Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear Mavicaste,

can I use the tele point to convert and add a switch for more output..It that the same and solve the problem.

Hi fal681,

yes, you will be able to get similar results this way.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As requested by gashapon05, here are some photos of the surface trunking that are not concealed in my living room.

Starting from the utility cabinet, I ran my own 10m fibre patch cord to the TV console area and there is a short run of trunking from it into the L-box.

DistributionPanel04.jpg

SurfaceTrunking01.jpg

Above the shelf of the TV console, another run of the trunking allows for the fibre patch cord to drop down as well as the cat6 cables to run from the TV console to the study.

SurfaceTrunking02.jpg

As mentioned before, it is not possible to drill through the beams between rooms so the routing has to go just under the beams and so there is another of this short run where the cables exit the living room and enter the adjacent study.

SurfaceTrunking03.jpg

• Like 1

As requested by gashapon05, here are some photos of the surface trunking that are not concealed in my living room.

Starting from the utility cabinet, I ran my own 10m fibre patch cord to the TV console area and there is a short run of trunking from it into the L-box.

DistributionPanel04.jpg

SurfaceTrunking01.jpg

Above the shelf of the TV console, another run of the trunking allows for the fibre patch cord to drop down as well as the cat6 cables to run from the TV console to the study.

SurfaceTrunking02.jpg

As mentioned before, it is not possible to drill through the beams between rooms so the routing has to go just under the beams and so there is another of this short run where the cables exit the living room and enter the adjacent study.

SurfaceTrunking03.jpg

hi mavicaste,

just a thought whether drilling through the wall between 2 areas, e.g. say the living room & adjacent room, will affect the sound proofing between the 2 areas?

hi mavicaste,

just a thought whether drilling through the wall between 2 areas, e.g. say the living room & adjacent room, will affect the sound proofing between the 2 areas?

I think the type of materials used in doors as well as the fit is a bigger factor in terms of sound insulation than a through hole in the wall.

The NAS will be much later on, there are plenty of high priority items associated with a new home that we have to get first.

yea because it's part of your plans, so your networking setup will be a good reference for me :D

yea because it's part of your plans, so your networking setup will be a good reference for me :D

Actually its on its way here from Amazon as we speak after they reduced the prices last week and they granted my request for free shipping as bulky or heavy items are not eligible for AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping.

• Like 1

any photos of your flat after move in? :)

Hi shannie,

we have yet to settle in fully as we are still short of some chairs and more storage but have been too busy to go source for them in the past weekends. In fact, we only just got our curtains tracks installed over the weekend.

I will see what I can take this weekend.

Time just seems to fly by once we moved in, especially now that we have to handle all the chores on our own.

Anyway, we finally have a long weekend for a proper rest and I managed to take a few shots.

The Living Room in its current state

LivingRoomLive01.jpg

LivingRoomLive02.jpg

LivingRoomLive03.jpg

LivingRoomLive04.jpg

LivingRoomLive05.jpg

• Like 1

Nice updates :good:

Guess you must be loving your house and not wanting to go out during the weekends. Heheh

By the way just to check how you maintain the Vinyl flooring ? (Sweep / Vacuum & Mop ?? )

Nice updates :good:

Guess you must be loving your house and not wanting to go out during the weekends. Heheh

By the way just to check how you maintain the Vinyl flooring ? (Sweep / Vacuum & Mop ?? )

You are **** right about this. Other than going out for grocery shopping at Sengkang, Hougang or Serangoon, we just love chilling at home, especially when the weather has been hot lately.

For the maintenance of the vinyl flooring, we use wet wipes and vacuum.

You are **** right about this. Other than going out for grocery shopping at Sengkang, Hougang or Serangoon, we just love chilling at home, especially when the weather has been hot lately.

For the maintenance of the vinyl flooring, we use wet wipes and vacuum.

LoL ~~~

For wet wipes how is it like ? Any recommendations or pictures of it ?

LoL ~~~

For wet wipes how is it like ? Any recommendations or pictures of it ?

We are using the Scotch Brite mop with both the Scotch Brite brand disposable wet wipes as well as much cheaper third-party brands when only light cleaning is required.