess the wait is justified when we see the results.

Carpentry has been completed and the remaining works will be kitchen quartz top, painting, glass works, doors and another round of electrical works.

Kitchen Cabinets

CarpentryInstallation10.jpg

CarpentryInstallation11.jpg

CarpentryInstallation12.jpg

Solid Surface Installed on Bathroom Vanity Cabinets

CarpentryInstallation13.jpg

A lot of you must be eager to find out how did I integrate the switch and patch panels into the design of the study desk and TV console. I can only say that I am quite pleased with the end results. I will take the photos when I am terminating the cables next weekend as I am preoccupied with a second consecutive wedding photography assignment this weekend.

Edited by mavicaste

Eager is an understatement mavi. Haha.

Wow very big hood there. Must be some serious cooking. What's the box thing at the top of the hood?

Eager is an understatement mavi. Haha.

Wow very big hood there. Must be some serious cooking. What's the box thing at the top of the hood?

That's part of the chimney hood, with the protective film still intact. We chose to go with the Ellane package instead of our initial choice of an Electrolux package due to this hood.

The suction is rated at 1200m3/hour and uses a baffle filter commonly found in commercial hoods instead of the usual aluminium mesh filter which clogs up easily.

Hi mavi!

I'm also very keen to see how you put all the wires through your console and study table. In general I think your wiring infrastructure is very carefully thought out.

Yeah man I didnt noe the brand ellane exist until your last post. Looks like a singapore company since 1970.

Package looks attractive too. Did u get the built in oven too?

1200m3/hr is sure a high one. I was aiming 700-1000..did u manage to create the duct for the smoke to flow out?

Yeah man I didnt noe the brand ellane exist until your last post. Looks like a singapore company since 1970.

Package looks attractive too. Did u get the built in oven too?

1200m3/hr is sure a high one. I was aiming 700-1000..did u manage to create the duct for the smoke to flow out?

Yes, I got the hob, hood and oven package for a truly unbeatable cash payment price from Heritage after a little bit of negotiation.

About the duct out, I don't think this is an option for HDB.

The quartz countertops were installed yesterday and this will be followed by a flurry of installation activities between today and Saturday including plumbing, doors, glass works, electrical, painting and cleaning.

The countertops turned out how we hoped they would be, or at least under the flashlight as the switch for the kitchen lights is to be embedded in the shoe cabinet and will only be installed tomorrow. The only slight regret I have is that I should have ran the gas pipe along the kitchen ceiling straight through to the service yard before dropping it down and splitting them to the gas heater and back in to the gas hob. This way, we wouldn't have a pipe sticking out of the countertop in the corner.

QuartzCountertop01.jpg

QuartzCountertop02.jpg