Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Would suggest you guys take the quotation discussion in private or something. Wouldn't want our "reasonable" quote to backfire on us with all these "discussion" going on. Thanks.

Good point.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HDB's appointed contractor for cement screeding uploaded the cement and sand yesterday and this afternoon, they are more than halfway done. Looking forward to faster progress once this is completed. :sport-smiley-004:

HDBCementScreeding.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

I am also waiting for your progress... Seemed like it has been a while

The original plan was to hack, erect the new walls, wait for the HDB cement screeding to be completed before commencing on the main renovation works. When we were finally informed the screeding would only be done 5 full weeks after application, AL had the electrical and false ceiling works brought forward, with the rest continuing after the screeding.

Now that it has been completed, we are just giving it more time to dry properly, the rest of the works should be coming in swiftly. In fact, if anything, it will be held up by us waiting for ordered items to arrive as we have only just done so.

HDBCementScreedingCompleted.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

Keep up the good work mavi. This is my most favourite blog of all and I am following it closely as I learn many network related stuff.

With abundant lan points, you can take advantage of smart tvs and NAS.

Hi Mavi, I just stumbled your blog today. Your sourcing of IDs and planning/drawing looks really good.

I got my keys not too long ago and it's also a 4rm bto.

So I'm looking for good ID to reno my new house. Do you mind sharing your quotation and ID contact ?

Thanks a lot and all the best on your reno. I'll be following your blog :)

Edited by lidavo4

Keep up the good work mavi. This is my most favourite blog of all and I am following it closely as I learn many network related stuff.

With abundant lan points, you can take advantage of smart tvs and NAS.

Thanks for your compliments. I am currently cracking my head with how to best integrate the patch panels into the carpentry,

Hi Mavi, I just stumbled your blog today. Your sourcing of IDs and planning/drawing looks really good.

I got my keys not too long ago and it's also a 4rm bto.

So I'm looking for good ID to reno my new house. Do you mind sharing your quotation and ID contact ?

Thanks a lot and all the best on your reno. I'll be following your blog :)

Hi lidavo4,

check your email. Just a tip, you can private message other users when requesting for quotations or additional information in the future instead of leaving your email address out in the open. ;)

Thanks for your compliments. I am currently cracking my head with how to best integrate the patch panels into the carpentry,

Hi lidavo4,

check your email. Just a tip, you can private message other users when requesting for quotations or additional information in the future instead of leaving your email address out in the open. ;)

Hi Mavi, I got your email but no attachment :) Could you pls send again ?

Thanks for the tip, i have remove my email address.

Hi Mavi, I got your email but no attachment :) Could you pls send again ?

Thanks for the tip, i have remove my email address.

Oops. :lol:

Check your email again.

Just make another separate carpentry to store your switch and router. Have good air circulation so parts wont heat up.

You will be mounting the patch panel on the wall or on the carpentry?

Just make another separate carpentry to store your switch and router. Have good air circulation so parts wont heat up.

You will be mounting the patch panel on the wall or on the carpentry?

The switch will be housed in the wall shelving which is part of my study desk and the router will be sitting in the open near the study glass panel so the only concern with cooling and ventilation will be the switch. Patch panels will all be housed in the carpentry.

Hi neighbor! Happy to see your wet works are almost done! Looking forward to see more updates soon! =)

Hey, saw that you have already moved in, wished I could say the same.

Anyway, painting is arranged for next week before the other works come in but we can only get the carpentry started on 3 May due to a packed schedule, no thanks to the 5 weeks of waiting for HDB's cement screed.

On the plus side, we will have a little more time to decide on the bathroom and kitchen sinks, shower fittings and kitchen appliances.

I have been researching for a service provider to sign up with for just internet and voice. It was down to M1 and StarHub and I went to the extent to comparing what wireless routers were they including in the package. I really like the fact that M1 offers upgrade options for the wireless router and I have half my mind set topping up for the Asus RT-AC68U, until I chanced upon this.

Asus RT-AC68U, step aside for the Linksys WRT1900AC.

LinksysWRT1900AC.jpg

http://www.linksys.com/en-apac/products/routers/WRT1900AC

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2143623/linksys-wrt1900ac-wi-fi-router-review-faster-than-anything-we-ve-tested.html

The design and colour scheme invokes memories of the classic WRT54G, which together with DD-WRT OpenSource firmwares, made it rock solid and one of the most popular routers of its generation. At 1.13kg with massive heatsinks and a internal cooling fan, you can be sure it is packed with top of the range components and the test results clearly show that. This is the first Linksys router launched after Belkin acquired the brand from Cisco and its looking like they are going in the right direction.