Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I think market rate is around $120 per data point.

mishmash

Better not get the impression that market rate is $150 for everything. This price is not just "more than reasonable". To me, it is ridiculously cheap. I paid much more than this per point, although I must disclose that mine were all concealed, over long distance and included supply of cables and termination which mavicaste is doing himself. I think market rate for unconcealed may be around $150 per point but I am not sure.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think market rate is around $120 per data point.

mine is also $120 per point. Although i got another quotation that quoted $60 per point (but the other items are quite high, so did not go with it)

data points are going to be a killer for me. I am planning 11 points.

either i have to rob a bank or cut down on those points :dunno:

Let us discuss with the ID's electrician and get back with the quotation per data point installation. We also suspect $100+ each too. If so, time for negotiation...

or i can learn from mavicaste to terminate those points :help:

With the plethora of instructional videos available on YouTube these days, it isn't hard to pick up little DIY skills that will save us plenty of money. I do have to add that as I have always felt I am pretty good with my hands and this has gave me the confidence from the start that I will be performing self termination of the network cables on my own.

Incidentally, the first shipment of my Amazon order arrived and they were the networking tools which will be followed by the 4 units of patch panels which are split into 3 other shipments.

NetworkingTools.jpg

As I have mentioned, I actually chose the more costly, proprietary RJ45 connectors and crimping tool for ease of use. If you have the intention to go the same route as me and terminate the cables on your own, there are more affordable generic, standard tools that will get the job done as well. Here is my very first self crimped foot long patch cord for the connection between the patch panel and the switch.

PatchPaneltoSwitchPatchCord.jpg

With the plethora of instructional videos available on YouTube these days, it isn't hard to pick up little DIY skills that will save us plenty of money. I do have to add that as I have always felt I am pretty good with my hands and this has gave me the confidence from the start that I will be performing self termination of the network cables on my own.

Incidentally, the first shipment of my Amazon order arrived and they were the networking tools which will be followed by the 4 units of patch panels which are split into 3 other shipments.

NetworkingTools.jpg

As I have mentioned, I actually chose the more costly, proprietary RJ45 connectors and crimping tool for ease of use. If you have the intention to go the same route as me and terminate the cables on your own, there are more affordable generic, standard tools that will get the job done as well. Here is my very first self crimped foot long patch cord for the connection between the patch panel and the switch.

Did this before when I was much younger. LoL ~

Anyway if you are offering this service for a small fee let me know, then I can skip gg to Sim Lim there to do it. heheh :notti:

Anyway if you are offering this service for a small fee let me know, then I can skip gg to Sim Lim there to do it. heheh :notti:

Ya, I need this too! Then I can dun go Sim Lim as well. Thanks!

I DIY lots of things but I gave up trying to crimp the cable to replace some connectors with broken lock tabs. How do you guys line up the 8 tiny cables???

With the plethora of instructional videos available on YouTube these days, it isn't hard to pick up little DIY skills that will save us plenty of money. I do have to add that as I have always felt I am pretty good with my hands and this has gave me the confidence from the start that I will be performing self termination of the network cables on my own.Incidentally, the first shipment of my Amazon order arrived and they were the networking tools which will be followed by the 4 units of patch panels which are split into 3 other shipments.

NetworkingTools.jpg

Something is missing in your delivery... I am pretty sure it is this: http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/CableIQ-Qualification-Tester

Hahaha! I did DIY network cables during my free time at work from 2007 to 2010. Fluke tester device was provided by my network engineer.

Something is missing in your delivery... I am pretty sure it is this: http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/CableIQ-Qualification-Tester

Hahaha! I did DIY network cables during my free time at work from 2007 to 2010. Fluke tester device was provided by my network engineer.

*chokes*

I did consider getting those simple continuity testers when I was placing the order but decided I will just use my systems to test the connections. The Fluke network tester can only justify the cost if I am making a living doing this on a daily basis.

Ya, I need this too! Then I can dun go Sim Lim as well. Thanks!

You guys referring to custom length patch cords?

I DIY lots of things but I gave up trying to crimp the cable to replace some connectors with broken lock tabs. How do you guys line up the 8 tiny cables???

I think the trick is to really straighten the wires and then trim the ends to make them uniform before trying to insert through the RJ45 connectors. Speaking as if I am a 老手 after only 2 crimps. Lol

Let us discuss with the ID's electrician and get back with the quotation per data point installation. We also suspect $100+ each too. If so, time for negotiation...

Would suggest you guys take the quotation discussion in private or something. Wouldn't want our "reasonable" quote to backfire on us with all these "discussion" going on. Thanks.